Windows 10: Permissions arent working

Discus and support Permissions arent working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I keep trying to delete a folder on my computer but it wont let me delete it as i dont have access, i change the access rights of the folder and then... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by finleypowell, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Permissions arent working

I keep trying to delete a folder on my computer but it wont let me delete it as i dont have access, i change the access rights of the folder and then it just says that i need access from another user to make changes to it, i have no idea what to do so can someone please help?

:)

finleypowell, Jun 7, 2020

2. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Permissions arent working

ShadowFold, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Permissions arent working

1. Permissions arent working - Similar Threads - Permissions arent working

2. some programs arent working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some programs arent working: programs like razer synapse and this type of programs.This ussie started when i accidentally installed a virus and yes im shure that i got rid of it so i if you can help me in any way that will be great...
  3. some programs arent working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    some programs arent working: programs like razer synapse and this type of programs.This ussie started when i accidentally installed a virus and yes im shure that i got rid of it so i if you can help me in any way that will be great...
  4. some programs arent working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Most of my apps arent working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Most of my apps arent working: Recently I updated my Laptop, and most of the Microsoft official apps aren't working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/most-of-my-apps-arent-working/0e0ca194-0400-4990-82d9-14008fb9db30
  6. Most of my apps arent working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most of my apps arent working: Recently I updated my Laptop, and most of the Microsoft official apps aren't working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/most-of-my-apps-arent-working/0e0ca194-0400-4990-82d9-14008fb9db30
  7. My programs arent working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My programs arent working: So,I recently downloaded a new update for windows 10 but it didnt go well on my pc so i removed it from recovery settings but soon microsoft store won't open.I always receive "server is stumbled" error 0x80072ee7 ,also windows photos viewer no longer works i cant even view my...
  8. My hot keys arent working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My hot keys arent working: All of the keys along the top row of my laptop are not doing what they are supposed to. Top row being mute, volume down, volume up, fast forward, brightness down, brightness up, and the button that makes the keyboard light up, the rest too but those being the important ones,...
  9. Voice chats arent working.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Voice chats arent working.: Having an issue where voice chats aren't working through ANY platform Xbox, Discord etc.. All mics tests working on all platforms but I will only get about 3 seconds of communication in each one then it cuts out. It still registers me as speaking, but no one can hear me and I...
  10. Some Windows functions arent working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Some Windows functions arent working: I recently reset my PC after everything was finished the windows icon stopped working, settings stopped working and also other functions what can be done to bring all these apps back....