Windows 10: Permission Denied For Some Windows Tools When Launching From Start Menu

Discus and support Permission Denied For Some Windows Tools When Launching From Start Menu in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I just did a factory reset on my PC and installed Windows 10 Home fresh from an installation USB. I just finished setting up all of my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Lucas_Gi, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Lucas_Gi Win User

Permission Denied For Some Windows Tools When Launching From Start Menu

Hello, I just did a factory reset on my PC and installed Windows 10 Home fresh from an installation USB. I just finished setting up all of my applications when I noticed that I cannot access some Windows tools like Disk Manager, Environmental Variables, Device Manager, etc. from the start menu. I seem to be able to access them in other ways. Please try giving me a solution where I do NOT have to do a reset. This is the fourth time doing this reset this year with one stupid issue to the next. I don't care if the solution requires me doing something extremely complicated, it takes me four hours to reinstall all of the 3D software that I use along with everything else.

Disk Manager:

Permission Denied For Some Windows Tools When Launching From Start Menu 7524cc4d-cde5-4991-846c-c7b2b234bbdd?upload=true.png

Environmental Variables:

Permission Denied For Some Windows Tools When Launching From Start Menu 1ed81342-f240-41b4-9341-d20bb826dee8?upload=true.png

Device Manager:

Permission Denied For Some Windows Tools When Launching From Start Menu 00ccad02-b702-40fe-b014-dbf2887cf789?upload=true.png

:)

Lucas_Gi, Feb 15, 2020

2. Permission denied

Hi,

The permission denied error normally appears if you are not using the admin account to run a specific program. To help us identify the appropriate solution to your concern, we'd like to ask for additional information. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you running the program as administrator when the error appeared?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Can you please show us a screenshot of the error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Rey Bel1 Win User
    Permission denied as admin

Hi,

It's possible that you haven't taken ownership of the folder that you're trying to delete. So we can better assist with you with successfully taking ownership of the folders you want to delete, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• Which Windows version are you using? Type winver on the search bar and press Enter to find out.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your device prior to the issue?
    • What have you done so far to resolve the issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps provided by Anup Karkal in this
    thread.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rey Bel1, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Geethu B Win User

Unable to access a folder, it denies permission

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with permission.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.1. Is the issue specific with a particular folder?

2. What is the complete error message?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Permission issue.

• Corrupt User Account.

• Damaged files.

I suggest you to try the steps under the section Issue 1:
    I get an "Access Denied" error message when accessing or working with files and folders
    in the following article and check if it helps.

"Access Denied" or other errors when accessing or working with files and folders in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2623670

Note:

1. Applies to Windows 10.

2. You may need to be logged on as an administrator to change file and folder permissions.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Permission Denied For Some Windows Tools When Launching From Start Menu - Similar Threads - Permission Denied Tools

2. Start Menu Windows Tools

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu Windows Tools: I am running Windows 11 Pro latest release with all updates installed. Windows Tools now incorporates all the items from Control Panel and the former start Manu folders Windows Accessories, Windows PowerShell, Windows System, and Windows Tools. My Start Menu still includes...
  3. Start Menu Windows Tools

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu Windows Tools: I am running Windows 11 Pro latest release with all updates installed. Windows Tools now incorporates all the items from Control Panel and the former start Manu folders Windows Accessories, Windows PowerShell, Windows System, and Windows Tools. My Start Menu still includes...
  4. Start menu will not launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu will not launch: Hi,I need help. My start menu will not launch. I click on it and a wheel spins for a second then nothing, it fails to launch. I have also noticed that I can't open up a photo either. When I go to photos and double click on one to launch it it does not open. I need to launch...
  5. Start menu will not launch

Start menu will not launch: Hi,I need help. My start menu will not launch. I click on it and a wheel spins for a second then nothing, it fails to launch. I have also noticed that I can't open up a photo either. When I go to photos and double click on one to launch it it does not open. I need to launch...
  6. Start menu will not launch

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. start menu launching when I log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start menu launching when I log in: Recently the start menu launches whenever I log in. I'm happy to use it when I want to by clicking the start button, but launching on its own I dont want.Is there a setting to change this?...
  8. start menu launching when I log in

start menu launching when I log in: Recently the start menu launches whenever I log in. I'm happy to use it when I want to by clicking the start button, but launching on its own I dont want.Is there a setting to change this?...
  9. Permission denied

Permission denied: I am not able to use anything on my pc except the browser everytime I click on something it says permission denied and you don't specific path and u don't have app associated with it I am not able to use click on window search window button my computer only thing. Is working...
  10. Unable to Launch Apps from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Launch Apps from Start Menu: I just upgraded from 10049 to 10061 using Windows Update and found that I cannot launch apps I have pinned to the Start Menu. 'This PC' was the first I tried and then several folders and applications I use often do no open when I try to open them from the Start Menu. I get a...