Windows 10: Permission denied on external drive (SD card)

Discus and support Permission denied on external drive (SD card) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; States permission denied and that to fix go to properties and look for the security tab. There is no security tab in the properties! I have no clue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DouglasVaughan, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Permission denied on external drive (SD card)

States permission denied and that to fix go to properties and look for the security tab. There is no security tab in the properties!

I have no clue what to do next! This card worked before!

:)

DouglasVaughan, Aug 4, 2019

2. External drive doesn’t show sd card

I have a problem with sd card because I can see it in the File Explorer but cannot see it in the external drive drop down list. I use Nuvision tablet, sd card is a 16 GB one

CurbyCamlin, Aug 4, 2019
  3. any external disk including SD card is not opening on my system, error says permission denied... make changes from security tab

External disk such as pen drivers, SD card etc won't open. 'F:/' error message pops up saying permission denied to access, make changes from security tab to gain access.

kindly help with this issue.

thanks

Shashankpathak2, Aug 4, 2019
  4. Permission denied on external drive (SD card)

Permissions error on external hard drive

Hi Stacie,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the complete error message that you get when you try to access QuickBooks from your external drive?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made to this computer prior to the issue?
    3. What is the version of your Windows 10 computer? (To check the version of your Windows 10, you can refer
      See which version of Windows 10 you have).
    4. Are you facing the permissions issue only with QuickBooks or with any other file as well?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to copy and paste the QuickBooks file from your external drive to the desktop and check if you are able to access the file.

If you are getting Access Denied when trying to access QuickBooks, then please follow the steps mentioned in
    "Access Denied" or other errors when you access or work
    with files and folders in Windows
    (this article applies for Windows 10 as well) and check if you are able to access the files from your external drive.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Shafeeq_Khan, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

Permission denied on external drive (SD card)

1. Permission denied on external drive (SD card) - Similar Threads - Permission denied external

2. Data on external drives SD cards, Pen drives can't be read

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data on external drives SD cards, Pen drives can't be read: System:AMD Ryzen 3 2200U 12 GB RAMWindows 10 21H2I don't know what happened, but since the last few days, whenever I connect my SD card, USB drive to my laptop, it says that device needs to be formatted before using. This problem wasn't there earlier for both the SD card and...
  3. External Drive USB SD Card Reader Not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Drive USB SD Card Reader Not working: I was merging files together on my SD card, and suddenly the drive stopped letting me interact with it in my file explorer. The drive now shows at having 0 bytes of space, and in the disk management application it says "no media." I have restarted my computer, and I still...
  4. External Drive USB SD Card Reader Not working

External Drive USB SD Card Reader Not working: I was merging files together on my SD card, and suddenly the drive stopped letting me interact with it in my file explorer. The drive now shows at having 0 bytes of space, and in the disk management application it says "no media." I have restarted my computer, and I still...
  5. Access denied to SD card, please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Access denied to SD card, please help: l start the command prompt with adimn rights and run this code icacls "F:\" /q /c /t /grant Users:F Unfortunately this does not work. I did it with and without parentheses as well as with a dot after the backslash in case it was misunderstood as an escape character I get...
  6. access to external drives e.g usb drive and sd card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    access to external drives e.g usb drive and sd card: Hello, Since I have installed Windows ten, I am unable to access files from my usb drives or sd cards. Does anyone have a solution? thanks....
  7. setting up external drive for SD card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    setting up external drive for SD card: My computer won't read from a external built in drive for the SD card. It says the directory name is invalid. Tried a different SD card got the same response. The drive E:\ is registered in disk drives under device manager and tried downloading the latest drivers but still...
  8. Import Photos from SD card to external drive

Import Photos from SD card to external drive: I would like to know how to import photos from a memory card to an external hard drive for storage. I'm using the Photos App and wish to work with that App to edit, organize, etc. I don't see a choice for the external hard drive when I select Import. If the photos are on...
  9. External drive doesn’t show sd card

External drive doesn’t show sd card: I have a problem with sd card because I can see it in the File Explorer but cannot see it in the external drive drop down list. I use Nuvision tablet, sd card is a 16 GB one...
  10. Can't open external hard drive, SD-card

Can't open external hard drive, SD-card: Hi I try to connect external harddrive or sd-card, but I get an error message: If I try to press "fortsett"(continue) it tells me that I have no Access. I do not find the place to change Access rigts....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. external drive permission denied win 10 error