Windows 10: Permission needed to view photos

Discus and support Permission needed to view photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Anytime I try to open a photo from files, it says "Class not registered", and anytime I try to view a photo in the Photos app, it says I don't have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by David Sweet123, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Permission needed to view photos

Anytime I try to open a photo from files, it says "Class not registered", and anytime I try to view a photo in the Photos app, it says I don't have permission to view it even though it is my photo. I've tried giving the file Full Permissions, I've tried doing a clean boot, I've tried repairing the app, and even resetting, I've tried a lot of options but none seem to fix it, is there something else I could do? Thanks

:)

David Sweet123, Sep 19, 2021

2. Unable to view transferred files on the computer due to file permission issue on Windows 10.

Hi Andrea,

Please reply to a few questions asked below to understand the issue better:

• Which photo viewing application are you using on the computer?
    • Did you check if you are able to view the pictures using other photo viewing application?

If haven’t tried, check if you are able to view the pictures using other photo viewing applications on the computer. If you are facing similar issue and able to access the old computer, check if you are able to view the picture files on connecting
    the external device.

If you are able to access pictures in the old computer, give Full Control permissions to the folder by following the steps suggested in the above post, copy the same to an external drive and transfer onto the new computer and check
    if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of not able to view photo files on the computer
    for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 19, 2021
  3. Permission needed to view photos

I have upgraded to Windows 10. I downloaded photos that now I want to view them using Windows Photos. I can view most of them, but some others I can not. The message I get says: "It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions
    and try again". I'm here for two hours trying everthing but I can not get anywhere. Any ideas?

George MarinakisUZ., Sep 19, 2021
  4. Permission needed to view photos

Windows 10 File Permission Issue

There is a possibility that the files that you are trying to open are corrupted. Just to follow up, please answer the following questions:

• Which application are you using to open the photos?
    • What is the file type of the photos that you're trying to open?

We suggest that you check the permissions of the folder where the photos that you're trying to view are located at. To do so, follow the steps below:

1. Right-click on the folder and select Properties. A pop-up box will appear.

2. Go to the Security tab.

3. Under the Security tab, check if all the options under
    Permissions for SYSTEM are allowed/checked.

Feel free to ask back any questions and let us know how it goes.

Lizette Ags, Sep 19, 2021
Thema:

Permission needed to view photos

1. Permission needed to view photos - Similar Threads - Permission needed view

2. Don't have permission to view photos and videos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Don't have permission to view photos and videos: Sir my photos are locked . My window is crashing so I reinstall it but I don't have access to my photos. I locked my photos with bitlocker and pad lock .but after reinstalling windows it says you don't have permission to view file. even I cannot cut or copy encrypted data .I...
  3. Don't have permission to view photos and videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Don't have permission to view photos and videos: Sir my photos are locked . My window is crashing so I reinstall it but I don't have access to my photos. I locked my photos with bitlocker and pad lock .but after reinstalling windows it says you don't have permission to view file. even I cannot cut or copy encrypted data .I...
  4. Don't have permission to view photos and videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. need to have permission to delete photos & videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need to have permission to delete photos & videos: I have transferred photos from my android phone onto pcI got what looks like hundreds of unwanted pictures, signs and whatnot that I cannot deletebecause I seem to need permission to delete.Also how do I stop this from re-occuring?Please help....
  6. need to have permission to delete photos & videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need to have permission to delete photos & videos: I have transferred photos from my android phone onto pcI got what looks like hundreds of unwanted pictures, signs and whatnot that I cannot deletebecause I seem to need permission to delete.Also how do I stop this from re-occuring?Please help....
  7. micro SD card needs permission to view contents

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    micro SD card needs permission to view contents: my sd card says i need authorized permission to access the contents on it . [Window Title] Location is not available [Content] F:\ is not accessible. Access is denied. [OK]...
  8. No Permission to View Files

No Permission to View Files: I have transferred files from my old windows 10 desktop to a flash drive for storage. jpg, word, excel, png, etc. I have gotten rid of that old desktop and am trying to open the files on my new windows 10 laptop. When I double click to open the file, it will give me an empty...
  9. How to get Permission to view pictures in Photo app

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get Permission to view pictures in Photo app: HELP, I am at my wits end, have had a problem with my Lenova , reset, now unable to see SOME pictures in my Photo file, they are greyed out with a message, saying I dont have permission to view these pictures. Help please...
  10. Photo Viewing

Photo Viewing: I have many photos on my Win 10 64 bit Build 1903 laptop. For Photos Twinui is recommended for Windows 10 but this is very unfriendly . I am used to being able (in Explorer to click on a Jpg file and view it. Twinui comes up with an error message so I have to go...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. photo ask for permission to open in user file Windows 10