Windows 10: permissions of apps / and data downloads .

Discus and support permissions of apps / and data downloads . in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello I cannot find where to turn off permissions of apps and data downloads , are you able to walk me through it,please!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by graemedavey2, May 6, 2019.

1. permissions of apps / and data downloads .

Hello I cannot find where to turn off permissions of apps and data downloads , are you able to walk me through it,please!

:)

graemedavey2, May 6, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

App Permissions

Hi Tony,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Some apps require certain permissions to work properly. However, you can change the permissions given to the apps by following the below steps:

1. Click on Start.
    2. Click on Settings and then click on Privacy.
    3. Under the App Permissions you can change the permissions which are assigned for the apps.

However, you can go through the
    Microsoft Privacy Statement

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 6, 2019
  3. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, May 6, 2019
  4. permissions of apps / and data downloads .

How to stop Facebook harvesting your data

One way to try and ensure that your data stays private is to request that your Facebook account be deleted, but that doesn't necessarily protect information you have already supplied.

Many users are willing to trade off the risk of supplying their data for the convenience of staying connected to friends and others on the social network.
    So what can you do to protect your data if you want to stay on Facebook?

To begin, visit the settings area of Facebook found via the drop-down arrow in the top right-hand corner of your profile page on the desktop version of the site.
    Then click on the apps tab on the left of the page and click 'show all' at the bottom, then you can see, edit, and remove all the apps you've 'consented' to track your account.
    Now, a likely vast list of all apps that can access and view your own personal data will be revealed.

To edit or remove these apps from your list of permitted platforms, simply hover the mouse over one of the options.
    Clicking the pencil icon will bring up the edit options and clicking the 'X' will bring up the option to remove it.
    For each app that has access to the data, users can go in and customise what permissions are granted to each app.

For example, many apps use friends list information, profile information and sometimes even work and educational history.
    Most will already know your email and have access to any information on your profile.
    To restrict access, there is a blue tick option on the right-hand side of different permissions such as email, profile picture, education etc
    Apps can make some permissions compulsory and these cannot be unchecked and appear as a faded out blue.
    If this makes you uncomfortable then the only way to restrict this data reaching that specific company is to click the 'X' and remove the app.
    Users can make a judgement call on the optional pieces of information too and customise the data that is shared.

To change the data permissions for all of the apps is time consuming, but it is the only way to gain control over the free distribution of personal data.

By scrolling further down the Settings>Apps window there are other options to further customise who can view personal data.

At this point, it is important to remember that all previous apps were, at some point, granted permission by the user to access their data.
    Under the 'Apps Others Use' tab, this gets taken out of the user's hands.
    Here, it shows all the data available for Facebook friends to see.
    Whilst there may be no issue with this being shared with friends and acquaintances on the social media platform, that data is also being seen by the apps your friends use.
    These will include apps that a user did not individually grant permission to.
    Here, a checklist of options will appear when selected, and users can customise and restrict what non-authorised third-party apps can view.

CAPSLOCKSTUCK, May 6, 2019
Thema:

permissions of apps / and data downloads .

1. permissions of apps / and data downloads . - Similar Threads - permissions apps data

2. how to change app permissions to download apps not from store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change app permissions to download apps not from store: how to change app permissions to download apps not from store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-app-permissions-to-download-apps-not/9f03b3f0-6003-4b40-bbdf-60285f3c9ede
  3. how to change app permissions to download apps not from store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change app permissions to download apps not from store: how to change app permissions to download apps not from store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-app-permissions-to-download-apps-not/9f03b3f0-6003-4b40-bbdf-60285f3c9ede
  4. reset Microsoft permissions to download apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    reset Microsoft permissions to download apps: I accidently changed permission to download non -Microsoft apps and forgot where to go to change back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-microsoft-permissions-to-download-apps/a685ccb8-d6af-48f6-aa8f-acb27597bb49
  5. i want to permission to download certain apps and files

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    i want to permission to download certain apps and files: my laptop does not allow me to download certain apps. i need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-permission-to-download-certain-apps-and/bcc7b9ec-a72e-4e5f-92ed-976d20fae944
  6. Download permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download permissions: Hi, I am working on a new computer (although I had the same problem on my old computer). When I try to download new applications (or delete files) I get an error message that I need to contact my administrator. I am the only person who uses this machine and there are no other...
  7. App Permissions

App Permissions: <p>I have a small YouTube channel and record videos via screen recording software. On my Dell XPS 12 laptop (With Windows 10 Pro) I recently installed a software called ScreenRec that records screen videos as well as system audio and audio from the built-in microphone.&nbsp;...
  8. App Permissions

App Permissions: Why is it that when I like the look of an app and read the permissions granted to it I get the information below. It seems to allow every app access to everything even if it in not necessary for the correct function of the app. Surely the permissions should only relate to the...
  9. App permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    App permissions: Can I give a specific app permission to make changes to my computer without asking my permission every time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/app-permissions/dbce68ba-bbb8-4487-baeb-cc89b3e48527"
  10. Application Data permissions

in Windows 10 Support
    Application Data permissions: I was trying to look at C:\ProgramData\Application Data but got an "access is denied" exception. So I right-clicked and opened Application Data Properties/Security and tried to change the Administrator permissions, but after I checked the box for full permissions and then...