Windows 10: Permissions denied

Discus and support Permissions denied in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I reinstalled win 10 and since then I am not allowed to open folders. Each time I have to release access by opening Properties, etc. I am the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jaca, Apr 15, 2019.

1. jaca Win User

Permissions denied

I reinstalled win 10 and since then I am not allowed to open folders. Each time I have to release access by opening Properties, etc. I am the administrator and I want to have full access to EVERYTHING. How should I proceed, please?*Mad

:)

2. Permission denied

Hi,

The permission denied error normally appears if you are not using the admin account to run a specific program. To help us identify the appropriate solution to your concern, we'd like to ask for additional information. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you running the program as administrator when the error appeared?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Can you please show us a screenshot of the error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Rey Bel1 Win User
    Permission denied as admin

Hi,

It's possible that you haven't taken ownership of the folder that you're trying to delete. So we can better assist with you with successfully taking ownership of the folders you want to delete, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• Which Windows version are you using? Type winver on the search bar and press Enter to find out.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your device prior to the issue?
    • What have you done so far to resolve the issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps provided by Anup Karkal in this
    thread.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rey Bel1, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Geethu B Win User

Permissions denied

Unable to access a folder, it denies permission

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with permission.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.1. Is the issue specific with a particular folder?

2. What is the complete error message?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Permission issue.

• Corrupt User Account.

• Damaged files.

I suggest you to try the steps under the section Issue 1:
    I get an "Access Denied" error message when accessing or working with files and folders
    in the following article and check if it helps.

"Access Denied" or other errors when accessing or working with files and folders in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2623670

Note:

1. Applies to Windows 10.

2. You may need to be logged on as an administrator to change file and folder permissions.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Permissions denied

1. Permissions denied - Similar Threads - Permissions denied

2. NAS Shares on the Network (Group Policy Solutions) 550 chmod 777 <filename> permission denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NAS Shares on the Network (Group Policy Solutions) 550 chmod 777 <filename> permission denied: After running into a problem with Windows 10 updates disabling SAMBA version 1 (SMB1) and knowing the TP-LINK router uses SMB1 for sharing, the fix was to create the share as a "local only" ftp share on the network over port 21. This is a nice solution. Unfortunately...
  3. Permissions denied

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Permissions denied: I reinstalled win 10 and since then I am not allowed to open folders. Each time I have to release access by opening Properties, etc. I am the administrator and I want to have full access to EVERYTHING. How should I proceed, please?*Mad 130871
  4. Cannot uninstall programs from the new UI - says permissions are denied

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot uninstall programs from the new UI - says permissions are denied: Not sure if this is the appropriate forum to post this but here goes... In a test environment, I installed and configured a Samba4 domain controller. Then I joined a Windows 10 workstation and a Windows 10 Laptop to that domain. Now I am finding a strange issue with any...
  5. MS ACCESS ERROR 70 PERMISSION DENIED AFTER KB4486474 INSTALLED

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MS ACCESS ERROR 70 PERMISSION DENIED AFTER KB4486474 INSTALLED: We are getting error messages when trying to add records to a msAcess db via vb6 after the server updates kb4486474, kb4487000. we can access the tables as normal but when trying to do an 'add record' we get the runtime error 70 :permission denied. this app has worked fine...
  6. Administrator permission denied

Administrator permission denied: I have a laptop running Windows 10 with only one user (which is the administrator). Recently, I had to edit a file in System32 but once I tried to save the edits, I was told that I didn't have the permission to save in this location and that I would have to contact the...
  7. Trusted Installer has Full control and I am Admin and denied permission to access files

Trusted Installer has Full control and I am Admin and denied permission to access files: Trusted Installer has Full control and denies permission for me as Admin to change/open/delete many files that I feel are corrupt. I have a recycle bin corrupt file that pops up constantly and I have tried all the online and youtube suggestions in command prompt on how to fix...
  8. execute permission denied on usb external hard drive on windows 10

execute permission denied on usb external hard drive on windows 10: everytime i execute an exe file in file explorer or at command prompt in this external hard drive it says permission denied, but when i execute with admin privilege it executes. i do not want this. it is unsafe to execute exe file as admin. i changed owner and full control...
  9. Windows 10 restore backup from previous version - Permission to access files denied. Take...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 restore backup from previous version - Permission to access files denied. Take...: I had upgrade to Windows 10 and had backups of User Documents, Pictures, etc. that restored to a temp location on the new Windows 10 PC but I could not read the users data to copy to the new home folders. I finally found a method of changing ownership to a user that works....
  10. Can not save to network drive, permissions denied

Can not save to network drive, permissions denied: Another problem out of nowhere. A USB stick on a Linksys router used as a network drive. Suddenly, can not save to the drive, and PC says "permission denied." Can find no way to change permissions. Get error message: "An error occured while applying security information -...