Windows 10: Permissions and sharing problems

Discus and support Permissions and sharing problems in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, This is a 2 part question which derived from the same even, but I'll ask the more important question first. My main hard drive which has windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Opednumeruno, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Permissions and sharing problems

Hi,

This is a 2 part question which derived from the same even, but I'll ask the more important question first.

My main hard drive which has windows installed suddenly died so I replaced it, reinstalled everything including Windows 10 pro again.

I have 4 other HDD's installed for various business related reasons (back ups, shared folders, archives etc.)

ANYWAY, I have one m2 SSD with windows and all programs installed.
    I then have another SSD which has all the main business files I need.

Note: I have gone in and made my login owner of that drive and have given myself access with 'full control' but whenever I try and save a webpic or something to this SSD it says I don't have permission and accesss is denied, contact administrator. I AM THE F***ING ADMIN

There is also an old Windows folder on the drive I don't have permission to delete.... why not, why is this such a pain in the ****?

2nd Question..... Sharing.

I have a network of 4 computers, 3 of which are connected to a network switch.
    I used to have a folder on the computer discussed above which I had shared. Then I went on the other comps, clicked 'network' then it would populate all the computers with shared folders, then upon clicking it I would get access.
    After re installing windows NOW what happens is, the folder is shared with access to everyone but one computer doesn't see the computer or any others at all (still has homegroups), another one can see the folder but it asks for a user name and password (still has homegroups), which I have no idea whose credentials it's asking for (the login to the comp that owns that file doesn't work)

Then my laptop which is connected (also still has homegroups) can access that folder and all the other computers fine.

I have gone on each computer and changed the very limited sharing options to all the stats Windows and every other tutorial says, but still nothing.

WHY? Like seriously why the hell doesn't it work

:)

Opednumeruno, Mar 5, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

vistas sharing permissions... help needed

First make sure "Use Sharing Wizard" is disabled under Folder Options.

Then when you setup the share, set the permissions on the sharing tab, but also you have to set the permissions on the security tab.

newtekie1, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Ruz San Win User
    permissions

Hi,

Let's make sure that Public folder sharing is on in Network and Sharing Center. Follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Manage advanced sharing settings then press Enter.
    • Expand All Networks.
    • Under Public folder sharing, choose Turn on sharing so anyone with network access can read and write files in the Public folders.
    • Click on Save changes.

We also suggest you disable your antivirus software if you still encounter the error after following the steps above.

Let us know if the suggestions above help you in fixing the problem.

Regards.

Ruz San, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Mike0409 Win User

Permissions and sharing problems

vistas sharing permissions... help needed

What I don't understand the following:

Firewalls= Off
    Ownership = Him
    NTFS Security Permissions = Allow user, full control set
    Share permissions = allow user, full control set
    Password Protection = Off

What the fuck is stopping the authentication??

Fit for shit's and giggles, add the user you want to the Security permissions of the Hard drive the share is on.

Meaning if the share is on your C: Drive, go into the Security Tab in the C: drive and add that user. But don't share that Drive out, just set those NTFS permissions.

Mike0409, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

Permissions and sharing problems

1. Permissions and sharing problems - Similar Threads - Permissions sharing problems

2. Drive Sharing Problem with Inconsistent Credentials and Permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive Sharing Problem with Inconsistent Credentials and Permissions: I apologize for the length, but I think the information may be useful in solving the problem. I am experiencing network file sharing problems. I’ll describe them, then at the end I’ll lay out what I’ve already tried. Any help is appreciated.BACKGROUNDSituation: One desktop...
  3. Drive Sharing Problem with Inconsistent Credentials and Permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive Sharing Problem with Inconsistent Credentials and Permissions: I apologize for the length, but I think the information may be useful in solving the problem. I am experiencing network file sharing problems. I’ll describe them, then at the end I’ll lay out what I’ve already tried. Any help is appreciated.BACKGROUNDSituation: One desktop...
  4. Shared folder permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shared folder permissions: Hi,I use a laptop with a Microsoft Account like *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and so does a friend of mine. I have a local folder folder that I wish to share and give him modify permission we both use to use the same local network. When wanting to add him to...
  5. sharing and permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sharing and permissions: I need help so bad, been to other forums no one answers I bought new Dell PC and I cannot view my own files and folders on my external hard drive, it just tells me I don't have permissions, I have tried to grant access it just won't let me. ugg, Anyone????????? Oh I am new...
  6. Permissions and Sharing

Permissions and Sharing: I just bought a new PC with windows 10 home pre-installed, I have an external hard drive with music and movies and when I try and view or hear one I get, "You don't have permission to view this, I have tried all the online advice and still I cannot even see my own stuff, any...
  7. Sharing permission

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sharing permission: Hi all So for Onedrive, the company I work for have made the decision to turn off the share to all share settings. We have an HR admin who wants to share resources with perspective clients via a link in an email that takes them to a folder/files about the company. I thought...
  8. Permissions Problem in Network Sharing

Permissions Problem in Network Sharing: The last Windows update completely destroyed my computer so I had to do a reset and reinstall all of my programs. The last remaining problem is with network permissions/sharing. The other two computers call them 2 and 3 in the office can see my computer and have full...
  9. Windows 10 file sharing permissions problems

Windows 10 file sharing permissions problems: I am trying to share folders between two laptop computers on the same network. I do not want to use OneDrive, just want to use Windows File Sharing. The network is set to type "private" on both machines. Neither laptop is on a domain. One is running Windows 10 Pro...
  10. Shared folder permission problem

Shared folder permission problem: I have 3 PCs on my Windows 10 home network (2 wired desktops running Win10 Pro and a wireless laptop running Win10 Home). All are on the same Workgroup, and I log into all of them with the same Microsoft account, verified on all machines. I have shared some folders on PC...