Windows 10: Permissions and Sharing

Discus and support Permissions and Sharing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just bought a new PC with windows 10 home pre-installed, I have an external hard drive with music and movies and when I try and view or hear one I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mr SS1, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Mr SS1 Win User

Permissions and Sharing

I just bought a new PC with windows 10 home pre-installed, I have an external hard drive with music and movies and when I try and view or hear one I get, "You don't have permission to view this, I have tried all the online advice and still I cannot even see my own stuff, any advice would be nice, thanks in advance

:)

Mr SS1, Jul 25, 2021

2. Permission issue, shared drive Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can understand your concern. However, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. May I know the exact error message?
    2. Have you shared all hard drives or any particular folder within the particular hard drive?

Since you have mentioned that you are getting error related to permission issue, please refer to the troubleshooting steps provided by “Azee N” dated June 2nd 2010 on
    Providing permission to drive and try
    providing permission to the drive.

If the issue still persists, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to re-map the drive.

1. Disconnect the drive by right click on the drive and select disconnect (if the drive is mapped).
    2. Then re-map the drive by referring to Map a network drive
      and check if it resolves the issue.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Jul 25, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    vistas sharing permissions... help needed

First make sure "Use Sharing Wizard" is disabled under Folder Options.

Then when you setup the share, set the permissions on the sharing tab, but also you have to set the permissions on the security tab.

newtekie1, Jul 25, 2021
  4. Mike0409 Win User

Permissions and Sharing

vistas sharing permissions... help needed

What I don't understand the following:

Firewalls= Off
    Ownership = Him
    NTFS Security Permissions = Allow user, full control set
    Share permissions = allow user, full control set
    Password Protection = Off

What the fuck is stopping the authentication??

Fit for shit's and giggles, add the user you want to the Security permissions of the Hard drive the share is on.

Meaning if the share is on your C: Drive, go into the Security Tab in the C: drive and add that user. But don't share that Drive out, just set those NTFS permissions.

Mike0409, Jul 25, 2021
Thema:

Permissions and Sharing

1. Permissions and Sharing - Similar Threads - Permissions Sharing

2. Shared Folder Security: Permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared Folder Security: Permissions: So, I have shared my local disk in Network Sharing Center and in that disk there is folder containing my private files and I don't want other network users accessing them. So I tried to deny access by going to Properties>Advanced Sharing>Permissions but I cannot see any of...
  3. sharing and permissions

sharing and permissions: I need help so bad, been to other forums no one answers I bought new Dell PC and I cannot view my own files and folders on my external hard drive, it just tells me I don't have permissions, I have tried to grant access it just won't let me. ugg, Anyone????????? Oh I am new...
  4. When are NTFS and Share Permissions combined?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    When are NTFS and Share Permissions combined?: Hello!If I have a shared folder C:\Data on one PC and access it from another \\PC\Data, what permissions would that give me? Would it be NTFS and Share at least or most restricted? How do I know when NTFS and share permissions are combined?Thanks!...
  5. Who knew? I was adding a shared printer and it changed permissions for the entire C drive.

Who knew? I was adding a shared printer and it changed permissions for the entire C drive.: Very Irritated. As the title stated, I was changing permissions to a printer for the network when windows 10 insider 21390 release 210521-1658 changed all the permissions on C drive. I can still log into windows. However, no exe file or operation can be performed as a...
  6. Windows cannot access {share path}. You do not have permission to access {share path}....

Windows cannot access {share path}. You do not have permission to access {share path}....: Hello All!I hope you're doing good. I have Active Directory set-up on Windows Server 2019 and a NAS on a separate server with SMB shares, authenticated using Active directory. As long as the systems Joined in the Domain are connected to the network, they are able to access...
  7. Sharing permission

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sharing permission: Hi all So for Onedrive, the company I work for have made the decision to turn off the share to all share settings. We have an HR admin who wants to share resources with perspective clients via a link in an email that takes them to a folder/files about the company. I thought...
  8. New files created on the network won't open with other computer. But sharing permissions...

New files created on the network won't open with other computer. But sharing permissions...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/joshmillsdesign [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lqoq0i/new_files_created_on_the_network_wont_open_with/
  9. Auto mapping share permissions to file

Auto mapping share permissions to file: I have a folder on my hard drive that I share to a box and watch what I have saved there. That works without issue. Problem is when I add files I need to add that specific file with everyone permission to be able to share with the box. Is there a way to auto add everyone...
  10. no permission despite of sharing permission being ON; device not shown in Network

no permission despite of sharing permission being ON; device not shown in Network: 1... My 1st desktop uses Windows 10, and it has no problem sharing files with my MacBook or vice versa. My 2nd desktop uses Windows 10 Pro. Although file sharing is all on, files cannot be shared to any devices. 2... I have tried fixing this 2nd desktop for...