Windows 10: Persistant Problem with BSOD, error code "TIMER_OR_DPC_INVALID"

Discus and support Persistant Problem with BSOD, error code "TIMER_OR_DPC_INVALID" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I built a new computer 2 weeks ago and just recently I started getting BSODs. It started after Minecraft kept crashing, and then I started getting blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_AB_22_, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Persistant Problem with BSOD, error code "TIMER_OR_DPC_INVALID"

I built a new computer 2 weeks ago and just recently I started getting BSODs. It started after Minecraft kept crashing, and then I started getting blue screens at random times, I reset the computer and it still happened, I installed all of the drivers and everything again and it still crashes. The crash code is Timer_or_dpc_invalid. I ran the sfc/scannow command in elevated command prompt and it came up that it found some corrupt files and was unable to fix them. There is a file with details of it but I don't understand what this means, I am trying to avoid taking it into Best Buy or somewhere similar but I don't see many other options. After resetting it I installed Norton and ran Malwarebytes and removed malware from my computer but the BSOD is still happening. I would really appreciate any help.

This is my build https://pcpartpicker.com/list/QPD6hg

submitted by /u/_AB_22_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/_AB_22_, Nov 15, 2019

2. BSOD error codes HELP!!!!!!

yeah, i did the chkdsk /r and passed it. I was not aware of needing to run sfc at the time as most everything i had found indicated Bad sectors as the cause. The codes are 2 separate codes. The system had had problems posting and the Mobo had previously been replaced. As soon as the Cx received the system he started getting the BSOD errors.

Killer_Rubber_Ducky, Nov 15, 2019
  3. Kursah Win User
    BSOD - Registry Error

Your BSOD code is 0X000000051

Here's the Google search I did for it: https://www.google.com/search?q=0x0...j5.399j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

There is a hotfix available that might help, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/810558

This thread makes a few good suggestions too: http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-hel...dows-7-pro-sp1-registry-error-0x00000051.html

+1 to listing your full system specs, OS version, etc. I did only look at your BSOD log file.

Run a Diskchk /R (I know you already ran one, so you can skip this)

Run SFC /SCANNOW

Report back.

Kursah, Nov 15, 2019
  4. Persistant Problem with BSOD, error code "TIMER_OR_DPC_INVALID"

Getting BSOD 0x124 error

Ignore what everone said here.

0x124 BSOD is usually related to VCCIO (VTT), run Prime95 version 26.6 with custom sizes of 512K to 640K with 50% of your memory for at least 8 hours.

If you get a 0x124 BSOD, increase VCCIO voltage by small steps, run Prime95 again until your stable.

If you pass Prime95 512K to 640K without a BSOD, then its Vcore too low. I'd suggest running IntelBurnTest with 80% of your memory to verify stability (8 to 12 hours).

Oh, and yeah, if this problem appeared all of the sudden, the reason is CPU degradation, you can prevent it by enabling C-States or adjust your overclock to use lower voltages.

Regeneration, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

Persistant Problem with BSOD, error code "TIMER_OR_DPC_INVALID"

1. Persistant Problem with BSOD, error code "TIMER_OR_DPC_INVALID" - Similar Threads - Persistant Problem BSOD

2. Persistent BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Persistent BSOD: I have been trying to track down the cause of a persistent blue screen issue for several weeks now and have been unsuccessful. It initially started as blue screens whenever I would play games on my computer. The stop code was WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, and I could not get my...
  3. Persistent PC BSOD with various stop codes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent PC BSOD with various stop codes: My PC crashes with BSOD multiple times per day. I have rigorously checked my drivers to ensure they are up-to-date to rule out that as an issue. I have also performed memory tests to check my RAM which came back clean. When I perform an sfc scan I get back a message stating...
  4. Persistent PC BSOD with various stop codes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Persistent PC BSOD with various stop codes: My PC crashes with BSOD multiple times per day. I have rigorously checked my drivers to ensure they are up-to-date to rule out that as an issue. I have also performed memory tests to check my RAM which came back clean. When I perform an sfc scan I get back a message stating...
  5. Persistent PC BSOD with various stop codes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Help! Persistent BSOD errors

Help! Persistent BSOD errors: For about 3 months I've had randomly occurring BSOD errors. The BSODs occur under use or when the system is idle. Here's what I've done so far: 1. Reinstalled Win10 Pro twice on old drive, once on new SSD Note: SFC/scannow finds no errors on either drive 2. Ran...
  7. Network Adapter persistent problem code 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network Adapter persistent problem code 10: I first had this problem where the network adapter IntelR Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz had the code 10 problem. I tried everything but couldn't find a solution so I reset my laptop and it was fixed or so I thought. Later after 2-3 days it occured again and when I dug deeper found...
  8. Persistent BSOD

Persistent BSOD: Hello, I'm having some difficulties with my Windows 10 enterprise version 2004 on my Dell XPS 15 9560 machine. I've experienced BSOD's on startup and shutdown. Most of them seem to be related to "usbxhci.sys". I've tried windows clean reset and update all drivers but the...
  9. Persistent BSOD

Persistent BSOD: Hello, On my Dell XPS 15 9560, running Windows 10 Enterprise version 2004, I've experienced random BSOD's the last couple of months. However I've not been successful in repairing it. The BSOD appears even after clean install and updating all drivers to latest versions. Help...
  10. Persistent random BSODs, no consistent error code

Persistent random BSODs, no consistent error code: Have been having regular BSODs at random intervals 10 mins - 5 hours after boot, most commonly when playing games, but not always, no consistent error code, seems to change every time. I have attached a HWinfo report file and the DMPs I could find. All specs are detailed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. timer ordpc invalid