Windows 10: Permissions screwed after KB3116908 update

Discus and support Permissions screwed after KB3116908 update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Problem: After update KB3116908 yesterday puter reboots and.. 1, Desktop background image gone and colour changed to black. 2, A couple of smaller... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Slarti, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Slarti Win User

Permissions screwed after KB3116908 update

Problem: After update KB3116908 yesterday puter reboots and..
    1, Desktop background image gone and colour changed to black.
    2, A couple of smaller programs/tools un-installed, but re install and run fine.
    Trivial I know but more serious...
    3, Apache which ran OK before update can't start because ports 80 & 443 are in use?
    [not by skype, I know about skype, and IIS / World Wide Publishing Service or what ever it called these days is not running either]
    4, DW fails to start with Error 16??

A little digging and I find a workaround, run them as Administrator. Apache now runs and serves pages, and I don't have an problems saving files in DW.

But I shouldn't have to run any of them "as Administrator" and how many more programs will I find with the same problem.

At the moment everything else seems to be OK. Nas OK shares with an Android Tv box setup and working fine, no problems with any hardware [as far as I know]

A lot others are having the same problem according to Google but I've not found an answer yet

I am Logged in on an Administrator account in case you ask.
    History if it helps.
    Upgraded from 8.1 a month ago
    Ran dual boot 7 + 10 until I got 10 running the way I like and all programs installed and running OK
    Ditched 7 and moved 10 to my boot SSD two days ago, was very happy until the KB3116908 update.

My system tells me that the OS Version is 1511 Build 10586.17 and that the original Install Date was 06/12/2015, 13:21:42 but it wasn't, it was over a month ago.

I read that KB3116908 was a major update so not keen as yet to uninstall it, do we have any say on updates yet??

Permissions seem to be screwed up so any help greatly appreciated.

:)

Slarti, Dec 6, 2015

2. kb3116908

After installing kb3116908 through automatic updates wlan autoconfig service intermittently stops. I can restart the service but it stops again after acouple of minutes.

I unistalled kb3116908 and the problem was resolved. What do I need to do. Do I disable automatic updates as kb3116908 will probably be reinstalled

hughcleland, Dec 6, 2015
  3. Hakav Win User
    kb3116908 x64 for win10 update failed with error code 0x800F0922

I haved install kb3116908 via windows update .after reboot,update will failed at 87% and rollback update .

I also try thease and failed:

1.install kb3116908 manual;

2.delete all files in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download and reinstall;

Hakav, Dec 6, 2015
Thema:

Permissions screwed after KB3116908 update

1. Permissions screwed after KB3116908 update - Similar Threads - Permissions screwed KB3116908

2. Permissions seem to be screwed up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Permissions seem to be screwed up: My sole-use Windows 10 system seems to be screwed up. I am getting various manifestations of being unable to access files that I own. I can access anything in safe mode, but not when I log in with my normal user name which has administrator rights. The files affected all show...
  3. Sound getting screwed up after Updating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound getting screwed up after Updating: Hi everyone... I'm having a very annoying problem recently. I noticed that after an automatic update from windows my sound is getting messed up, as you can listen here and here. These are the sounds when I try to change the volume of my pc and do the testing option of the...
  4. WindowsApps permissions screw up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WindowsApps permissions screw up: Hey, so recently I was trying to install a shader mod to my Halo MCC, and this required me to access its binary exe in WindowsApps. I am not too skilled with stuff this deep in computers WindowsApps does not let me access it, so I tried to give myself permission. I went into...
  5. Update screw up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update screw up: My Laptop did the Windows update about two months ago and ever since then I have not been able to sign into my Laptop and have it save anything. It says Unable to sign you into your account, you are signed in with a temporary account and your information will not be saved....
  6. KB3116908 update failed. Had to use IE to download. REALLY MS??

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB3116908 update failed. Had to use IE to download. REALLY MS??: Just a rant here. After multiple failures with a failure in the cumulative Windows 10 update KB3116908. The "fix" to delete entries in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download didn't work. So I found the manual download link. Failed in Chrome. Says I need IE. So I...
  7. Windows Update KB3116908

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update KB3116908: I'm running Windows 10 (Factory Installed With Microsoft Edge) A Windows Update #KB3116908 was installed during the night and when I woke up this morning my homepage stopped opening in full screen mode... It always did, now it doesn't, I have to use the increase size icon to...
  8. MS apps screwed up after updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS apps screwed up after updates: Anyone having issues with MS app updates tonight? Loads updated such as news, weather, solitaire. They all appear to launch ok but as soon as we switch to another user they refuse to launch. Store prompts reinstall to repair but that doesn't then download. Seems MS has...
  9. Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3116908)

in Windows 10 News
    Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3116908): Information: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3116908 [img]
  10. Icons are screwed after install

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons are screwed after install: After installing Win10 on my desktop pc (which went without a hitch) all of my icons were screwed up. None of my icons are showing up properly. I get just the blank page icon (see below). None of Start Menu icons are right either. I've deleted and rebuilt the icon cache...
Tags: