Windows 10: permissions in c:/program files/ windowsapps/ have changed

Discus and support permissions in c:/program files/ windowsapps/ have changed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; permissions in c:/program files/ windowsapps/ have changed and I can not change them error is Windows cannot access the specific device, path or file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by josujosu, Oct 13, 2020.

1. josujosu Win User

permissions in c:/program files/ windowsapps/ have changed

permissions in c:/program files/ windowsapps/ have changed and I can not change them error is Windows cannot access the specific device, path or file You may not have appropriate permissions to access them .

most app's and all troubleshooters will not work, internet drops out and issues with sound

I loaded

Microsoft Edge Version 87.0.658.0 Official build dev 64-bit

bad move

:)

josujosu, Oct 13, 2020
  2. Eagle51 Win User

Getting full access to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

Hey x509,
    IIRC ... it's not actually a corrupt entry, but a special permission/condition (Exists:WIN://SYSAPPID) for Users(Pc-Name\Users) and shouldn't be removed. If you must change permissions on the WindowsApps folder and/or sub folders/files .... I suggest you get familiar with ICACLS first and save the current WindowsApps Folder / Sub Folders / File permissions to a acl.txt file, so you can restore them in case you break something (which is very likely when messing with permissions)

ICACLS - iCacls - Modify Access Control List - Windows CMD - SS64.com

Eagle51, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Eagle51 Win User
    Why I can not open C:\Program Files\WindowsApps ?

Hey camelia,
    FYI .. that "access control entry is corrupt" message is misleading. It's actually a special permission/condition that is suppose to be there and I would not change/mess with it .... IIRC it's the user DOMAIN\USERS with the Condition Exists (Win://SYSAPPID)

BTW ... if you're just wanting to take a look inside the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps you should be able to do it by opening a Command Prompt as Admin and cd C:\Program Files\WindowsApps then dir to list the folders.

Eagle51, Oct 13, 2020
  4. permissions in c:/program files/ windowsapps/ have changed

What is the default OWNER of C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

H PollockLA

Click your Start Button, then just type cmd

From the resulting list, right click Command Prompt and choose 'Run as Administrator'

Paste this into Command Prompt and press Enter:

icacls "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps" /reset /t /c /q

What command will take time to execute, wait for that command to complete, then close Command Prompt

That will reset all permissions on the WindowsApps folder and all contained files and folders

DaveM121 (2), Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

permissions in c:/program files/ windowsapps/ have changed

1. permissions in c:/program files/ windowsapps/ have changed - Similar Threads - permissions program files

2. How do I fix file permissions for C:\Program Files\WindowsApps? I changed the permissions...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I fix file permissions for C:\Program Files\WindowsApps? I changed the permissions...: So like the question says I changed the file perms for C:\Program Files\WindowsApps so I could add something for an app. I wanted to know where a game of mine was installed but after I knew where it was installed i wanted to change it back but now i dont know what the...
  3. How do I fix file permissions for C:\Program Files\WindowsApps? I changed the permissions...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix file permissions for C:\Program Files\WindowsApps? I changed the permissions...: So like the question says I changed the file perms for C:\Program Files\WindowsApps so I could add something for an app. I wanted to know where a game of mine was installed but after I knew where it was installed i wanted to change it back but now i dont know what the...
  4. How do I fix file permissions for C:\Program Files\WindowsApps? I changed the permissions...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I fix file permissions for C:\Program Files\WindowsApps? I changed the permissions...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix file permissions for C:\Program Files\WindowsApps? I changed the permissions...: So like the question says I changed the file perms for C:\Program Files\WindowsApps so I could add something for an app. I was trying to add a folder and then a file inside that new folder which is supposed to be named Formats. I was trying to add this for a compressed folder...
  6. How do I fix file permissions for C:\Program Files\WindowsApps? I changed the permissions...

How do I fix file permissions for C:\Program Files\WindowsApps? I changed the permissions...: So like the question says I changed the file perms for C:\Program Files\WindowsApps so I could add something for an app. I was trying to add a folder and then a file inside that new folder which is supposed to be named Formats. I was trying to add this for a compressed folder...
  7. c program files windowsapps...

c program files windowsapps...: Recently moved files from C drive to J external hard drive. Now when I log in this incorrect function comes up? any help would be appreciated thank you. Devices and SpecsDevice name DESKTOP-HVBA63L Processor IntelR PentiumR CPU G4400 @ 3.30GHz 3.31 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB...
  8. c program files windowsapps...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    c program files windowsapps...: Recently moved files from C drive to J external hard drive. Now when I log in this incorrect function comes up? any help would be appreciated thank you. Devices and SpecsDevice name DESKTOP-HVBA63L Processor IntelR PentiumR CPU G4400 @ 3.30GHz 3.31 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB...
  9. c program files windowsapps...

10. permission to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\SubFolder

permission to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\SubFolder: Winodws 10 Pro Workgroup 1909 Need access to review the security rating at http://virustotal.com Trying to access file in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\SubFolder Have tried both C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\A278AB0D.Asphalt9_2.5.300.2_x86__h6adky7gbf63m>takeown /f...