Windows 10: Permission problem

Discus and support Permission problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I copied my folders and files from the Desktop to another partition in the same hard drive. After I had formatted the C partition and install windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by O.H.AlObaidi, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Permission problem

I copied my folders and files from the Desktop to another partition in the same hard drive. After I had formatted the C partition and install windows 10, I couldn't open or copy my folders and files as well. Their icons changed to lock icons and the system keeps showing me the message below.

Permission problem b5f8e53c-4529-496f-beb8-0363ebf63f15?upload=true.jpg Permission problem fcab381b-1718-4f82-8bcf-5cab9e9d65a4?upload=true.jpg Permission problem 2ba8718a-0bc3-41fb-a9aa-117c4556b80a?upload=true.jpg

:)

O.H.AlObaidi, Mar 18, 2020

2. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Mar 18, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Permission problem

Permission issue

Presumably because TrustedInstaller is the owner (hence you need its permission), suggesting that img3.jpg was installed by Windows at some time.

Presumably that also means it can be uninstalled. How did you get it in the first place? Where is it located?

If you really want to delete it yourself, then taking ownership would seem a logical first step.

Thema:

Permission problem

1. Permission problem - Similar Threads - Permission problem

2. Administrator permissions problem in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator permissions problem in Windows 10?: I believe the 4 problems listed below are tied to the same Administrator permissions problem in Windows 10. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Problem #1, Wired LAN connection: I am having trouble setting up a wired ethernet connection between two PCs: a new Dell...
  3. How can I resolve an Administrator permissions problem in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I resolve an Administrator permissions problem in Windows 10?: I believe the 4 problems listed below are tied to the same Administrator permissions problem in Windows 10. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Problem #1, Wired LAN connection: I am having trouble setting up a wired ethernet connection between two PCs: a new Dell...
  4. How can I resolve an Administrator permissions problem in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I resolve an Administrator permissions problem in Windows 10?: I believe the 4 problems listed below are tied to the same Administrator permissions problem in Windows 10. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Problem #1, Wired LAN connection: I am having trouble setting up a wired ethernet connection between two PCs: a new Dell...
  5. How can I resolve an Administrator permissions problem in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Windows does not have permition to open windows apps/ "windowsapps" permission problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows does not have permition to open windows apps/ "windowsapps" permission problem.: I have been experiencing a lot of trouble using the windows apps after I changed permissions to the windowsapp folder. Apologies for the long writeup but I have already tried a lot of troubleshooting myself and would like to document that for you to see what I tried, here we...
  7. Windows does not have permition to open windows apps/ "windowsapps" permission problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows does not have permition to open windows apps/ "windowsapps" permission problem.: I have been experiencing a lot of trouble using the windows apps after I changed permissions to the windowsapp folder. Apologies for the long writeup but I have already tried a lot of troubleshooting myself and would like to document that for you to see what I tried, here we...
  8. Windows does not have permition to open windows apps/ "windowsapps" permission problem.

9. Windows 11 - access permissions problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - access permissions problems: What happened to Windows 11 with file/folder permissions?From nothing i am getting permissions denied to open my files, can´t move folders from desktop or files for example...I copy an txt file to my NAS, and now i can´t open it...so bizarre and annoying.I check my user, is...
  10. Windows 11 - access permissions problems

Windows 11 - access permissions problems: What happened to Windows 11 with file/folder permissions?From nothing i am getting permissions denied to open my files, can´t move folders from desktop or files for example...I copy an txt file to my NAS, and now i can´t open it...so bizarre and annoying.I check my user, is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 can only access network share with a shortcut issue