Windows 10: Permission access to files denied

Discus and support Permission access to files denied in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, i wish to ask after the windows 10 update on 10/12/20. I'm currently unable to delete the files in my pc while keep encountering the problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lau11, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Lau11 Win User

Permission access to files denied

Hi, i wish to ask after the windows 10 update on 10/12/20.

I'm currently unable to delete the files in my pc while keep encountering the problem

Folder Access Denied stating I'm not the user of the PC while I'm the only user

I'm only able to have access to my desktop, and the dwonloads folder, all other files are unable access permission to move or delete

What is happening?

Attach is the error that pops out when i tried to delete a file from "My Documents" Folder

Permission access to files denied 479b898b-a8f1-4c31-ac9e-bcf3c8be2eaa?upload=true.jpg

:)

Lau11, Dec 10, 2020
  2. Geethu B Win User

Unable to access a folder, it denies permission

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with permission.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.1. Is the issue specific with a particular folder?

2. What is the complete error message?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Permission issue.

• Corrupt User Account.

• Damaged files.

I suggest you to try the steps under the section Issue 1:
    I get an "Access Denied" error message when accessing or working with files and folders
    in the following article and check if it helps.

"Access Denied" or other errors when accessing or working with files and folders in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2623670

Note:

1. Applies to Windows 10.

2. You may need to be logged on as an administrator to change file and folder permissions.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Dec 10, 2020
  3. cannot access file/or permissions

I have a file i need to run on Windows 7 Home Premium. I get the error message saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

So I right click and choose Properties to access the permissions but I cannot. In the Security tab I get a message saying, " You do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings.".

Next I boot into the Windows 7 Hidden Administrator Mode - and even with this I get all the same error messages.

Please help me as I really need to run This file.

John Phoenix, Dec 10, 2020
  4. j.col70 Win User

j.col70, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Permission access to files denied - Similar Threads - Permission access files

2. Access to file denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access to file denied: Files from previous account held in new account but access denied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-file-denied/68d6af4c-32bd-4077-885c-45af79360b2e
  3. Access to file denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access to file denied: Files from previous account held in new account but access denied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-file-denied/68d6af4c-32bd-4077-885c-45af79360b2e
  4. Access denied despite administrator permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied despite administrator permissions: Hi there,using this forum as a last resort because I'm at my wit's end.I have the Xbox Games app installed on my Windows 11 only updated a couple days ago machine and I don't seem to have any permissions on the game folders.If I go to "Accounts > Your info" it clearly shows...
  5. Access denied despite administrator permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access denied despite administrator permissions: Hi there,using this forum as a last resort because I'm at my wit's end.I have the Xbox Games app installed on my Windows 11 only updated a couple days ago machine and I don't seem to have any permissions on the game folders.If I go to "Accounts > Your info" it clearly shows...
  6. Access denied. You need permission.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access denied. You need permission.: HI,I'm having issues in regards to transferring movie files to my external hard drive . Which is connected to my router. As a cheap alternative as a nas system.The problem is , I can't transfer the files. It says access denied . You need permission.I've tried all the usual...
  7. File Access Denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Access Denied: I am trying to add a comment to a URL shortcut on my desktop. So, I right click the file, choose Properties, then Details. I fill in the Description field. I hit Apply and get: File Access Denied - You'll need to provide administrator permission to apply properties to this...
  8. File permission denied

in Windows 10 Support
    File permission denied: I am having a problem opening a Microsoft Access database accdb file on my D: drive. It was working fine until recently when I upgraded to Windows10/Office 2016. Now all I get is : "File permission denied". Bizarrely all the other Access databases in the same folder are...
  9. File Access Denied

in Windows 10 Support
    File Access Denied: I get the following message when I try to 'save, 'save as' or 'paste': File Access Denied You require permission from Unix User\nobody to make changes to this file. I have no idea was to what causes this nor have I made any security changes. Any ideas? 29590
  10. Permissions to access cloned hard drive files and folders denied

in Windows 10 Support
    Permissions to access cloned hard drive files and folders denied: Hi, I have a cloned hard drive of my home PC in a caddy which I'm trying to access (USB) from my work PC. But it's telling me I don't have permission to access files or folders. Edit- sorted individual folders but not contained files so it would be useful to know how to...