Windows 10: Permission Entry WindowsApps - Corrupt

Discus and support Permission Entry WindowsApps - Corrupt in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi Added myself as admin an admin user to have full control of thisfolder in order to be able to view contents for a reason that is is irrelevant to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by kevvyb, Aug 15, 2020.

1. kevvyb Win User

Permission Entry WindowsApps - Corrupt

Hi

Added myself as admin an admin user to have full control of thisfolder in order to be able to view contents for a reason that is is irrelevant to the current problem.

Stupidly I did not screenshot the list of permissions before making the change which did not see to properly stick with error messages as in screenshots1 and 2.

Leaving me with an error message on the users entry of corrutoion and to delete and recreate. I ran sfc which reported that it had found some corrupt files and successfully repaired them. But I am left as in screenshots 3 and 4 and canot see how I delete that entry and do not even know if I should replace it were I to be able to delete it.

If anyone can shed any light, particularly on what the defaut settings would be (shoudl that user entry be there - I think I added it!). And if not how I go abotu deleting it. Presumably once deleted then I coudl recreate it?

Is this an issue of being signed in as that user, preventing the deletion of that user entry?

Permission Entry WindowsApps - Corrupt [​IMG]

:)

kevvyb, Aug 15, 2020
  2. kevvyb Win User

Hi

Added myself as admin an admin user to have full control of thisfolder in order to be able to view contents for a reason that is is irrelevant to the current problem.

Stupidly I did not screenshot the list of permissions before making the change which did not see to properly stick with error messages as in screenshots1 and 2.

Leaving me with an error message on the users entry of corrutoion and to delete and recreate. I ran sfc which reported that it had found some corrupt files and successfully repaired them. But I am left as in screenshots 3 and 4 and canot see how I delete that entry and do not even know if I should replace it were I to be able to delete it.

If anyone can shed any light, particularly on what the defaut settings would be (shoudl that user entry be there - I think I added it!). And if not how I go abotu deleting it. Presumably once deleted then I coudl recreate it?

Is this an issue of being signed in as that user, preventing the deletion of that user entry?

kevvyb, Aug 15, 2020
  3. Callender Win User

What I have:

Like you said, don't change permissions unless you can fully revert them after a temporary change.

It's better to use a file manager that can bypass rights checking instead of messing with permissions.

Taking ownership of windowsapps folder - failed to process?

Callender, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Callender Win User

Callender, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Permission Entry WindowsApps - Corrupt - Similar Threads - Permission Entry WindowsApps

2. Permission for WindowsApps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permission for WindowsApps: I recently noticed that Windows is unable to access the content inside WindowsApps. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permission-for-windowsapps/dd6685e6-0959-412a-a6cb-33c5316ef562
  3. Permission for WindowsApps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permission for WindowsApps: I recently noticed that Windows is unable to access the content inside WindowsApps. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permission-for-windowsapps/dd6685e6-0959-412a-a6cb-33c5316ef562
  4. Windowsapps permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windowsapps permission: I recently was messing about with the windowsapps folder. After messing with it a lot of my games, apps, etc won't load they crash immediately. I tried reverting the changes I made which didn't do anything, ran the system scan, updated windows, and thru the media installer...
  5. Windowsapps permission

Windowsapps permission: I recently was messing about with the windowsapps folder. After messing with it a lot of my games, apps, etc won't load they crash immediately. I tried reverting the changes I made which didn't do anything, ran the system scan, updated windows, and thru the media installer...
  6. Windowsapps permission

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Cannot access WindowsApps due to 'access control entry' being 'corrupt'

Cannot access WindowsApps due to 'access control entry' being 'corrupt': Hi there.I am trying to add a game I purchased off the Microsoft Store to Steam, following all the necessary steps to be able to access WindowsApps but it will not allow me because my access control entry is corrupt. I don't know how to fix it.Please help me. I am...
  8. Windowsapps permission

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windowsapps permission: I am trying to change the name of a folder in the windows apps folder. I am the owner of the folder but I cant rename it. It's says I need access from myself. What do I do? submitted by /u/TitusHM1 [link] [comments]...
  9. Permission Entry WindowsApps - Corrupt

in Windows 10 Support
    Permission Entry WindowsApps - Corrupt: Hi Added myself as admin an admin user to have full control of thisfolder in order to be able to view contents for a reason that is is irrelevant to the current problem. Stupidly I did not screenshot the list of permissions before making the change which did not see to...
  10. "This access control entry is corrupt" for the WindowsApps folder and nothing else

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "This access control entry is corrupt" for the WindowsApps folder and nothing else: I receive the error message in the image below when I try to list the content of the WindowsApps folder. I know how to change the owner of the folder and correct the problem, but I don't want to start mucking around without knowing what I'm doing. Is this "problem" there...