Windows 10: Permissions/ACL screwed up on fresh Windows 11 install

Discus and support Permissions/ACL screwed up on fresh Windows 11 install in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently did a full reinstall of Windows 11 from a USB stick. It saved my old stuff in C:\Windows.old.Since then, it seems a lot of my permissions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Peter Romero, Feb 21, 2024.

1. Permissions/ACL screwed up on fresh Windows 11 install

I recently did a full reinstall of Windows 11 from a USB stick. It saved my old stuff in C:\Windows.old.Since then, it seems a lot of my permissions are screwed up. I am unable to browse to C:\ in explorer at all. Task Manager brings up a UAC prompt before I can run it. I mentioned several other problems here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-is-an-app-from-an-unknown-publisher/f0def521-a85f-487b-9f99-483b199fc2ebWhen I look at the Advanced Security Settings for my C: and D:, I get a lot of weird gibberish that looks like it's not supposed to be there.How did

:)

Peter Romero, Feb 21, 2024

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 21, 2024
  3. KB3152599 - Device Access Broker ACL Update for Win10 Version 1511

Only a idea:
    An access control list (ACL), with respect to a computer file system, is a list of permissions attached to an object. An ACL specifies which users or system processes are granted access to objects, as well as what operations are allowed on given objects. Each entry in a typical ACL specifies a subject and an operation. For instance, if a file object has an ACL that contains (Alice: read,write; Bob: read), this would give Alice permission to read and write the file and Bob to only read it.

Cluster Head, Feb 21, 2024
  4. Permissions/ACL screwed up on fresh Windows 11 install

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

Permissions/ACL screwed up on fresh Windows 11 install

1. Permissions/ACL screwed up on fresh Windows 11 install - Similar Threads - Permissions ACL screwed

2. A question regarding whole drive permission / ACL

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A question regarding whole drive permission / ACL: Hello,I was wondering what will be the response of windows -If a whole drive that has only explicit Admin Full-control with a password protected account from a pc A, is detached and re-attached to another pc B -Case I - having same User as AdminCase II - having same user not...
  3. Permissions/ACL screwed up on fresh Windows 11 install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permissions/ACL screwed up on fresh Windows 11 install: I recently did a full reinstall of Windows 11 from a USB stick. It saved my old stuff in C:\Windows.old.Since then, it seems a lot of my permissions are screwed up. I am unable to browse to C:\ in explorer at all. Task Manager brings up a UAC prompt before I can run it. I...
  4. Computer Screwed Up Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Screwed Up Windows 11: Hi, I used this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj7ThxRsEgQ&t=72s and it really screwed up my PC. I can't search my files, my explorer doesn't work, and my taskbar is screwed up. My whole PC is screwed up. Can anyone help with the fix?Thank you...
  5. Computer Screwed Up Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Screwed Up Windows 11: Hi, I used this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj7ThxRsEgQ&t=72s and it really screwed up my PC. I can't search my files, my explorer doesn't work, and my taskbar is screwed up. My whole PC is screwed up. Can anyone help with the fix?Thank you...
  6. Computer Screwed Up Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Computer Screwed Up Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Permissions seem to be screwed up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Permissions seem to be screwed up: My sole-use Windows 10 system seems to be screwed up. I am getting various manifestations of being unable to access files that I own. I can access anything in safe mode, but not when I log in with my normal user name which has administrator rights. The files affected all show...
  9. User's permission from ACL setting

User's permission from ACL setting: Hi, I am studying DACL and I have a question. Could someone help to explain? Thank you. I set DACL of a foler for a user as below, [ATTACH] "g3" is a group of "u3. By this setting, I could use "u3" to access this folder, and in this folder, I could not create any new...
  10. WindowsApps permissions screw up

WindowsApps permissions screw up: Hey, so recently I was trying to install a shader mod to my Halo MCC, and this required me to access its binary exe in WindowsApps. I am not too skilled with stuff this deep in computers WindowsApps does not let me access it, so I tried to give myself permission. I went into...