Windows 10: Permission and startup apps issues

Discus and support Permission and startup apps issues in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi there. For some reason recently my startup apps have not been appearing in the settings tab, and the apps that DO start up seem to have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Kieran Weir, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Permission and startup apps issues

Hi there.

For some reason recently my startup apps have not been appearing in the settings tab, and the apps that DO start up seem to have been randomised. When I go into the roaming folder there are only two apps showing, one of which I manually had turned off before, and neither of which actually start. Some of my previous chosen apps show up, some don't and some extra ones also show which I had previously disabled. Not only this but certain settings for apps that I use to overclock my graphics card etc always ask for administrator privileges when turning them on. It means that even when my startup apps were working that I would have to revert the settings every time I rebooted because it wouldn't actually boot properly. I've tried to change this in PC manager but the 'users' tab doesn't show. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Picture attached shows what the settings look like with no option to even change the apps. No + signs or anything. Permission and startup apps issues 7b134ce6-4d1d-4bc3-898a-3d534e9c7f25?upload=true.png

:)

Kieran Weir, Jan 30, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jan 30, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    App Permissions

Hi Tony,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Some apps require certain permissions to work properly. However, you can change the permissions given to the apps by following the below steps:

1. Click on Start.
    2. Click on Settings and then click on Privacy.
    3. Under the App Permissions you can change the permissions which are assigned for the apps.

However, you can go through the
    Microsoft Privacy Statement

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 30, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Permission and startup apps issues

Permission issue

Presumably because TrustedInstaller is the owner (hence you need its permission), suggesting that img3.jpg was installed by Windows at some time.

Presumably that also means it can be uninstalled. How did you get it in the first place? Where is it located?

If you really want to delete it yourself, then taking ownership would seem a logical first step.

Thema:

Permission and startup apps issues

1. Permission and startup apps issues - Similar Threads - Permission startup apps

2. Permission Issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Permission Issue: Hello, I want to ask youI want to use Windows 10 by downloading and installing it from your site, but there is a problem with permission to use it. In other words, can I get permission to use Windows 10 to work while it is not activated, knowing that I am from a third world...
  3. Permission Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permission Issue: Hello, I want to ask youI want to use Windows 10 by downloading and installing it from your site, but there is a problem with permission to use it. In other words, can I get permission to use Windows 10 to work while it is not activated, knowing that I am from a third world...
  4. App Permissions issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    App Permissions issue: First things first, I don't know if this is the right place to put this because this is kind of an issue on both sides, those sides being Windows 10 and Minecraft Windows 10 Editon, so I'm most likely gonna post this on r/Minecraft afterwards. Here's the story, just today, I...
  5. permission issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    permission issues: Every time I attempt to launch this program it asks for permission. Processing video g6x9i67v34w51... submitted by /u/twinightleak77 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jkklqf/permission_issues/
  6. Permissions issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Permissions issue: I have been attempting to do the following: 1. I can open the Network 2. Select the C:\ on my other computer which I do see in the Network 3. I get an error message which reads as follows" windows cannot access \\Name of computer You do not have permission to access...
  7. Issue with permission

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with permission: I prefer Opera browser to Edge but when I try to open this browser, it requires permission from an adult member of a family. It is strange because I didn’t create Microsoft family account. How can I change this permission feature?...
  8. Permissions issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Permissions issue: hey after an update to my graphics driver windows will no longer let me open my CDK program, although all of my permissions are there and functioning it says my admin disabled permissions to the program can you help me with this...
  9. Permissions issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Permissions issue: I have performed a clean install of Win10 on my C drive and it is running fine. My problem is when I go to install a program from a separate data store disk drive (stored on the drive over the past 5 years when I was running win7) or otherwise open a file from Win10 I...
  10. Permission Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Permission Issues: Windows 10 seems to have developed an issue for me that is causing UAC-like prompts suggesting that I need Administrator permission. I should probably mention that I am actually using the real Administrator account (this was an upgrade installation from Windows 7). I had to...