Windows 10: Permission to communicate through firewall

Discus and support Permission to communicate through firewall in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do you determine which App is legitimate communicating through the firewall (privately vs publicly). I notice some which concerns me greatly... a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mel.-surface, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Permission to communicate through firewall

How do you determine which App is legitimate communicating through the firewall (privately vs publicly). I notice some which concerns me greatly... a string of capital letters and numbers

:)

Mel.-surface, Oct 10, 2018

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Oct 10, 2018
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan, Oct 10, 2018
  4. Permission to communicate through firewall

No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

Permission to communicate through firewall

1. Permission to communicate through firewall - Similar Threads - Permission communicate through

2. Windows 11 Firewall blocks APO communication

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Firewall blocks APO communication: Hello there!Seems like I'm missing some important change of Windows 11 Firewall.We have an application that consists of 2 parts: windows application APP and audio processing object APO. They communicate between each other through gRPC client-server model on localhost - works...
  3. Windows 11 Firewall blocks APO communication

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Firewall blocks APO communication: Hello there!Seems like I'm missing some important change of Windows 11 Firewall.We have an application that consists of 2 parts: windows application APP and audio processing object APO. They communicate between each other through gRPC client-server model on localhost - works...
  4. Allow apps to communicate through windows defender firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow apps to communicate through windows defender firewall: Hi,Can someone clarify something for me as simply as possible ?Can I disable WLAN Service- WFD application services Platform Coordination Protocol and WLAN Service- WFD Services Keenel Mode Driver Rules from “list of allowed apps to communicate through Windows defender...
  5. Allow apps to communicate through Windows Defender Firewall Greyed out under administrator...

Allow apps to communicate through Windows Defender Firewall Greyed out under administrator...: [ATTACH] Hello how can I disable the remote desktop ports that are open and greyed out? I turned off Remote desktop, I also have it disabled under Group Policy settings however today this is now greyed out and locked as turned on after Windows updates are pushed down. This...
  6. "Allow apps to communicate through Windows Defender Firewall" requires public access on a...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Allow apps to communicate through Windows Defender Firewall" requires public access on a...: Hello, I am currently running Windows 10 Pro Build 1909. I am developing a cross-platform application that communicates with my Windows machine over LAN and only references private IP addresses. However, in order to allow the application to connect to the Windows machine,...
  7. add printer through Firewall

add printer through Firewall: Hello I want to add my brother printer to my windows 10. Every time I print I have to deactivate my firewall Can someone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-printer-through-firewall/2822c00a-2e84-4b3f-91ff-0e1bcd33e26a
  8. apps through firewall

in Windows 10 Customization
    apps through firewall: please tell me is it safe to have all boxes checked , public and private apps that can communicate through firewalls? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-through-firewall/2e837977-a4b0-4db9-9938-01f52f37d5cd
  9. Why do apps need access to communicate through firewalls?

Why do apps need access to communicate through firewalls?: I recently downloaded Unity and it wants me to allow access through the firewall. I trust it and I allowed it through private networks but I don't understand why I need to do this. What does Unity need to have from my computer that my firewall blocks? And not just unity but...
  10. allowing a webpage through firewall

allowing a webpage through firewall: I am trying to access a webpage and do not know how to allow it through either my Chrome firewall or my Bitdefender. Allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. powershell allow app through firewall