Windows 10: Permissions problems accessing windows settings

Discus and support Permissions problems accessing windows settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For a couple months already I have been unable to access basic settings trough windows, like troubleshooting an Ethernet or accessing Advanced display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Stinky Pikachu, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Permissions problems accessing windows settings

For a couple months already I have been unable to access basic settings trough windows, like troubleshooting an Ethernet or accessing Advanced display settings, every attempt has led me to an error (see attachment bellow) telling me I do not have the right permissions, the cause to this is to me most likely linked to TrustedInstaller, now I changed the owner of the disk, windows folder, system32 folder to administrator and removed trusted installer, but it never worked, not even removing trusted installer and giving administrators full control over the specific files did the trick. Being locked away from most of window's advanced settings has been really crippling and so far nothing I have seen on the internet has been really helpful, any ideas? Thanks in advance! I added a couple attachments to some errors I came across browsing the settings.

:)

Stinky Pikachu, Mar 16, 2020

2. cannot access file/or permissions

I have a file i need to run on Windows 7 Home Premium. I get the error message saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

So I right click and choose Properties to access the permissions but I cannot. In the Security tab I get a message saying, " You do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings.".

Next I boot into the Windows 7 Hidden Administrator Mode - and even with this I get all the same error messages.

Please help me as I really need to run This file.

John Phoenix, Mar 16, 2020
  3. j.col70 Win User
    j.col70, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Permissions problems accessing windows settings

Cannot access path, no permission

Hello cgherman, my name is Irisdiel and I am an independent advisor.

I suggest you follow the instructions down below and visit the link I have provided for you to follow more solutions in case method 1 doesn't help.

The causes of your problem may be:

-You do not have permissions to the file or the file location.

-The file is on a location that is not currently accessible like a network location or an external drive that is not currently connected to the PC.

-The file has been moved or deleted.

-The file or shortcut is corrupt.

-The file may be blocked by Windows.

-Your antivirus software may be blocking the file.

Method 1: Check the permission of the file or folder

-Right-click the file or folder, and then select Properties.

-Select the Security tab.

-Under Group or User names, click your name to see the permissions you have. (The screenshot for this step is listed below).

-Select Edit, and then select to check the check boxes for the permissions that you need, and then select OK. (The screenshot for this step is listed below).

Refer to:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/266924...

Hope this helps!

Thank you and good luck,

Regards- .

Irisdiel H, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

Permissions problems accessing windows settings

1. Permissions problems accessing windows settings - Similar Threads - Permissions problems accessing

2. Windows 11 - access permissions problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - access permissions problems: What happened to Windows 11 with file/folder permissions?From nothing i am getting permissions denied to open my files, can´t move folders from desktop or files for example...I copy an txt file to my NAS, and now i can´t open it...so bizarre and annoying.I check my user, is...
  3. Windows 11 - access permissions problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - access permissions problems: What happened to Windows 11 with file/folder permissions?From nothing i am getting permissions denied to open my files, can´t move folders from desktop or files for example...I copy an txt file to my NAS, and now i can´t open it...so bizarre and annoying.I check my user, is...
  4. User permission setting problem on Win10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User permission setting problem on Win10: Hi! I need some help about set permission rules for a user account on win10 in my network. Here are my questions: Is there any possibility to read out, or to show , export for later import any user credentials or access in win10? Our windows are deployed with MS AutoPilot...
  5. Problem Accessing OneDrive's Setting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem Accessing OneDrive's Setting: I cannot access SETTINGS on One Drive to make a change. The settings link does not activate when I click on ' Help and Settings ' on the Icon. One Drive syncing has been paused. Is this the problem ? I want to disable auto storage to one drive [Original Title: One Drive]...
  6. Problem with ease of access setting in Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with ease of access setting in Windows: [ATTACH] I have the latest version of Windows 10 and I have to change something in keyboard setting in ease of access but there no keyboard or mouse setting in ease of access. I tried reinstalling keyboard drivers. When I searched for the setting it showed up but when I...
  7. user permission settings and access control setup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    user permission settings and access control setup: hi ! i am vamsi. my dad is setting up a small company and me and my dad had brought laptops, the issue is he wanted me to set up the laptop such that user cannot modify the OS and the system should ask the admin permission whenever they are trying to install software of any...
  8. Do not have permission to access a set of files

in Windows 10 Support
    Do not have permission to access a set of files: There is a set of Jpeg files that I can't get access to. When I attempt to open one the photos app gives me a message saying "It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again" I have changed the permissions by going to...
  9. failed to set access permissions for ERROR

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    failed to set access permissions for ERROR: Hi i have this error while running a program and i have tried run as administrator but didnt work what the problem? http://www.upsara.com/images/m663203_.png...
  10. set permissions so that everyone cannot access

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    set permissions so that everyone cannot access: I have shared HDD in work group using win 10,,,,HDD contained folders....On some folders i want to set permissions so that everyone cannot access to it???Can anyone help me 93704