Windows 10: Permissions problem running some troubleshooters from Settings

Discus and support Permissions problem running some troubleshooters from Settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, if I try to run some troubleshooters from Settings, I receive a permissions error. If I run the same troubleshooter from the Control Panel, it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dalchina, Dec 18, 2018.

1. dalchina Win User

Permissions problem running some troubleshooters from Settings

Hi, if I try to run some troubleshooters from Settings, I receive a permissions error.
    If I run the same troubleshooter from the Control Panel, it's fine.

Example:

Permissions problem running some troubleshooters from Settings [​IMG]

Permissions problem running some troubleshooters from Settings [​IMG]

msdt.exe is the process in question here, but I've seen the same happen with others.

This started in 1709, and I recently upgraded to 1809- I hope that might resolve this, but no.

It seems account specific, and does not happen in another account.

Others have reported the same symptom:
    Windows 10 Troubleshoot cant run - Microsoft Community

Windows 10 Troubleshooter - cannot access msdt.exe - Spiceworks

I've yet to find a 'solved' report.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

:)

dalchina, Dec 18, 2018

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Dec 18, 2018
  3. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Dec 18, 2018
  4. Permissions problem running some troubleshooters from Settings

Unable to open documents due to permission error

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to know whether you have signed in to the Administrators account.

I suggest you to sign out from the current account, restart the computer and log in with Administrators account and

check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to refer to the steps below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then click
      Properties.
    • Tap or click the Security tab.
    • Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.
    To open a file, you have to have the Read permission. To change the permissions of a file or folder, follow these steps.

Important You must be logged on as an administrator to change permissions on files and folders.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then tap or click
      Properties.
    • Tap or click the Security tab.
    • Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.
    • Tap or click Edit, tap or click your name, select the check boxes for the permissions that you must have, and then click
      OK.
    For the Printer issue: I suggest you to run printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Printer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

Permissions problem running some troubleshooters from Settings

1. Permissions problem running some troubleshooters from Settings - Similar Threads - Permissions problem running

2. How to troubleshoot this problem, while I already run troubleshoot!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to troubleshoot this problem, while I already run troubleshoot!: Hy before i am using windows 10 which is officially licensed, today i get official update of windows 11 and i updated my laptop to windows 11. After this windows 11 is not active and got problem error like 0x803fa067.... Plz any recommendations...
  3. How to troubleshoot this problem, while I already run troubleshoot!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to troubleshoot this problem, while I already run troubleshoot!: Hy before i am using windows 10 which is officially licensed, today i get official update of windows 11 and i updated my laptop to windows 11. After this windows 11 is not active and got problem error like 0x803fa067.... Plz any recommendations...
  4. Can't run troubleshooter because "some of these settings are managed by your organization"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't run troubleshooter because "some of these settings are managed by your organization": Recently I have been having issues using many settings inside windows on multiple different devices, for example the troubleshooter due to my PCs being managed by an unknown organization. I am not signed into any school or work account on my PC. The PC I use most of the time...
  5. Can't run troubleshooter because "some of these settings are managed by your organization"

Can't run troubleshooter because "some of these settings are managed by your organization": Recently I have been having issues using many settings inside windows on multiple different devices, for example the troubleshooter due to my PCs being managed by an unknown organization. I am not signed into any school or work account on my PC. The PC I use most of the time...
  6. "App Permissions" are disabled in Settings: "*Some settings are managed by an administrator"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "App Permissions" are disabled in Settings: "*Some settings are managed by an administrator": I'm running Windows 10 Home v22H2. I go into Settings > Privacy > Location and it says "Location for this device is off". The "Change" button is grayed out. There's a red warning above it that says: "*Some settings are managed by an administrator". I don't have an...
  7. "App Permissions" are disabled in Settings: "*Some settings are managed by an administrator"

"App Permissions" are disabled in Settings: "*Some settings are managed by an administrator": I'm running Windows 10 Home v22H2. I go into Settings > Privacy > Location and it says "Location for this device is off". The "Change" button is grayed out. There's a red warning above it that says: "*Some settings are managed by an administrator". I don't have an...
  8. "App Permissions" are disabled in Settings: "*Some settings are managed by an administrator"

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Permissions required for some settings all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Support
    Permissions required for some settings all of a sudden: All of a sudden I am blocked out of using some settings in my Windows 10 Pro Build 1909 system. I get an error: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item" For instance, I can't enter the...
  10. Is there a permissions support troubleshooter?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is there a permissions support troubleshooter?: I vaguely recall that Windows support was able to help run permissions repairs on user accounts. Is this service or utility available somewhere? A music notation program that I use doesn't hold my preferences, and that company's support tells me this is a Windows permission...