Windows 10: Permission for apps & services

Discus and support Permission for apps & services in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was reading over some material on my computers settings. In one section it mentioned: Giving Permission to apps & services. Can somebody please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BARRY G.VARGUS Sr., Dec 29, 2018.

1. Permission for apps & services

I was reading over some material on my computers settings. In one section it mentioned: Giving Permission to apps & services. Can somebody please explain to me what that sentence means? - "Giving Permission to apps & services"

Thanks, George

;

:)

BARRY G.VARGUS Sr., Dec 29, 2018
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

App Permissions

Hi Tony,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Some apps require certain permissions to work properly. However, you can change the permissions given to the apps by following the below steps:

1. Click on Start.
    2. Click on Settings and then click on Privacy.
    3. Under the App Permissions you can change the permissions which are assigned for the apps.

However, you can go through the
    Microsoft Privacy Statement

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 29, 2018
  3. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Dec 29, 2018
  4. Permission for apps & services

My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

Permission for apps & services

1. Permission for apps & services - Similar Threads - Permission apps services

2. the meaning of this app permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the meaning of this app permission: A lot of apps in the Microsoft Store have this permission. What exactly does it mean? Is it that the app is processing things on their server and not locally on your computer and they therefore need some interaction with your internet connection? In the official app...
  3. the meaning of this app permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the meaning of this app permission: A lot of apps in the Microsoft Store have this permission. What exactly does it mean? Is it that the app is processing things on their server and not locally on your computer and they therefore need some interaction with your internet connection? In the official app...
  4. Apps and Permission

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Apps and Permission: Why are some Apps asking for permission of access to ALL of this??? So NOT COOL! Access all your files, peripheral devices, apps, programs, and registry: The app has the ability to read or write to all your files including documents, pictures, and music and registry...
  5. Permissions on Apps and Folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Permissions on Apps and Folders: Hi i recently got my xbox game pass , and i must say im really enjoying it , until I decided to try a new game in this case Dirt Rally 2 and to realize I cant Open it , this is all i get, i cant do much , can't change permissions nor give new ones , don't know if its relevant...
  6. App Permissions

App Permissions: <p>I have a small YouTube channel and record videos via screen recording software. On my Dell XPS 12 laptop (With Windows 10 Pro) I recently installed a software called ScreenRec that records screen videos as well as system audio and audio from the built-in microphone.&nbsp;...
  7. apps permission error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    apps permission error: My microphone,location,and camera apps permission is missing.Does anyone know how to solve this problem thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-permission-error/fffa0a1f-217b-4379-b373-05e244457f3c
  8. Network App Permissions

Network App Permissions: Hey! I just got a new dell with a windows 10 os :) I have downloaded Picsart from Microsoft Store and I am trying to use it but when I try to create a new figure which requires internet connection I get an error saying that there are no mobile access or WiFi permissions...
  9. App Permissions

App Permissions: Why is it that when I like the look of an app and read the permissions granted to it I get the information below. It seems to allow every app access to everything even if it in not necessary for the correct function of the app. Surely the permissions should only relate to the...
  10. App permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    App permissions: Can I give a specific app permission to make changes to my computer without asking my permission every time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/app-permissions/dbce68ba-bbb8-4487-baeb-cc89b3e48527"