Windows 10: Permissions to folder for local group Administrators not functional in Windows 10

Discus and support Permissions to folder for local group Administrators not functional in Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, my Win 10 not assigned to AD domain is on system partition C: and I have data partition F: My account is member of local group Administrators.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PeterSkvarka, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Permissions to folder for local group Administrators not functional in Windows 10

Hello,

my Win 10 not assigned to AD domain is on system partition C: and I have data partition F:

My account is member of local group Administrators.

I 'd like to have access to F: only for Administrators and SYSTEM. So I removed Users group in root F: .

When permissions applied to all content of F: then my account has access denied to F:

I think it is weird behavior because I have F: permissions:

SYSTEM

Administrators

The owner of F: is my account.

My account is member of Administrators

When I check effective permission for my account then it is correct - I have Full control.

Can you please explain this behavior ?

:)

PeterSkvarka, Dec 31, 2018
  2. Kris Ver Win User

I dont get administrative permissions to a specific folder.

Hi Nathan,

Problems accessing files may be related to permissions. Permissions are rules associated with files and folders that determine whether you can access them or make changes to them. To check the permission of the file or folder, follow these steps:

• Right-click the file or folder, and then click Properties.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions you have.
    To open a file, you need to have read permission. To change permissions on a file or folder, follow these steps:

• Right-click the file or folder, and then tap or click Properties.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions you have.
    • Click Edit, then select the check boxes for the permissions that you need. Tap or click OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Kris Ver, Dec 31, 2018
  3. Folder won't open due to permission issue

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I understand your concern. Let me help you.

I suggest you to sign out from the current account, restart the computer and log in with Administrators account and

check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to refer to the steps below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then click
      Properties.

• Tap or click the Security tab.

• Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.

To open a file, you have to have the Read permission. To change the permissions of a file or folder, follow these steps.

Important you must be logged on as an administrator to change permissions on files and folders.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then tap or click
      Properties.

• Tap or click the Security tab.

• Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.

• Tap or click Edit, tap or click your name, select the check boxes for the permissions that you must have, and then click
      OK.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us with more information and we’d be happy to help.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Dec 31, 2018
  4. Permissions to folder for local group Administrators not functional in Windows 10

Folder Permissions Remove System

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let me answer your query on Windows 10.

Please be informed that you cannot remove the system entry, However you can add/remove permission for a particular user.

The Group or user name section lists all the accounts on the computer. If you want to prevent a user to accessing the folder, you may deny/remove all permission for that particular user.

The system account and the administrator account (Administrators group) have the same file privileges, but they have different functions. The system account is used by the operating system and by services that run under Windows.

I suggest you not to remove permissions for SYSTEM entry.

Hope the information helps, do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

Permissions to folder for local group Administrators not functional in Windows 10

1. Permissions to folder for local group Administrators not functional in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Permissions folder local

2. Local Administrators Group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Administrators Group: Hi All,I have maybe a idiot question but I'm trying to get which administrator account is responsible to adding another account into the local administrators group.I tried to filtered the information on the event log ID ID 4728, 4732, 4746, 4751, 4756, 4761 but I don't find...
  3. Local Administrators Group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Administrators Group: Hi All,I have maybe a idiot question but I'm trying to get which administrator account is responsible to adding another account into the local administrators group.I tried to filtered the information on the event log ID ID 4728, 4732, 4746, 4751, 4756, 4761 but I don't find...
  4. Local Administrators Group

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to assign permissions to local security groups in Windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to assign permissions to local security groups in Windows 10?: Hi, I need to sometimes create security groups for file permissions. But is there a way to assign other permissions to security groups? Eg. the administrators group can run as administrator without passwordThanks....
  6. Windows 10 Local Administrators Group AND Active Directory Domain Admins Group

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Local Administrators Group AND Active Directory Domain Admins Group: Is there a justification to add the domain admins group into the local Windows 10 administrators group. There seems to be a risk here or at least one risk anyway with adding these elevated accounts. We have the local administrator account enabled and are using LAPS to...
  7. Administrative Templates folder missing in Local Group Policy Editor.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Administrative Templates folder missing in Local Group Policy Editor.: Whenever I run gpedit.msc there is no Administrative Templates folder, instead there is a strange folder with no name with a bunch of broken folders on. Please help. https://reddit.com/link/h8ajv6/video/h8xxi4x8ep451/player submitted by /u/Pippin_42 [link] [comments]...
  8. Why need an User of "Administrator" group Administration permission?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why need an User of "Administrator" group Administration permission?: Assume I work as user "peter". This User is member of Group Administrator. Now I want to edit and SAVE a simple text file in folder C:\Program Files (X86)\someprogramm\ When I try to save it on the original place (=overwrite the existing one) the Win10 tells me something...
  9. account in the Local Administrators group

in Windows 10 Customization
    account in the Local Administrators group: I am unable to create Account in the Local Administrators group I have tried power shell but not worked checked YouTube for creating in but got no help. What should I do...
  10. Apply Local Group Policy to Administrators in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Apply Local Group Policy to Administrators in Windows 10: How to: Apply Local Group Policy to Administrators in Windows 10 How to Apply Local Group Policy to Administrators in Windows 10 [img] Information The Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) is a Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in that provides a single user...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to securty folder for only administrators

2. change permissions on local group windwos 10

3. 2019 member of local administrators permission denied