Windows 10: Permission

Discus and support Permission in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Accidently i made a wrong attempt that i removed all permissions from my pc of windows 10. Now i can't edit or add new permissions. And i can't access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Muhammed Ismail A K, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Permission

Accidently i made a wrong attempt that i removed all permissions from my pc of windows 10. Now i can't edit or add new permissions. And i can't access c; drive and other settings too

Can anybody help me to solve my problem

:)

Muhammed Ismail A K, Sep 21, 2020

2. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Sep 21, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Permission issue

Presumably because TrustedInstaller is the owner (hence you need its permission), suggesting that img3.jpg was installed by Windows at some time.

Presumably that also means it can be uninstalled. How did you get it in the first place? Where is it located?

If you really want to delete it yourself, then taking ownership would seem a logical first step.

4. Permission

Restore Security Permissions

Hello Deepak,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have cancelled the security permissions while setting it to folders and you are trying to restore back. We will help you.

• Which folder are you trying to set the permissions?
    • What are you referring to " files is affected "?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open the file explorer and select the destination folder
      for which you wanted to revert back the permission changes.
    • Right click on the folder. Select the Previous versions
      tab.
    • Select the previous version in the below list and click
      apply
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

Permission

1. Permission - Similar Threads - Permission

2. the user account does not have permission to delete this task folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    the user account does not have permission to delete this task folder: When I run the task scheduler it shows a folder for 'MySQL' with a subfolder for 'Installer' which contains a task called 'ManifestUpdate'. This runs at midnight every night. This was created a long time ago, but since the latest update to Windows 10 this entry has been...
  3. Child Website Permissions Not Working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child Website Permissions Not Working: Hello to All I have my daughter using a PC with my monitoring through microsoft family security. To be honest its always been a fragile piece of software, which given its importance is disappointing. However, now its just refusing to work. I've been trying to add some...
  4. SYSTEM permissions

SYSTEM permissions: Short while ago I quite by accident copied a folder from an app into one of my photo apps..It is an empty folder and is doing no harm other than irritating me when I go into this particular photo app. I have attempted to delete it, I have attempted to move it and I constantly...
  5. Still Need Help- Require Permissions on My Own PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Still Need Help- Require Permissions on My Own PC: Posting again because last person was not helpful then ghosted me. I require permissions to delete things off my computer that I have been admin to for 5 years since I bought it. I have gone through each of the folders and changed the owner; once to Admin and once to my...
  6. Microsoft is fixing a Edge bug that installed web apps without permission

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is fixing a Edge bug that installed web apps without permission: As we reported last week, Microsoft has been installing the firm’s Office web apps on Windows 10 PCs without user permission. This behaviour was first noticed by testers in the Windows Insider program, but later the non-Insiders also started reporting that web apps are...
  7. File Permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    File Permissions: I'm trying to write a python script to rename and copy some files from one directory to another. My files are stored in C:\DATA\subfolders When I work on these files with other apps they can be opened and modified. When I try to run my python script which is located in...
  8. Permissions to delete files with Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Permissions to delete files with Task Scheduler: Hi I have setup Windows Backup to utilise a spare internal hard disk, it works well. I have some large files which change quite regularly which are filling the disk quickly. I have setup a Scheduled task that uses Forfiles to delete old copies of these files, everything...
  9. Help- I require permissions on a laptop I am admin to?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help- I require permissions on a laptop I am admin to?: Hi, I'm trying to delete some files but am having no luck. Each time I try to delete I get stonewalled with a pop-up saying I need permission from DESKTOP-URLGI2I\my name and it does not give me an option to type in a password. I tried typing this in to the window url and I...
  10. I cant access files on e drive no Permissions, take ownership etc nothing works

I cant access files on e drive no Permissions, take ownership etc nothing works: Permissions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-files-on-e-drive-no-permissions-take/7b6c9b06-c672-4eea-9559-7b2dc67f59ca