Windows 10: Permissions fix

Discus and support Permissions fix in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I've messed up my permissions. Basically i wanted to lock a file on my desktop, but now when i put for example a pdf on my desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by the_d, Jan 11, 2019.

1. the_d Win User

Permissions fix

Hello everyone,

I've messed up my permissions. Basically i wanted to lock a file on my desktop, but now when i put for example a pdf on my desktop and the upload it to usb stick, but when i open it on a different pc its locked. Also i have a lock logo on the top right corner on any files (words, pdf, etc.).

:)

the_d, Jan 11, 2019

2. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Jan 11, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

Permissions fix

Permission issue

Presumably because TrustedInstaller is the owner (hence you need its permission), suggesting that img3.jpg was installed by Windows at some time.

Presumably that also means it can be uninstalled. How did you get it in the first place? Where is it located?

If you really want to delete it yourself, then taking ownership would seem a logical first step.

Thema:

Permissions fix

1. Permissions fix - Similar Threads - Permissions fix

2. NTFS File System Permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NTFS File System Permissions: Hello, I want to start by saying please answer my exact question... I've noticed in other questions on the forum that Microsoft Techs, try to avoid answering this and not really having anything useful to add to the specific question. So I'll state here that if you are not...
  3. where do i go to change windows app permissions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where do i go to change windows app permissions?: Where do i go to resend my windows permissions concerning certain applications ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-go-to-change-windows-app-permissions/fb9cc810-dc9d-4acb-9018-58f520c8e729
  4. String to change name in file permissions that include computer name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    String to change name in file permissions that include computer name: I am using clonezilla to restore an image to computers. Some of the imaged file systems use the machine name in their permissions. Is there a string to enter to make the system replace the cloned image machine name to the new (or any current) machine name (i.e. Users...
  5. Permission error.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Permission error.: I recently downloaded an antivirus tool that I confirmed to be safe. The tool however slowed down my computer so I tried to delete it (it didnt work and said "you require permission from the admins to make changes to this folder". ( I am the only owner and admin of this...
  6. Cannot uninstall programs from the new UI - says permissions are denied

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot uninstall programs from the new UI - says permissions are denied: Not sure if this is the appropriate forum to post this but here goes... In a test environment, I installed and configured a Samba4 domain controller. Then I joined a Windows 10 workstation and a Windows 10 Laptop to that domain. Now I am finding a strange issue with any...
  7. apps permission error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    apps permission error: My microphone,location,and camera apps permission is missing.Does anyone know how to solve this problem thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-permission-error/fffa0a1f-217b-4379-b373-05e244457f3c
  8. Fixing "The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fixing "The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission...: I've had a few crashes in the past days while gaming where my computer will completely freeze and the last seconds of audio will repeat until a forced restart. I've checked the event logs and when they log the error it's been this. See full text of the error below. Any help...
  9. OneDrive folder permissions - Fix

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive folder permissions - Fix: Found the problem. *Smile While you are still listed as the owner of each subfolder in the OneDrive folder, some subfolders no longer have inherited permissions enabled. If you Enable inheritance and OK for each affected subfolder in the OneDrive folder, it will no...
  10. DCom Launch permission error 10016 **FIX**

in Windows 10 Support
    DCom Launch permission error 10016 **FIX**: **Update** Links to a possible fix. http://tinyurl.com/yalc7gdg https://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/73988-cortana-dcom-error-event-10016-a.html This Immersive Shell error pops up in duplicate, and usually cites application container...