Windows 10: Permission issue, shared drive Windows 10.

Discus and support Permission issue, shared drive Windows 10. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I recently purchased a new Dell laptop with W 10 and my PC is running W 7. I have several HD on my PC that I would like to share with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Clay WielandPhotography, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Permission issue, shared drive Windows 10.

Hello,

I recently purchased a new Dell laptop with W 10 and my PC is running W 7. I have several HD on my PC that I would like to share with my laptop W 10. I seen to be having a problem with that, because when on the laptop in my network I see the HD I want to access and when I click on it a message comes up and says I do not have permission to view?

Please advise, I know I am missing something but can't see it?

Thanks,

Clay

***Personal information deleted by the moderator. Please see the Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questionsfor more information on how you can protect your privacy.***

***Modified Title from: sharing files via hard drives from my PC windows 7 - my laptop windows 10***

:)

Clay WielandPhotography, Mar 17, 2019
  2. Solaris17 Win User

Windows 10 permissions...

How is the NAS on windows 10 Pro? Is it software or a share? Did you check ntfs vs share permissions?

Solaris17, Mar 17, 2019
  3. cdawall Win User
    Windows 10 permissions...

Ok so I feel officially dumb I am trying to copy my steam library to my NAS. Both are on windows 10 pro and both have full control in the file manager. Neither windows nor fast copy will allow me to copy, both list a permissions error? This was never an issue with windows 7...so first off thank you microsoft god forbid I want to back up my data, second off what the heck do I need to do to make this work. All I could fine online was to set full control and that obviously didn't help.

Also robocopy doesn't apparently work with network locations?

cdawall, Mar 17, 2019
  4. Permission issue, shared drive Windows 10.

little cat, Mar 17, 2019
Thema:

Permission issue, shared drive Windows 10.

1. Permission issue, shared drive Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Permission issue shared

2. Network Drive Permissions Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Drive Permissions Issues: Here we go...I had a computer that I had gotten used, wiped and reimaged with fresh windows 10. I set up the computer to work as a network drive, shared it with everyone. All the computer connected to it work with no issues.Fast forward, drive failed after attempting to clone...
  3. Network Drive Permissions Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Drive Permissions Issues: Here we go...I had a computer that I had gotten used, wiped and reimaged with fresh windows 10. I set up the computer to work as a network drive, shared it with everyone. All the computer connected to it work with no issues.Fast forward, drive failed after attempting to clone...
  4. Network Drive Permissions Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. sharing and permissions

sharing and permissions: I need help so bad, been to other forums no one answers I bought new Dell PC and I cannot view my own files and folders on my external hard drive, it just tells me I don't have permissions, I have tried to grant access it just won't let me. ugg, Anyone????????? Oh I am new...
  6. Permissions and Sharing

Permissions and Sharing: I just bought a new PC with windows 10 home pre-installed, I have an external hard drive with music and movies and when I try and view or hear one I get, "You don't have permission to view this, I have tried all the online advice and still I cannot even see my own stuff, any...
  7. Sharing permission

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sharing permission: Hi all So for Onedrive, the company I work for have made the decision to turn off the share to all share settings. We have an HR admin who wants to share resources with perspective clients via a link in an email that takes them to a folder/files about the company. I thought...
  8. Windows 10 permissions issue on shared folders

Windows 10 permissions issue on shared folders: I have a number of computers on a small network. One of these is a file server (running Windows 10). In Windows 7 and early versions of 10, I simply set up a home group and then could map network drives; once this happened I was able to store all my data on the server and...
  9. do not have permission to share drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    do not have permission to share drive: I have a new Dell laptop running Windows 10 and old desktop running Windows 7. I’d like to share HDs that I have on my desktop with Windows 10 laptop. But I am unable to do it because when I see the HD on the laptop in my network and click on it, a message shows up saying...
  10. Major Sharing and Permissions Issue

Major Sharing and Permissions Issue: I've have been quite happy with Windows 10 to date on all 6 machines at home .. until today, when my monthly backups kicked in, and died at every corner. Prior to Windows 10, I had everything smooth as silk. I was able to see all six machines on my network from every other...