Windows 10: Persian Characters in file names

Discus and support Persian Characters in file names in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How to allow persian letters to be displayed in file names in Microsoft? like گ or چ or پ or ڨ My PC accepts Arabic as it is my native language, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by моLтзи мзтaL, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Persian Characters in file names

How to allow persian letters to be displayed in file names in Microsoft? like گ or چ or پ or ڨ

My PC accepts Arabic as it is my native language, but I need some characters from the Persian as well since the alphabets of the two languages are very similar.

I DON'T want Persian as a language to be added, just to accept to rename a file or an image with those characters included.

:)

моLтзи мзтaL, Sep 2, 2020

2. Cannot type in Persian language

Hello community,

Recently I have issues with Persian language in Internet Explorer 11.

I can type in Persian in address bar, but not in any web form. It shows Latin characters instead of Persian.

I have reinstalled Persian language and installed the language pack, but problem is not solved.

Other browsers (Edge, Firefox and Chrome) work just fine. Office products too.

Any suggestions?

Regards

Omid

Omid Shojaee, Sep 2, 2020
  3. MRISAK Win User
    Searching file names using wild characters

In searching File Explorer (Win10) the wild character "?" doesn't seem to work when searching for a file name. e.g. "?E1" doesn't produce a list of files having E1 as 2nd & 3rd character in file names. Used to work beautifully in Win 7.

MRISAK, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Ray282828 Win User

Persian Characters in file names

File name length & permissible characters and Access right of OneDrive

I am using OneDrive every day and it works good. However it cannot replace SSD or Hard disk. I have a no of difficulties and seeking advice to minimize the impact on use.

• What is the max characters of a file name including sub-folders in between?
    • Is there any restriction of permissible characters for the file name including language such as Japanese, Chinese, etc.?
    • How can I set the access right of allowable file placement but cannot erase any files?

Thanks and regards!

Ray282828, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Persian Characters in file names

1. Persian Characters in file names - Similar Threads - Persian Characters file

2. What characters are not permitted in a file name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What characters are not permitted in a file name: I accidentally saved a file that contained an = in the file name. I was surprised that File Explorer didn't reject it. I then tried the characters ! and ? ! was OK, ? was rejected. I'd like to know if there are other permitted characters. What is the rationale for what is...
  3. What characters are not permitted in a file name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What characters are not permitted in a file name: I accidentally saved a file that contained an = in the file name. I was surprised that File Explorer didn't reject it. I then tried the characters ! and ? ! was OK, ? was rejected. I'd like to know if there are other permitted characters. What is the rationale for what is...
  4. What characters are not permitted in a file name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how i can fix persian file name problem in win10

how i can fix persian file name problem in win10: I have been using Windows 10 for years؛ But recently when I bought a new system, I faced a new problem. This problem is related to the way Persian titles are displayed in the folder or file name. The title is broken and The parts of the folder or file name are separated.how i...
  6. how i can fix persian file name problem in win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how i can fix persian file name problem in win10: I have been using Windows 10 for years؛ But recently when I bought a new system, I faced a new problem. This problem is related to the way Persian titles are displayed in the folder or file name. The title is broken and The parts of the folder or file name are separated.how i...
  7. Special characters in file names

Special characters in file names: Hi, since this morning out of a blue any of my files that contains special character Norwegian letters or files that stored in a folder that contains special character can not be seen in the preview pane, only an error message "File not found" is shown.Is there any setting to...
  8. Special characters in file names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Special characters in file names: Hi, since this morning out of a blue any of my files that contains special character Norwegian letters or files that stored in a folder that contains special character can not be seen in the preview pane, only an error message "File not found" is shown.Is there any setting to...
  9. Special characters in file names

10. Chinese Character in Names of Zipped Files

Chinese Character in Names of Zipped Files: Hi, I'm a translator and get sent a lot of files containing Chinese characters in the file name. If these files are sent to me in a zip folder, the file names get all messed up, e.g. "δ--⌐ε½.doc", after unzipping. Is there some way to stop this from happening? Do I need to...