Windows 10: Permissions won't change/save on any folders in both C and E drive.

Discus and support Permissions won't change/save on any folders in both C and E drive. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I did a fresh install of Win10 x64. I've tried various solutions but none work icacls, various "Advanced Security Settings" changes, creating a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jiggywatt, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Jiggywatt Win User

Permissions won't change/save on any folders in both C and E drive.

I did a fresh install of Win10 x64. I've tried various solutions but none work icacls, various "Advanced Security Settings" changes, creating a new user profile.

Permissions won't change/save on any folders in both C and E drive. 4a146db3-c6b8-48af-9702-26c1321efd1c?upload=true.png

Every single folder has this square checkmark even empty test folders and will revert back if I uncheck it. A lot of programs struggle saving preferences, accessing things, etc.

I'm even considering reinstalling windows but I'm hoping for a better solution.

:)

Jiggywatt, Jan 24, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

You don't have permissions to save in this folder

Which folder are you trying to save to?

If you aren't using the true administrator there will be certainly places you can't save to, or even access unless you manually change the security permissions to allow yourself access.

newtekie1, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Change File/Folder Permission en masse

This means that your %path% variable is damaged. You have two options:

• Add the folder C:\Windows\System32 to your path via the Control Panel / System / Advanced; or
    • Use this modified sequence of commands to fix the permissions problem:

cd /d c:\Windows\System32

takeown /f E:\ /R

cacls E:\ /t /c /g everyone:F

Frederik Long, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Permissions won't change/save on any folders in both C and E drive.

You don't have permission to save in this location.....

carsonwayne, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

Permissions won't change/save on any folders in both C and E drive.

1. Permissions won't change/save on any folders in both C and E drive. - Similar Threads - Permissions won't change

2. Why am I getting double drives, E:/E: same folders in both?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I getting double drives, E:/E: same folders in both?: I have two E: drives and two F: drives exactly the same https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-getting-double-drives-ee-same-folders-in/6a1a17be-092a-4ab4-8237-8c50fb604d9b
  3. Documents Folder Empty in both This PC and C Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents Folder Empty in both This PC and C Drive: Hi,On my old PC, the documents folder is now empty on both This PC and the C drive despite me not deleting anything from the device. I have checked the Recycle Bin as I don't delete anything out of there until I know for sure that I don't need it anymore and nothing from the...
  4. Documents Folder Empty in both This PC and C Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Documents Folder Empty in both This PC and C Drive: Hi,On my old PC, the documents folder is now empty on both This PC and the C drive despite me not deleting anything from the device. I have checked the Recycle Bin as I don't delete anything out of there until I know for sure that I don't need it anymore and nothing from the...
  5. Documents Folder Empty in both This PC and C Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Windows C drive and E drive folder generated Automatically

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows C drive and E drive folder generated Automatically: Assalamu Alaikum.I am a windows 10 home user. I recently found that 3 folder automatically was generated in E drive associated with windows. At the very first when i bought it they were not there.The files are Wpsystem and windows appsAgain in C drive 4-5 folder has been...
  7. Shortcut for folder on E drive to desktop on C drive

Shortcut for folder on E drive to desktop on C drive: Hi guys, This is a little complicated I think. My C Driver is a 250GB SSD while my E Drive is a 500GB HDD. If I transfer folder from C onto E can I then create a shortcut for that folder to appear on C's desktop I am using the SSD for Windows 10 Professional while the HDD...
  8. C drive permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    C drive permissions: Any software or games I install, I install them in the default location C. if I am playing a game, the save files of the game by default gets saved in documents. Ever since updating windows, any software or game that tries to save something in documents is showing error. As...
  9. C drive suddenly changed to E drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C drive suddenly changed to E drive: The computer wouldn't boot, after checking in the Command Prompt it became clear that the C drive was now the E drive. The computer won't boot (or even open in Safe Mode). What happened? How can this be fixed?...
  10. Changing permissions on folders under C:\ProgramData

Changing permissions on folders under C:\ProgramData: I am unable to change permissions on the Folder C:\ProgramData\NVIDA Corporation to allow Modify and/or Full control in order to let NVIDIA Control Panel settings to be saved! This is in Windows 10 Professional. I have run File Explorer as administrator! I require some...