Windows 10: Permissions denied

Discus and support Permissions denied in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I reinstalled win 10 and since then I am not allowed to open folders. Each time I have to release access by opening Properties, etc. I am the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jaca, Apr 14, 2019.

1. jaca Win User

Permissions denied

I reinstalled win 10 and since then I am not allowed to open folders. Each time I have to release access by opening Properties, etc. I am the administrator and I want to have full access to EVERYTHING. How should I proceed, please?*Mad

:)

2. Permission denied

Hi,

The permission denied error normally appears if you are not using the admin account to run a specific program. To help us identify the appropriate solution to your concern, we'd like to ask for additional information. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you running the program as administrator when the error appeared?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Can you please show us a screenshot of the error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Apr 14, 2019
  3. Rey Bel1 Win User
    Permission denied as admin

Hi,

It's possible that you haven't taken ownership of the folder that you're trying to delete. So we can better assist with you with successfully taking ownership of the folders you want to delete, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• Which Windows version are you using? Type winver on the search bar and press Enter to find out.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your device prior to the issue?
    • What have you done so far to resolve the issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps provided by Anup Karkal in this
    thread.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rey Bel1, Apr 14, 2019
  4. Geethu B Win User

Permissions denied

Unable to access a folder, it denies permission

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with permission.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.1. Is the issue specific with a particular folder?

2. What is the complete error message?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Permission issue.

• Corrupt User Account.

• Damaged files.

I suggest you to try the steps under the section Issue 1:
    I get an "Access Denied" error message when accessing or working with files and folders
    in the following article and check if it helps.

"Access Denied" or other errors when accessing or working with files and folders in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2623670

Note:

1. Applies to Windows 10.

2. You may need to be logged on as an administrator to change file and folder permissions.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

Permissions denied

1. Permissions denied - Similar Threads - Permissions denied

2. Access denied to local file server document, request for Sharepoint permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied to local file server document, request for Sharepoint permission: Hello,On some xlsm files stored on my local network folders, I get an "Access denied" message saying I do not have access to view this file and if I would like to request for permission on Sharepoint?This does not make any sense as the file is locally stored on a local file...
  3. Access denied to local file server document, request for Sharepoint permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access denied to local file server document, request for Sharepoint permission: Hello,On some xlsm files stored on my local network folders, I get an "Access denied" message saying I do not have access to view this file and if I would like to request for permission on Sharepoint?This does not make any sense as the file is locally stored on a local file...
  4. Denying delete permission doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Denying delete permission doesn't work: On an NTFS removeable USB drive, I have many files, arranged in subfolders of a folder called "Slide scans originals". I want to protect the files from deletion.I have set Deny Delete permission to the main folder, checking "Replace all child permission entries..."So the main...
  5. Denying delete permission doesn't work

Denying delete permission doesn't work: On an NTFS removeable USB drive, I have many files, arranged in subfolders of a folder called "Slide scans originals". I want to protect the files from deletion.I have set Deny Delete permission to the main folder, checking "Replace all child permission entries..."So the main...
  6. HELP! "You have been denied permission to access this folder" Despite Being Administrator &...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! "You have been denied permission to access this folder" Despite Being Administrator &...: I can't access certain system & windows folder files despite being the administrator and the only user on the computer.Some folders I can't delete it or even open it, or even edit it's properties. It says: "You don't currently have permissions to access this folder"When I...
  7. HELP! "You have been denied permission to access this folder" Despite Being Administrator &...

HELP! "You have been denied permission to access this folder" Despite Being Administrator &...: I can't access certain system & windows folder files despite being the administrator and the only user on the computer.Some folders I can't delete it or even open it, or even edit it's properties. It says: "You don't currently have permissions to access this folder"When I...
  8. HELP! "You have been denied permission to access this folder" Despite Being Administrator &...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Permission is denied by Windows in VMware in Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permission is denied by Windows in VMware in Ubuntu: i am sharing window folder with vnware ubuntu. when i edit the file that is located in the share folder of window in the ubuntu then it gives error of permission denied below screenshots are attached.w...
  10. Permission is denied by Windows in VMware in Ubuntu

Permission is denied by Windows in VMware in Ubuntu: i am sharing window folder with vnware ubuntu. when i edit the file that is located in the share folder of window in the ubuntu then it gives error of permission denied below screenshots are attached.w...