Windows 10: Permissions

Discus and support Permissions in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I stop this box continually appearing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permissions/00eafebf-e463-4614-9c56-4221032e94a4 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by john3650, Dec 4, 2022.

1. john3650 Win User

Permissions

How do I stop this box continually appearing?

:)

john3650, Dec 4, 2022

2. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Dec 4, 2022
  3. Restore Security Permissions

Hello Deepak,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have cancelled the security permissions while setting it to folders and you are trying to restore back. We will help you.

• Which folder are you trying to set the permissions?
    • What are you referring to " files is affected "?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open the file explorer and select the destination folder
      for which you wanted to revert back the permission changes.
    • Right click on the folder. Select the Previous versions
      tab.
    • Select the previous version in the below list and click
      apply
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 4, 2022
  4. Bree Win User

Permissions

Permission issue

Presumably because TrustedInstaller is the owner (hence you need its permission), suggesting that img3.jpg was installed by Windows at some time.

Presumably that also means it can be uninstalled. How did you get it in the first place? Where is it located?

If you really want to delete it yourself, then taking ownership would seem a logical first step.

Bree, Dec 4, 2022
Thema:

Permissions

1. Permissions - Similar Threads - Permissions

2. How to factory reset including wiping my hard drive completely without admin permissions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to factory reset including wiping my hard drive completely without admin permissions.: So I don't have admin permissions on my current account and endless there is a way to switch admin permissions from the guest account to my other account without admin then I could do that. Here is a bit of a log from command prompt. Windows 11C:\Users\super>net user User...
  3. How to factory reset including wiping my hard drive completely without admin permissions.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to factory reset including wiping my hard drive completely without admin permissions.: So I don't have admin permissions on my current account and endless there is a way to switch admin permissions from the guest account to my other account without admin then I could do that. Here is a bit of a log from command prompt. Windows 11C:\Users\super>net user User...
  4. Unable to change NTFS permissions regardless of Full Control access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to change NTFS permissions regardless of Full Control access: HelloThere's a folder on a server to which I have full control permissions. I need to add new security group to the folder. It should inherit permissions from parent folder, but it doesn't, I receive message " Failed to enumerate... Access denied". I have tried to add the...
  5. when clicking a link in outlook, edge advises the user is not granted permission to sign in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    when clicking a link in outlook, edge advises the user is not granted permission to sign in: Exactly as it says on the tin! When clicking on any link in Outlook, Edge tries to sign in but advises "The user is not granted permission to sign in" > However when the GPO Setting/Registry setting to sign browser in is enabled, it makes no difference. Edge is the latest...
  6. when clicking a link in outlook, edge advises the user is not granted permission to sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when clicking a link in outlook, edge advises the user is not granted permission to sign in: Exactly as it says on the tin! When clicking on any link in Outlook, Edge tries to sign in but advises "The user is not granted permission to sign in" > However when the GPO Setting/Registry setting to sign browser in is enabled, it makes no difference. Edge is the latest...
  7. when clicking a link in outlook, edge advises the user is not granted permission to sign in

8. My system asks my for my own permission and denies it on my behalf

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My system asks my for my own permission and denies it on my behalf: I didn't know how to explain this, sorry for the confusing title.The thing is that I've been trying to delete my "windows.old" folder for the whole morning now and so far I've been able to go through most security barriers but at this point this is just an error. At first, it...
  9. My system asks my for my own permission and denies it on my behalf

My system asks my for my own permission and denies it on my behalf: I didn't know how to explain this, sorry for the confusing title.The thing is that I've been trying to delete my "windows.old" folder for the whole morning now and so far I've been able to go through most security barriers but at this point this is just an error. At first, it...
  10. My system asks my for my own permission and denies it on my behalf

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing