Windows 10: Permissions issue with a User account

Discus and support Permissions issue with a User account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I followed advice on a here. Everything is working well apart from I can't delete files in my Music folder! When I try to delete a file it says I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by g41851, Mar 12, 2019.

1. g41851 Win User

Permissions issue with a User account

I followed advice on a here.

Everything is working well apart from I can't delete files in my Music folder!

When I try to delete a file it says I need permission from DESKTOP-KH36HHO, which is the computer I'm using. Before I go to delete the folder I enter my admin pin number and it is accepted.

Any ideas on what is happening here?

:)

g41851, Mar 12, 2019
  2. redabbs1 Win User

User Accounts / Permissions Issue

My PC shows only two user accounts, both designated as "Local Account, Administrator, Password Protected". One account (this is my "personal" account) has my name as user. The other account's user name is "Administrator". Neither account has full elevated permissions, which prevents me from managing many things I would like to control.

I understand that an Administrator account with full permissions must be used in order to change a user from "Standard" to "Administrator".

Regardless of how much research I have done and how many instructionsI have found on the Internet, nothing I have tried has worked to locate or create an Administrator with full permissions that would allow me to change my personal account to Administrator.

I am hoping that you can walk me through the steps I need to follow so that I end up with full elevated permissions on my personal account.

Thank you,

redabbs1, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Folder won't open due to permission issue

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I understand your concern. Let me help you.

I suggest you to sign out from the current account, restart the computer and log in with Administrators account and

check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to refer to the steps below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then click
      Properties.

• Tap or click the Security tab.

• Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.

To open a file, you have to have the Read permission. To change the permissions of a file or folder, follow these steps.

Important you must be logged on as an administrator to change permissions on files and folders.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then tap or click
      Properties.

• Tap or click the Security tab.

• Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.

• Tap or click Edit, tap or click your name, select the check boxes for the permissions that you must have, and then click
      OK.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us with more information and we’d be happy to help.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Mar 12, 2019
  4. Kol12 Win User

User account permissions need resetting.

I've converted my administrator account to a standard user account and created a new administrator account.

As a standard user I am able to access the admins user folder which I should not be able to do. There must some issues with the permissions somewhere but I'm not sure how to go about troubleshooting it.
    @fdegrove has already suggested running an acl.bat as detailed here, post #39 Is a standard user account necessary for tight security and home user? - Page 4 - Windows 10 Forums

but it has not fixed my user permissions.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Kol12, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Permissions issue with a User account - Similar Threads - Permissions issue User

2. user accounts confusion and permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    user accounts confusion and permissions: hi. though i am quite a seasoned windows pc user, i have thus far not had experience with additional user accounts. i have recently migrated to a new pc with the help of pc mover software. what i did not realize is that i had created an extra user account and that perhaps the...
  3. user accounts confusion and permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    user accounts confusion and permissions: hi. though i am quite a seasoned windows pc user, i have thus far not had experience with additional user accounts. i have recently migrated to a new pc with the help of pc mover software. what i did not realize is that i had created an extra user account and that perhaps the...
  4. USER ACCOUNT ADMIN PERMISSIONS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    USER ACCOUNT ADMIN PERMISSIONS: HI, I HAVE BEEN HACKED BADLY AND THE HACKER HAS CHANGED USER ACCOUNT ADMIN PERMISIONS BLOCKING ME FROM HAVING ADMIN ACCESS AND EVEN MY TROUBLESHOOTER IS UNACCESSABLE NOW AS I DONT HAVE PERMISSION TO FIX ANYTHING EVEN THOUGH IM THE OWNER AND SOLE USER OF THIS LAPTOP SINCE I...
  5. User account permission

in Windows 10 Customization
    User account permission: I was just on with Adobe customer support for over 6 hours to troubleshoot why an Adobe Photomerge feature does not work on my machine. While they made me update everything in Windows and my video driver, nothing helped. Finally, the customer service person asked if they...
  6. User Permission issues....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Permission issues....: Yo, I messed up my user permissions to access files..... now if I have to go to properties/security/and all that stuff, every time i want to access a single file..... pls help.. PS: also i cannot see my desktop background...it is in picture option still and my PC...
  7. User permissions issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User permissions issue: so I got this laptop from work and I really like how it’s moving. The problem is that it came with a user created for me separate from the administrator user. (win 10 pro) I managed to bypass the install setups for a game (gta sa, a guilty pleasure) installer admin permission...
  8. User account permissions...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User account permissions...: Purchased a new PC - ran the initial setup routines and set myself as (sole) user. Also set with NO password/local account... However, when I right-click-run-as-administrator an exe file or shortcut to run a programme I always recieve a pop-up asking if I want to make...
  9. User Accounts / Permissions Issue

User Accounts / Permissions Issue: My PC shows only two user accounts, both designated as "Local Account, Administrator, Password Protected". One account (this is my "personal" account) has my name as user. The other account's user name is "Administrator". Neither account has full elevated permissions, which...
  10. User account permissions need resetting.

User account permissions need resetting.: I've converted my administrator account to a standard user account and created a new administrator account. As a standard user I am able to access the admins user folder which I should not be able to do. There must some issues with the permissions somewhere but I'm not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. permission issue acc