Windows 10: Permission trouble

Discus and support Permission trouble in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey there! I was trying to install application when face 0x80070005 error. I googled for the solution for this problem and tried to fix it. I alredy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Фёдор Муханько, Mar 19, 2024.

1. Permission trouble

Hey there! I was trying to install application when face 0x80070005 error. I googled for the solution for this problem and tried to fix it. I alredy don't remember excatly what I did, but i was trying to set some permissions in regisrty. After that I noticed that my start menu barely resopndsi could open it but everything was unclikable. I had such issue before and it always could be fixed by rebooting. But when I reboot I couldn't open it at all. I also couldn't open explorer, settings or control pannel. I tried a lot of ways to fix it but nothing helped. When I was trying to fix it, I also

:)

Фёдор Муханько, Mar 19, 2024

2. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Mar 19, 2024
  3. Troubled OneUG

Hi,

What changes have you made in properties?

I would suggest you try these steps and check if they help:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    Let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Mar 19, 2024
  4. Permission trouble

Restore Security Permissions

Hello Deepak,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have cancelled the security permissions while setting it to folders and you are trying to restore back. We will help you.

• Which folder are you trying to set the permissions?
    • What are you referring to " files is affected "?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open the file explorer and select the destination folder
      for which you wanted to revert back the permission changes.
    • Right click on the folder. Select the Previous versions
      tab.
    • Select the previous version in the below list and click
      apply
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 19, 2024
Thema:

Permission trouble

1. Permission trouble - Similar Threads - Permission trouble

2. I can't delete files need permission from a user who doesn't exist on the laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't delete files need permission from a user who doesn't exist on the laptop: I can't delete a file in Internet Explorer because it says I need permission from a user who doesn't exist on my computer but exists only in file explorer. I already have full control over the user in File Explorer. Please help me resolve this issue....
  3. Trouble changing permissions of calculator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble changing permissions of calculator: On windows 11, I am trying to rename the calculator application, in C:\Windows\System32\calc.exe, but for some reason I am getting an error saying I do not have the required permissions, even though I am a system admin. Only TrustedInstaller has permissions to change the file...
  4. Trouble changing permissions of calculator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble changing permissions of calculator: On windows 11, I am trying to rename the calculator application, in C:\Windows\System32\calc.exe, but for some reason I am getting an error saying I do not have the required permissions, even though I am a system admin. Only TrustedInstaller has permissions to change the file...
  5. Permission trouble

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permission trouble: Hey there! I was trying to install application when face 0x80070005 error. I googled for the solution for this problem and tried to fix it. I alredy don't remember excatly what I did, but i was trying to set some permissions in regisrty. After that I noticed that my start...
  6. Permission trouble

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permission trouble: Hey there! I was trying to install application when face 0x80070005 error. I googled for the solution for this problem and tried to fix it. I alredy don't remember excatly what I did, but i was trying to set some permissions in regisrty. After that I noticed that my start...
  7. Trouble with having administrator privelages on windows or understanding permissions, and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble with having administrator privelages on windows or understanding permissions, and...: Hello, I am trying to use a vive eye pro, and for some reason. I'ts been messing up. First by asking me to 'run a program' or the permission to run it among things. (Mid execution of a thing that already installed). After I fully completed an installation. And second, when I...
  8. Trouble running programs from search, possibly related to permissions/taking ownership

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trouble running programs from search, possibly related to permissions/taking ownership: Recently, I upgraded my computer motherboard and all, reactivated Windows on my old hard drive, then put in a new SSD and installed Windows fresh on that. When I tried to transfer my files over from my old hard drive, I found that the my user directory Users/Owner/ didn't...
  9. Switching out of S Mode - Trouble with Administrator Permissions

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Switching out of S Mode - Trouble with Administrator Permissions: Hello! So, I have a Stream Windows 10 computer. I am trying to switch out of S Mode. I have followed all of the instructions of going into settings, clicking on update and security, activation, and then the Microsoft Store. I go to the page for Switch out of S Mode, and...
  10. Trouble granting file and program access and permissions in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble granting file and program access and permissions in Windows 10: Two similar issues. 1) We recently bought a new PC. I set up myself as administrator, and set up local user accounts for my family and me. As administrator, I transferred our picture files from the old computer (using an external hard drive). I've followed instructions...