Windows 10: Permission to turn Windows Features On and Off

Discus and support Permission to turn Windows Features On and Off in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I need to turn off Isolated User Mode,but when i open OptionalFeatures.exe,it gives this message. Windows cannot access the specified device,path or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ahnafic, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Ahnafic Win User

Permission to turn Windows Features On and Off

I need to turn off Isolated User Mode,but when i open OptionalFeatures.exe,it gives this message.

Windows cannot access the specified device,path or file.You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

Any help?

:)

Ahnafic, Mar 4, 2019

2. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Mar 4, 2019
  3. Win 10 Pro 64x: under Turn Windows features on or off, what are the default features?

Hi,

Thank you for the update on the issue.

When you will open the Windows features window the options in front of which there is a check mark then those options are turned on by default. You may refer to the steps provided below to open Windows feature on.

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type appwiz.cpl
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    • Now check the list and see the option in front of which there is a check mark.

For example Internet explorer, media features, Print to PDF etc.

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Mar 4, 2019
  4. Dann Ave Win User

turn off permissions

Thanks for the information, John. Though for us to have a better view with your concern, kindly answer these additional questions:

• Why would you like to turn the permissions off?
    • Did you encounter permission restrictions for opening a program or folder in your computer?
    • Were there changes made in the computer recently?

Dann Ave, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Permission to turn Windows Features On and Off - Similar Threads - Permission turn Features

2. turn off family permissions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    turn off family permissions: I keep getting pop up for permissions. how do I turn it off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-family-permissions/4f2ab71e-a1c0-4486-8347-29ae1a1b721f
  3. turn off family permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turn off family permissions: I keep getting pop up for permissions. how do I turn it off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-family-permissions/4f2ab71e-a1c0-4486-8347-29ae1a1b721f
  4. turn off family permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Turn Windows Features on or off?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn Windows Features on or off?: When I go to turn on some of the Windows features and click "Ok" they automatically turn themselves back off. And vice versa. Any way to stop this from happening? Am I doing something wrong?...
  6. Turn Windows Features On or Off

Turn Windows Features On or Off: Some time ago, I messed with the option of turning Windows features on or off. I was wondering what the default features are, and maybe which ones I should have on. If it helps, I have a FLEX 4-1470. Thanks....
  7. Turn windows features on or off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn windows features on or off: Every time i try to play this one game one my computer a message pops up. “An app on your PC needs the following Windows feature: Collecting feature detail.” Under it shows “-> Install this feature”(which is gray and not clickable) and “-> Skip this installation”(thats blue...
  8. Turn OFF permissions!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Turn OFF permissions!!!!!!!!!: Is there ANY way to turn OFF this permissions thingy?!?! I am soooooooooooooooo tired of MY machine giving me "Access denied" or "You need permissions from <MYSELF>" errors!!!!!!!!!!!! (And NO--I'm NOT going waste MORE time, monkeying around with user account, etc.!!!!...
  9. turn windows features on or off .... features problems .......

turn windows features on or off .... features problems .......: no option …… here what can I do ???[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-windows-features-on-or-off-features-problems/a096cbff-d166-4258-aca7-276e271d300b
  10. Media Features in "Turn windows features on and off"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Media Features in "Turn windows features on and off": Hello, I will go straight to the point here guys, I need WMP and I have installed Windows 10 Pro N recently (since my university gives free keys) I went to the windows download section in the website and downloaded the Media features Pack! The problem is, after I...