Windows 10: Permissions and a confusing question for me!

Discus and support Permissions and a confusing question for me! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I am stuck on a question on permissions and thought someone out there could spell it out for me? I can’t see why theanswer to the one below... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JulianLeach, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Permissions and a confusing question for me!

Hi

I am stuck on a question on permissions and thought someone out there could spell it out for me?

I can’t see why theanswer to the one below isn’t Read? Aren’t the permissions cumulativeand the MOST restrictive apply? That would be READ?

Permissions and a confusing question for me! 98212b3f-afc0-4c89-be31-8d9a01e044dd?upload=true.png

I hope you can help?

:)

JulianLeach, Apr 21, 2021

2. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Apr 21, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Permissions Issues

Hooray!!!! Thanks so much, you are a superstar. Issue resolved.

I thought the fact that "Administrators" were listed in the permissions meant that all Admins had access, but apparently not. Now I added my specific login account, it works fine.

Thanks so much for your help, these UAC things in Windows are quite confusing, I am not (entirely) stupid!!

glastolover, Apr 21, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

Permissions and a confusing question for me!

Permission issue

Presumably because TrustedInstaller is the owner (hence you need its permission), suggesting that img3.jpg was installed by Windows at some time.

Presumably that also means it can be uninstalled. How did you get it in the first place? Where is it located?

If you really want to delete it yourself, then taking ownership would seem a logical first step.

Thema:

Permissions and a confusing question for me!

1. Permissions and a confusing question for me! - Similar Threads - Permissions confusing question

2. user accounts confusion and permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    user accounts confusion and permissions: hi. though i am quite a seasoned windows pc user, i have thus far not had experience with additional user accounts. i have recently migrated to a new pc with the help of pc mover software. what i did not realize is that i had created an extra user account and that perhaps the...
  3. NTFS Permission Confuse me

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NTFS Permission Confuse me: Full control: ModifyRead & execute: List folder contents:Read: Write: The write and read permission within the NFTS permission confuses me can you explain or simplify these permission in regards to a file and and folder please...
  4. NTFS Permission Confuse me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NTFS Permission Confuse me: Full control: ModifyRead & execute: List folder contents:Read: Write: The write and read permission within the NFTS permission confuses me can you explain or simplify these permission in regards to a file and and folder please...
  5. NTFS Permission Confuse me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. used computer, confused permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    used computer, confused permissions: To much of my dismay, I have found that the windows.old file was from the last person who had this computer. After having this problem and following these instructions...
  7. used computer, confused permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    used computer, confused permissions: To much of my dismay, I have found that the windows.old file was from the last person who had this computer. After having this problem and following these instructions...
  8. used computer, confused permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Sort of a confusing question...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sort of a confusing question...: Is there any way that I can create a folder that can't alter any other files that are outside of that same folder that he is in? Sorry for my bad english submitted by /u/yplusz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kdgq6k/sort_of_a_confusing_question/
  10. NTFS Permissions Confusion

in Windows 10 Support
    NTFS Permissions Confusion: I clearly do not understand NTFS permissions. Can someone please help eliminate my confusion. When I am signed in to RAVEN\Clayton (local, standard account) and I check Properties->Security on D:\Users\Clayton\Utilities, I find: [img] To me this indicates that...