Windows 10: Permissions fix

Discus and support Permissions fix in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I've messed up my permissions. Basically i wanted to lock a file on my desktop, but now when i put for example a pdf on my desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by the_d, Jan 11, 2019.

1. the_d Win User

Permissions fix

Hello everyone,

I've messed up my permissions. Basically i wanted to lock a file on my desktop, but now when i put for example a pdf on my desktop and the upload it to usb stick, but when i open it on a different pc its locked. Also i have a lock logo on the top right corner on any files (words, pdf, etc.).

:)

the_d, Jan 11, 2019

2. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Jan 11, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

Permissions fix

Permission issue

Presumably because TrustedInstaller is the owner (hence you need its permission), suggesting that img3.jpg was installed by Windows at some time.

Presumably that also means it can be uninstalled. How did you get it in the first place? Where is it located?

If you really want to delete it yourself, then taking ownership would seem a logical first step.

Thema:

Permissions fix

1. Permissions fix - Similar Threads - Permissions fix

2. how do i fix my adminstrator permission problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i fix my adminstrator permission problem?: this morning i installed two updates for Windows 11 home. After installing the updates i tried to update my graphic driver. when pressing to update the graphics driver, it took 5 minutes to load then said "windows cannot access the specified path or file. you may not have the...
  3. how do i fix my adminstrator permission problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i fix my adminstrator permission problem?: this morning i installed two updates for Windows 11 home. After installing the updates i tried to update my graphic driver. when pressing to update the graphics driver, it took 5 minutes to load then said "windows cannot access the specified path or file. you may not have the...
  4. You don’t have permission to mount the file [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    You don’t have permission to mount the file [Fix]: [ATTACH]If you don’t have permission error troubles you when mounting an ISO image, then this post may help. The complete error message reads: Couldn’t Mount File, You don’t have permission to mount the file. Fortunately, you can follow some simple suggestions to fix it. Why...
  5. How can i fix Admin permission gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i fix Admin permission gone: Ive tried downloading windows iso however it just dosent download after waiting on the page for an hour, ive also tried all the register commands everything ive tried nothing works can you please help me im going insane...
  6. How can i fix Admin permission gone

How can i fix Admin permission gone: Ive tried downloading windows iso however it just dosent download after waiting on the page for an hour, ive also tried all the register commands everything ive tried nothing works can you please help me im going insane...
  7. Media player is saying I don' have permission to play my music. ****!?? How do I fix this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media player is saying I don' have permission to play my music. ****!?? How do I fix this...: Media player is saying I don' have permission to play my music. ****!?? How do I fix this please?I went to my Music folder and added "everyone" to the security permissions. Now I can play music by clicking the file through file explorer - but still not through Media...
  8. Media player is saying I don' have permission to play my music. ****!?? How do I fix this...

Media player is saying I don' have permission to play my music. ****!?? How do I fix this...: Media player is saying I don' have permission to play my music. ****!?? How do I fix this please?I went to my Music folder and added "everyone" to the security permissions. Now I can play music by clicking the file through file explorer - but still not through Media...
  9. Unable to access crucial Windows components due to permission errors. Need help fixing this...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to access crucial Windows components due to permission errors. Need help fixing this...: I'm experiencing an issue where I can't open Windows components like Explorer, Microsoft Store, Start button, and Settings. I receive an error message saying, "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access...
  10. Unable to access crucial Windows components due to permission errors. Need help fixing this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access crucial Windows components due to permission errors. Need help fixing this...: I'm experiencing an issue where I can't open Windows components like Explorer, Microsoft Store, Start button, and Settings. I receive an error message saying, "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access...