Windows 10: Permission/Ownership Issues WindowsApps Folders...

Discus and support Permission/Ownership Issues WindowsApps Folders... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; running out of ideas, just can't seem to gain full control of folders or files in the windowsapps folder, i can delete files and folders but i can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aeneas1, Feb 3, 2017.

1. aeneas1 Win User

Permission/Ownership Issues WindowsApps Folders...

running out of ideas, just can't seem to gain full control of folders or files in the windowsapps folder, i can delete files and folders but i can't rename files or folders or edit file content...

for example when i try to edit a file name i get:

"you require permission from batman/batman to make changes to this file."

if i right click the file and go to properties > security > advanced it shows:

owner: batman (batman\batman)

under permissions it shows:

batman (batman\batman) - full control

what am i doing wrong?

also, fwiw, there is only one user account on the machine, batman, and it's an admin account.

:)

aeneas1, Feb 3, 2017

2. RETRIEVE FILES FROM WINDOWSAPP EXTERNAL DRIVE

Is the folder named windowsapp or windowsapps?

Try
    taking ownership
    of it, copy your files out and get rid of the folder because it shouldn't be on your external hard drive without your permission.

To be on the safe side also scan your system and the drive for malware.

RobertJWin, Feb 3, 2017
  3. WindowsApps folder on other drives/partitions other than C:\

I just discovered that attempting to take ownership of the WindowsApps folder on any drive but C:\ isn't working correctly.

If you process this on C:\Program Files\WindowsApps, it works just fine. But any other drive letter; IE E:\WindowsApps, it will display that you have taken ownership, but you cannot access the folder.

A little bit more digging, after processing ownership, you CAN access it under safe mode and make further edits to the folder permissions, but if you go back into a normal boot, you cannot access the folder.

I understand that these folders have these settings for a reason, but if we are allowed to take ownership, we should then be able to access them.

MaximusX800, Feb 3, 2017
  4. Permission/Ownership Issues WindowsApps Folders...

TairikuOkami, Feb 3, 2017
Thema:

Permission/Ownership Issues WindowsApps Folders...

1. Permission/Ownership Issues WindowsApps Folders... - Similar Threads - Permission Ownership Issues

2. Permission to open app in WindowsApp Folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Permission to open app in WindowsApp Folder: I already have changed the ownership of the folder to my user, I can enter and see everything but when I try to open a game.exe it says I don't have the permissions. How do I fix this? I'm trying to hook the .exe to the steam game list so I can stream it to my nvidia shield...
  3. WindowsApps Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WindowsApps Issue: Having an issue where apps keep downloading and not uninstalling previous versions. Disney Magic Kingdoms, Facebook, and many more don't show in Apps & features. I can remove these manually in the file system for now, but how do I prevent this from reoccurring in the future?...
  4. I can't get permissions for the WindowsApps folder

I can't get permissions for the WindowsApps folder: I know this question has been asked many times, but, even by following every instruction I could find, I couldn't manage to solve the problem. I already tried to set my (administrator) account as owner in WindowsApps Properties > Security > Advanced, and now I'm able to...
  5. Folder permission issue?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Folder permission issue?: I am having a problem with Adobe Photoshop CC and a plugin (Portrait Pro 15). When I try to launch the plugin from photoshop, I get the following error: Could not complete the Portrait Pro command because failed to run application C:/Program Files/PortraitPro Studio...
  6. WindowsApps folder

WindowsApps folder: I've granted myself access to the ProgramFiles/WindowsApps using these commands: cd /d C:\Program Files takeown /f WindowsApps /r cacls WindowsApps /t /g everyone:F I've got access to the folder, everything were alright, until I noticed that windows store, windows store...
  7. WindowsApps Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WindowsApps Issue: On a regular basis I get an error box that pops up that says: "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SkypeApp....... Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." Any suggestions?...
  8. Tired of Giving Permission Rights In WindowsApp Folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Tired of Giving Permission Rights In WindowsApp Folder: I have installed one app in Windows 10 through Win store, and I want to move one file to that app folder, but every time it is asking me, u need to perform this action - try again or cancel. I have permission to all the groups to move that file, check screenshot below...
  9. WindowsApps reset default permissions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    WindowsApps reset default permissions: Is there anyway to reset the permissions back to Account Unknown() for the WindowsApps folder? I wanted to have a look in it, I changed the ownership to myself and now I just want to reset it back to the default. The default was Account Unknown(sequence of some kind), but you...
  10. WindowsApps folder ownership, in another drive

in Windows 10 Support
    WindowsApps folder ownership, in another drive: Hello, did someone found a way to take complete ownership (includig copy and paste files) of a "windowsApps" folder WHICH IS NOT in drive C? Thanks. 103008

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windowsapps ownership

2. windowsapps permission issue