Windows 10: Permissions Problem in Network Sharing

Discus and support Permissions Problem in Network Sharing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The last Windows update completely destroyed my computer so I had to do a reset and reinstall all of my programs. The last remaining problem is with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DeannaDern, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Permissions Problem in Network Sharing

The last Windows update completely destroyed my computer so I had to do a reset and reinstall all of my programs. The last remaining problem is with network permissions/sharing.

The other two computers call them 2 and 3 in the office can see my computer and have full permissions. I can see #2 and have full permissions/sharing to that one. #2 can see and access shared files on #3. #3 can see #1 me and has full permissions/sharing. However, I #1 cannot access the shared folder on #3. I get the "you do not have permission to access" message. I have set full permissions to "everyone", "homegroup" and "homegroup users". So the only link that is not working is #1 to #3. I am certain that something changed in either the update or in the reset. Credentials? Computer names?

Summary:

#1 can access shared on #2

#2 can access shared on #1 and #3

#3 can access shared on #1 and #2

#1 cannot access shared on #3

Help, please!

[Original Title: Permissions]

:)

DeannaDern, Aug 26, 2020

2. Permission issue, shared drive Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can understand your concern. However, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. May I know the exact error message?
    2. Have you shared all hard drives or any particular folder within the particular hard drive?

Since you have mentioned that you are getting error related to permission issue, please refer to the troubleshooting steps provided by “Azee N” dated June 2nd 2010 on
    Providing permission to drive and try
    providing permission to the drive.

If the issue still persists, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to re-map the drive.

1. Disconnect the drive by right click on the drive and select disconnect (if the drive is mapped).
    2. Then re-map the drive by referring to Map a network drive
      and check if it resolves the issue.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Aug 26, 2020
  3. Ruz San Win User
    permissions

Hi,

Let's make sure that Public folder sharing is on in Network and Sharing Center. Follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Manage advanced sharing settings then press Enter.
    • Expand All Networks.
    • Under Public folder sharing, choose Turn on sharing so anyone with network access can read and write files in the Public folders.
    • Click on Save changes.

We also suggest you disable your antivirus software if you still encounter the error after following the steps above.

Let us know if the suggestions above help you in fixing the problem.

Regards.

Ruz San, Aug 26, 2020
  4. Gino Des Win User

Permissions Problem in Network Sharing

Permission to access network

Hi Kristen,

You might be experiencing this issue because you lost permission to access the network resource or shortcut after upgrading your computer. To better assist you with this problem, we would like to know the following information.

• Are you using the shortcut to access a file or folder located on another computer in the network?
    • Is the file or folder located on the computer that you recently upgraded?
    • What is the exact error message that you received when accessing the shortcut?
    • Are you using a homegroup to share files between devices on your local network?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, let's run the Network troubleshooter. This troubleshooter finds and fixes common connection problems. Here's how:

• Click Start.
    • Start typing Network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems
      in the results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

Permissions Problem in Network Sharing

1. Permissions Problem in Network Sharing - Similar Threads - Permissions Problem Network

2. no permission despite of sharing permission being ON; device not shown in Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    no permission despite of sharing permission being ON; device not shown in Network: 1... My 1st desktop uses Windows 10, and it has no problem sharing files with my MacBook or vice versa. My 2nd desktop uses Windows 10 Pro. Although file sharing is all on, files cannot be shared to any devices. 2... I have tried fixing this 2nd desktop for...
  3. Network Sharing Problem

Network Sharing Problem: Hi, I run Windows 10. I am having a lot of problems trying to set up an network with a computer using Windows 7. There is too many problems to list here at one time so I will start with one that I don't understand. 1. When I click on a hard drive an then right click on it...
  4. network sharing permissions

network sharing permissions: how to sharing drive and network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-sharing-permissions/bbbdb1da-460a-4ac0-a4b7-b4607c900698
  5. Permissions and sharing problems

Permissions and sharing problems: Hi, This is a 2 part question which derived from the same even, but I'll ask the more important question first. My main hard drive which has windows installed suddenly died so I replaced it, reinstalled everything including Windows 10 pro again. I have 4 other HDD's...
  6. Network sharing problem

Network sharing problem: Hi. I am trying to connect three home computers so they all see and share folders & files. I am almost there (I like to think), but have come up with a problem I haven't been able to solve yet. There are two PCs running Windows 7 and a laptop running Windows 10 (all Home...
  7. Network sharing problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Network sharing problem: Hi. I am trying to connect three home computers so they all see and share folders & files. I am almost there (I like to think), but have come up with a problem I haven't been able to solve yet. There are two PCs running Windows 7 and a laptop running Windows 10 (all Home...
  8. Problem with network sharing

Problem with network sharing: Hi all, I am having a small problem with sharing files from this PC to other devices. What happens is that every time I restart the PC the other devices on the network can no longer access it's shared folders. Using the netstat /ano command I can see that port 445 is not...
  9. Shared folder permission problem

Shared folder permission problem: I have 3 PCs on my Windows 10 home network (2 wired desktops running Win10 Pro and a wireless laptop running Win10 Home). All are on the same Workgroup, and I log into all of them with the same Microsoft account, verified on all machines. I have shared some folders on PC...
  10. Backup and Restore Network Shares and Permissions in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Network Shares and Permissions in Windows: How to: Backup and Restore Network Shares and Permissions in Windows How to Backup and Restore Network Shares and Permissions in Windows domain. You can set the permissions of a shared file or folder to allow groups or users to have a read only, change (modify), or...