Windows 10: Permission issues when trying to install drivers on certain computer

Discus and support Permission issues when trying to install drivers on certain computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have inherited a network at my new job and have run in to some weird issues as I try and get it all figured out. One issue I am fighting right now is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GBrillhart, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Permission issues when trying to install drivers on certain computer

I have inherited a network at my new job and have run in to some weird issues as I try and get it all figured out. One issue I am fighting right now is when I try and install drivers/plug-in for a signature pad on one computer. I keep getting a Feature transfer error with the actual error being access denied. It doesn't matter if I use my admin login on the computer or even the main admin login to try and install I always get the same error. I can go on any other computer in the domain and run the program and install with no issues. The computer I am trying to install the program on is a mirro

:)

GBrillhart, Jul 19, 2021

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Jul 19, 2021
  3. Win 10 permissions..... issue while running certain installed apps

I am running a n HP laptop that was upgraded from Win 8. to 10. I am having excessive difficulty in running certain installed apps, because it claims to I lack the permissions necessary. There is no other user of my computer. I have altered certain permissions
    by giong into the properties section. When I make my choice of primaries or users I am not sure whether I need to allow my admin handle, or my user/owner profile. How can I do this without this long drawn out process, so that all the correct permissions are
    set at once. Could you please give me a step by step answer so that I can configure this easily.

Thank you.....

Mr. S. C.Kiessig, Jul 19, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

Permission issues when trying to install drivers on certain computer

Permission issue

Presumably because TrustedInstaller is the owner (hence you need its permission), suggesting that img3.jpg was installed by Windows at some time.

Presumably that also means it can be uninstalled. How did you get it in the first place? Where is it located?

If you really want to delete it yourself, then taking ownership would seem a logical first step.

Thema:

Permission issues when trying to install drivers on certain computer

1. Permission issues when trying to install drivers on certain computer - Similar Threads - Permission issues trying

2. When trying to install certain programs....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When trying to install certain programs....: After downloading programs from the Microsoft store, I get an error message when trying to install said program "such n such has stopped working, Windows is checking for a solution the problem after checking/searching A problem causes the program to stop working correctly....
  3. When trying to install certain programs....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When trying to install certain programs....: After downloading programs from the Microsoft store, I get an error message when trying to install said program "such n such has stopped working, Windows is checking for a solution the problem after checking/searching A problem causes the program to stop working correctly....
  4. Windows Installer issue, when trying to install MySql

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Installer issue, when trying to install MySql: I am trying to install MySql on windows 11, but I am running into the following error when running the .msi file:Error:"There was a problem starting C:\Windows\Installer\MSI246C.tmpC:\Windows\Installer\MSI246C.tmp is not a valid win32 application."I am also having issues...
  5. Windows Installer issue, when trying to install MySql

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Installer issue, when trying to install MySql: I am trying to install MySql on windows 11, but I am running into the following error when running the .msi file:Error:"There was a problem starting C:\Windows\Installer\MSI246C.tmpC:\Windows\Installer\MSI246C.tmp is not a valid win32 application."I am also having issues...
  6. Permissions Issue when Saving Files Permissions are fine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Permissions Issue when Saving Files Permissions are fine: Good MorningI have a PC specific issue which is doing my head in! Was wondering if anyone is able to help.The symptoms:Saving any file to the local PC is fineSaving any file to a network share on multiple file servers brings up an error message: \\path to network shareYou...
  7. Error when trying to install printer driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error when trying to install printer driver: Hi, really need some help please. Bought a printer Canon Pixma MG2160 and tried to connect to my laptop. Plugged in the USB cable and downloaded the latest driver from the official Canon website. The MP and XPS drivers have both downloaded, but when i try to follow the...
  8. Trying to get permission to load a printer driver

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trying to get permission to load a printer driver: I am attempting to download a printer driver and I continue to get message I need to get permission to install however my option is only no. How do I change to get permission on windows 10?...
  9. Permissions issue when trying to change file properties

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Permissions issue when trying to change file properties: Hi all - Problem Description: I have a number of media files from ripping/converting my DVDs to a drive that I use for streaming. Some of the older files I have have data in them in properties (Right click file, left click Properties, Details Tab) that for whatever...
  10. Computer rebooting when installing drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer rebooting when installing drivers: So, first up, was getting crashes with my windows 10 after installing nvidia driver 359.00, mostly crashes that recovered automatically, then started getting Blue Screens. Tried 359.06 and had the same problems. Rolled back to 358.91 which originally had been stable but after...