Windows 10: Permissions issue

Discus and support Permissions issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been attempting to do the following: 1. I can open the Network 2. Select the C:\ on my other computer which I do see in the Network 3. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HankLask, Jun 29, 2019.

1. HankLask Win User

Permissions issue

I have been attempting to do the following:

1. I can open the Network

2. Select the C:\ on my other computer which I do see in the Network

3. I get an error message which reads as follows"

windows cannot access \\Name of computer

You do not have permission to access \\ name of computer. contact your network administrator to request access.

On the computer that needs to be accessed, I have included Everyone on the Security tab and on the Sharing tab of the C:\ yet it is still not allowing me to access the C:\ on the other computer.

Any suggestions would be appreciated and as I am relatively new, please be as specific as you can with your suggestions.

:)

HankLask, Jun 29, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Permission issue

Presumably because TrustedInstaller is the owner (hence you need its permission), suggesting that img3.jpg was installed by Windows at some time.

Presumably that also means it can be uninstalled. How did you get it in the first place? Where is it located?

If you really want to delete it yourself, then taking ownership would seem a logical first step.

3. Folder won't open due to permission issue

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I understand your concern. Let me help you.

I suggest you to sign out from the current account, restart the computer and log in with Administrators account and

check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to refer to the steps below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then click
      Properties.

• Tap or click the Security tab.

• Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.

To open a file, you have to have the Read permission. To change the permissions of a file or folder, follow these steps.

Important you must be logged on as an administrator to change permissions on files and folders.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then tap or click
      Properties.

• Tap or click the Security tab.

• Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.

• Tap or click Edit, tap or click your name, select the check boxes for the permissions that you must have, and then click
      OK.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us with more information and we’d be happy to help.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jun 29, 2019
  4. Permissions issue

Permission issues

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

This may be caused by incorrect permissions on the files.

You can fix this using these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

Permissions issue

1. Permissions issue - Similar Threads - Permissions issue

2. Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...: I had an old installation of windows on this computer. I recently reinstalled windows. The folders on the old drive have some permissions issue. I have my new windows setup and working find on C:/. I can install Xbox games to C:/ just fine.However, the D:/ drive is...
  3. Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...: I had an old installation of windows on this computer. I recently reinstalled windows. The folders on the old drive have some permissions issue. I have my new windows setup and working find on C:/. I can install Xbox games to C:/ just fine.However, the D:/ drive is...
  4. is there an issue with user access control for windows 10? I cannot get permission to load...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there an issue with user access control for windows 10? I cannot get permission to load...: Is there an issue with UAC on windows 10? I am trying to load a new app, but the permission box only shows a NO , where it should have YES or NO. I tried to run the app as administrator, but that did not work....
  5. is there an issue with user access control for windows 10? I cannot get permission to load...

is there an issue with user access control for windows 10? I cannot get permission to load...: Is there an issue with UAC on windows 10? I am trying to load a new app, but the permission box only shows a NO , where it should have YES or NO. I tried to run the app as administrator, but that did not work....
  6. is there an issue with user access control for windows 10? I cannot get permission to load...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Newly Occurring Permission Issues Windows 10 and 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Newly Occurring Permission Issues Windows 10 and 11: Recently, we have found several of our devices to have issues with running executables from network shares. The devices are part of a domain with network permissions applied with Active Directory Security Groups. I an admin on both the problem devices and the file share...
  8. Newly Occurring Permission Issues Windows 10 and 11

Newly Occurring Permission Issues Windows 10 and 11: Recently, we have found several of our devices to have issues with running executables from network shares. The devices are part of a domain with network permissions applied with Active Directory Security Groups. I an admin on both the problem devices and the file share...
  9. Windows 11 pc has permission issues after transferring data to new pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 pc has permission issues after transferring data to new pc: I took the ssd out my old pc, used a ssd to usb transferring cable to transfer data to my new computer. Put the ssd back in my old computer and now the old pc running windows 11 is running slow and having permission access issues. I can barely access anything. Cant change...
  10. Windows 11 pc has permission issues after transferring data to new pc

Windows 11 pc has permission issues after transferring data to new pc: I took the ssd out my old pc, used a ssd to usb transferring cable to transfer data to my new computer. Put the ssd back in my old computer and now the old pc running windows 11 is running slow and having permission access issues. I can barely access anything. Cant change...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 kb4509096 permission denied