Windows 10: Permission/Ownership Issues WindowsApps Folders...

Discus and support Permission/Ownership Issues WindowsApps Folders... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; running out of ideas, just can't seem to gain full control of folders or files in the windowsapps folder, i can delete files and folders but i can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aeneas1, Feb 3, 2017.

1. aeneas1 Win User

Permission/Ownership Issues WindowsApps Folders...

running out of ideas, just can't seem to gain full control of folders or files in the windowsapps folder, i can delete files and folders but i can't rename files or folders or edit file content...

for example when i try to edit a file name i get:

"you require permission from batman/batman to make changes to this file."

if i right click the file and go to properties > security > advanced it shows:

owner: batman (batman\batman)

under permissions it shows:

batman (batman\batman) - full control

what am i doing wrong?

also, fwiw, there is only one user account on the machine, batman, and it's an admin account.

:)

aeneas1, Feb 3, 2017

2. RETRIEVE FILES FROM WINDOWSAPP EXTERNAL DRIVE

Is the folder named windowsapp or windowsapps?

Try
    taking ownership
    of it, copy your files out and get rid of the folder because it shouldn't be on your external hard drive without your permission.

To be on the safe side also scan your system and the drive for malware.

RobertJWin, Feb 3, 2017
  3. WindowsApps folder on other drives/partitions other than C:\

I just discovered that attempting to take ownership of the WindowsApps folder on any drive but C:\ isn't working correctly.

If you process this on C:\Program Files\WindowsApps, it works just fine. But any other drive letter; IE E:\WindowsApps, it will display that you have taken ownership, but you cannot access the folder.

A little bit more digging, after processing ownership, you CAN access it under safe mode and make further edits to the folder permissions, but if you go back into a normal boot, you cannot access the folder.

I understand that these folders have these settings for a reason, but if we are allowed to take ownership, we should then be able to access them.

MaximusX800, Feb 3, 2017
  4. Permission/Ownership Issues WindowsApps Folders...

TairikuOkami, Feb 3, 2017
Thema:

Permission/Ownership Issues WindowsApps Folders...

1. Permission/Ownership Issues WindowsApps Folders... - Similar Threads - Permission Ownership Issues

2. WindowsApps folder permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WindowsApps folder permission: After following the instructions from = WindowsApps folder permission - Microsoft Community , I keep getting this error I'm using Windows11 by the way...I'm actually trying to copy a game downloaded from Microsoft Store to my external hard drive as I want to perform a clean...
  3. WindowsApps folder permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WindowsApps folder permission: After following the instructions from = WindowsApps folder permission - Microsoft Community , I keep getting this error I'm using Windows11 by the way...I'm actually trying to copy a game downloaded from Microsoft Store to my external hard drive as I want to perform a clean...
  4. windowsapps folder permissions denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windowsapps folder permissions denied: I tried the method with security and change Owner but it doesnt work at all. I keeps saying "You have been denied permission to access this folder" I only want to change a game's path without downloading over 100 gb again...
  5. windowsapps folder permissions denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windowsapps folder permissions denied: I tried the method with security and change Owner but it doesnt work at all. I keeps saying "You have been denied permission to access this folder" I only want to change a game's path without downloading over 100 gb again...
  6. windowsapps folder permissions denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. WindowsApps Folder Permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WindowsApps Folder Permissions: After more work than I'm willing to admit, I managed to acquire almost full access to the WindowsApps folder. My issue now is that while I can overwrite and copy files except for executables, for some reason from the folders within such as...
  8. WindowsApps folder permission

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WindowsApps folder permission: I have a WindowsApps folder taking up a LOT of space on my E:\ external hard drive, I'm fairly certain that the data is not being used by either my laptop or desktop windows OS's as this drive is only used for storing media. Currently I cannot access or delete or otherwise...
  9. Taking ownership of windowsapps folder - failed to process?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taking ownership of windowsapps folder - failed to process?: So ive taken ownership without much of an issue on two of my pc's. my 3rd is fighting me tooth n nail. When i go to take ownership, it fails to process some stuff. I know when this happened on one of the other pc's, instead of the context menu item to take ownership, I had...
  10. WindowsApps folder ownership, in another drive

in Windows 10 Support
    WindowsApps folder ownership, in another drive: Hello, did someone found a way to take complete ownership (includig copy and paste files) of a "windowsApps" folder WHICH IS NOT in drive C? Thanks. 103008

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windowsapps ownership

2. windowsapps permission issue