Windows 10: PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied. How to make a folder in the Program Files...

Discus and support PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied. How to make a folder in the Program Files... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, so Im having an issue with some extension for a software I have in my Program files directory Windows is keeping it from accessing some folder... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by OlliverAira, Feb 23, 2021.

1. PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied. How to make a folder in the Program Files...

Hi, so Im having an issue with some extension for a software I have in my Program files directory Windows is keeping it from accessing some folder there. If I however move the software out of the program files dir to my desktop lets say it runs just fine. So how would I make a directory unprotected to prevent this issue from occuring without having to move my program out of the program files directory?

What Ive tried so far is granting the "all programs" and "all restricted programs" groups "all permissions" in these panels

Thanks in advance :

:)

OlliverAira, Feb 23, 2021

2. File Permissions

I'm trying to write a python script to rename and copy some files from one directory to another.

My files are stored in C:\DATA\subfolders

When I work on these files with other apps they can be opened and modified.

When I try to run my python script which is located in one of these subfolders I get: "PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied" when the script tries to open a file.

When i check permissions I own the "C:\DATA" directory and permissions seem ok. Execution-Policy for LocalMachine is Unrestricted, the rest Undefined. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling pyhton 3.8 and also tried installing python 3.8 from microsoft
    store.

What am I not doing right?

Christian-Mårtensson, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Unable to access a folder, it denies permission

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with permission.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.1. Is the issue specific with a particular folder?

2. What is the complete error message?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Permission issue.

• Corrupt User Account.

• Damaged files.

I suggest you to try the steps under the section Issue 1:
    I get an "Access Denied" error message when accessing or working with files and folders
    in the following article and check if it helps.

"Access Denied" or other errors when accessing or working with files and folders in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2623670

Note:

1. Applies to Windows 10.

2. You may need to be logged on as an administrator to change file and folder permissions.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Feb 23, 2021
  4. PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied. How to make a folder in the Program Files...

Folder and File default permissions

Hi Hilton,

When you changed folder permissions, all of its contents will also be affected. If you want to change permission on certain sub-folders, it is recommended to separate it up to one level and change only specific file or folder permissions which are
    applicable to you.

To allow opening or modifying files, follow the steps below:

• Right-click a folder or file, then click Properties.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Click Edit…
    • Tick Allow or Deny, to manage permissions for your folder.
    • Click OK to finish.

PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied. How to make a folder in the Program Files... 7e509f86-c947-4d23-9d23-817128c849f5?upload=true.png

Let us know if this resolve your concerns.

Johann Eva, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied. How to make a folder in the Program Files...

1. PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied. How to make a folder in the Program Files... - Similar Threads - PermissionError Errno Permission

2. Ibis Paint - Permission denied 13

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ibis Paint - Permission denied 13: I am using Windows 11 and I am the administrator. Every time I try to access or create a new drawing file through Ibis Paint downloaded from MS it says this:...
  3. Ibis Paint - Permission denied 13

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ibis Paint - Permission denied 13: I am using Windows 11 and I am the administrator. Every time I try to access or create a new drawing file through Ibis Paint downloaded from MS it says this:...
  4. Cannot open folder, permission denied

Cannot open folder, permission denied: Hey all. I have a very annoying issue I've run into for different folders. When trying to read reports/log dumps in ProgramData, I get "You don't currently have permission to access this folder." I click continue to gain access, and then another popup says "You have been...
  5. Cannot open folder, permission denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open folder, permission denied: Hey all. I have a very annoying issue I've run into for different folders. When trying to read reports/log dumps in ProgramData, I get "You don't currently have permission to access this folder." I click continue to gain access, and then another popup says "You have been...
  6. windowsapps folder permissions denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windowsapps folder permissions denied: I tried the method with security and change Owner but it doesnt work at all. I keeps saying "You have been denied permission to access this folder" I only want to change a game's path without downloading over 100 gb again...
  7. windowsapps folder permissions denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windowsapps folder permissions denied: I tried the method with security and change Owner but it doesnt work at all. I keeps saying "You have been denied permission to access this folder" I only want to change a game's path without downloading over 100 gb again...
  8. windowsapps folder permissions denied

9. Permission access to files denied

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Permission access to files denied: Hi, i wish to ask after the windows 10 update on 10/12/20. I'm currently unable to delete the files in my pc while keep encountering the problem Folder Access Denied stating I'm not the user of the PC while I'm the only user I'm only able to have access to my desktop,...
  10. File permission denied

in Windows 10 Support
    File permission denied: I am having a problem opening a Microsoft Access database accdb file on my D: drive. It was working fine until recently when I upgraded to Windows10/Office 2016. Now all I get is : "File permission denied". Bizarrely all the other Access databases in the same folder are...