Windows 10: Persistant BSODs & Audio Driver Issues

Discus and support Persistant BSODs & Audio Driver Issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having around 1-2 BSODs per week from the CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION error on a PC I've built and I'm not sure how to fix it. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GageO'Connor, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Persistant BSODs & Audio Driver Issues

Hello, I've been having around 1-2 BSODs per week from the CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION error on a PC I've built and I'm not sure how to fix it. I've gone through with many troubleshooting tips and haven't seen to crack exactly what the issue is. I believe it's related to my audio drivers or lack thereof. Whenever the BSOD occurs, I notice that myHID-compliant headset in the Device Manager is unable to start. It could be memory related, but I ran Memtest86 and it didn't find anything. The only thing I've changed in my BIOS is setting the default RAM speeds to the provided DOCP profile.

I've tried installing the Realtek Audio Drivers from my MOBO's website, but they never appear visible in the device manager. I'm hoping someone can give me some insight into the problem. Thank you!

Other Things I've Tried:

1. Clean reinstall of Win10, including full wipe of all drives. I'm also on the latest version as of today 1/21/2020.
    2. Updated my chipset driver, ethernet driver, graphics card.
    3. Recently ran through 4 cycles of MemTestx86 free. It ran for around 5 hours with 0 errors found.
    4. Checked the Device Manager for any suspect drivers. the HID-compliantheadset driver specifically would stop working whenever the BSOD occurs. I've tried updating as well as flat-out disabling it.
    5. I've ran through user-benchmark and my setup performs as expected 53 percentile. My RAM in particular is considered below expectations, running in at 30th percentile
    6. I've taken a look at the .dmps with bluescreenview, but I've only been able to discern that it's from hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe which are both essential components. The real issue may be obfuscated by this.
    7. I've tried the Win10 Driver Verifier, but that caused the PC to be unable to load and I had to go back to a restore point.

System Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor

Motherboard: Asus PRIME X570-PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB 2 x 8 GB DDR4-3600 Memory

Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB GAMING **** Card

Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Current BIOS: 0602

AMD Chipset: 19.10.16

DMP Files on Google Drive
    Drivers visible from DriverView

:)

GageO'Connor, Jan 26, 2020

2. Audio Issues and Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

According to the issue description, the issue is related to audio recording. I suggest you to try troubleshooting recording audio and check if it helps:

I suggest you to run the Recording Audio
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Recording Audio.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    If issue persist, try installing audio driver in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the audio driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’
      and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Hope this information helps. Please post back with the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jan 26, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 audio driver issue

Hi Hani,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Perform playing audio Troubleshoot.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2: Updating the Audio drivers.

Try updating the Audio drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

2. Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

3. Right-click on the Sound card and click on Update driver software.

4. Restart the computer and check.

Refer the link below and check if it helps.

No sound in Windows.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/no-sound-help#no-sound=windows-8&v1h=win8tab4&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 26, 2020
  4. Persistant BSODs & Audio Driver Issues

Dolby Audio driver

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • When are you facing this issue with the drivers?
    • Have you installed all the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website for current operating system?

I suggest you to uninstall the existing Audio drivers, download the latest drivers for your device and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Audio driver.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on the driver and click on
      Uninstall.

Step 2: I suggest you to manually install the latest audio drivers and check.

Download the latest drivers from: Lenovo Support for g500

Select the driver and operating system to download.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa to install the latest driver:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

Persistant BSODs & Audio Driver Issues

1. Persistant BSODs & Audio Driver Issues - Similar Threads - Persistant BSODs Audio

2. Persistent BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent BSOD: I have been trying to track down the cause of a persistent blue screen issue for several weeks now and have been unsuccessful. It initially started as blue screens whenever I would play games on my computer. The stop code was WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, and I could not get my...
  3. Persistent BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Persistent BSOD: I have been trying to track down the cause of a persistent blue screen issue for several weeks now and have been unsuccessful. It initially started as blue screens whenever I would play games on my computer. The stop code was WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, and I could not get my...
  4. Persistent Audio Issues Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Persistent Audio Issues Windows 10: (Posting this on behalf of my husband so I can get audio working on my puter for video gamessss!) I am running 64-bit Windows 10 Home Build 19042 on a Gigabyte 970A-UD3P (rev. 2.x) with the latest BIOS version (FC) and Realtek HD Audio Driver (Version 8447) from this...
  5. Persistent BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Persistent BSOD: Hello, I'm having some difficulties with my Windows 10 enterprise version 2004 on my Dell XPS 15 9560 machine. I've experienced BSOD's on startup and shutdown. Most of them seem to be related to "usbxhci.sys". I've tried windows clean reset and update all drivers but the...
  6. Persistent BSOD

Persistent BSOD: Hello, On my Dell XPS 15 9560, running Windows 10 Enterprise version 2004, I've experienced random BSOD's the last couple of months. However I've not been successful in repairing it. The BSOD appears even after clean install and updating all drivers to latest versions. Help...
  7. Persistent issues with BSODS

Persistent issues with BSODS: I have had BSODS since December with a PC I had built in November, after losing my whole setup to a coolant leak. The person who built it investigated my issues pretty poorly and just replaced the RAM when I reported the BSODS to him. So I’m just trying to solve things on my...
  8. Having a persistant BSOD, driver?

Having a persistant BSOD, driver?: Some of the more common .sys failures have been memory management, page fault in non paged area, and system thread exemption. Here are my last three dumps from BSOD with driver verifer. What could it be? https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am6BBY7_cSPFixXvqFjabE1GHfwd...
  9. Persistent BSOD

Persistent BSOD: First my apologies for not providing a log file with my post. I'm unable to run the tool that is provided in the Posting Instructions thread on the affected machine, because I can't get it to boot regularly, into safe mode or even into the recovery partition of the hard...
  10. Persistent BSOD issues

Persistent BSOD issues: Over the past year, I've had recurring issues with BSOD on my laptop, which have proven beyond my abilities to deal with. I've even tried resetting my computer to no effect. Recently (starting from about mid-December, don't have a restore point predating that time) they've...