Windows 10: Persistent 0x800f0922 error codes from windows update and Windows boot media can't detect...

Discus and support Persistent 0x800f0922 error codes from windows update and Windows boot media can't detect... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello all, I'm having issues with my windows installation and I'm at a loss as to how to troubleshoot. Solutions like DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by B_M_S, Dec 10, 2020.

1. B_M_S Win User

Persistent 0x800f0922 error codes from windows update and Windows boot media can't detect...

Hello all, I'm having issues with my windows installation and I'm at a loss as to how to troubleshoot. Solutions like DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth andsfc /scannow in command prompteven when cmd is run as admin have failed to help, and windows boot media can't preform an in-place upgrade or reinstallation as it always has trouble detecting if my PC can run Windows 10 despite being currently installed.

The back story of these issues is that this summer in August I wanted to reinstall windows on an SSD in case my hard drive broke down, however out of ignorance I made the mistake of leaving my hard drive attached when I made the second windows installation creating a dual boot system. But after getting tired of always having to deal with the selection screen from dual boot I decided to try to amend the installation to work purely off the SSD without a need for the original installation on the HDD. I'm now running Windows purely off of the SSD, and overcame a couple of software incompatibilities, but now I'm persistently issues with windows updates and any attempt to make a repair install using the windows media creation tool or bootable media. Namely that windows updates always produce the error code0x800f0922 and windows media generates the error message Sorry, we're unable to determine if your pc can run Windows 10.

If anyone knows what folders or files and/or settings I need to amend to work this out without having to back up and reinstall data it would be much appreciated if you could share it with me.

Thank you for your time.

:)

B_M_S, Dec 10, 2020
  2. grimmrace Win User

Windows refuses to update - Error 0x800f0922

Windows won't update, i ran sfc as an Admin in CMD and no issues.

Persistent 0x800f0922 error codes from windows update and Windows boot media can't detect... [​IMG]

• Adobe is activated on Edge but still doesn't work, could this be related?

Persistent 0x800f0922 error codes from windows update and Windows boot media can't detect... [​IMG]

System Details
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Build Version: 10586.420

grimmrace, Dec 10, 2020
  3. New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Dec 10, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Persistent 0x800f0922 error codes from windows update and Windows boot media can't detect...

Windows Update Error 0x800f0922

From the thread I linked above see:
    reagentc /enable failing with error code 3bc3, Windows Update failing with error 800F0922 - Super User

noting Answer 1

- from Post #22
    2019-01 cumulative update for 1809 x64 fails with 0x800F0922 error

Please try these commands from an admin command prompt:
    reagentc /info
    reagentc /enable

and report any anomalies.

Also check you can boot to a command prompt or to Safe mode e.g. via SHIFT + left click Restart and work through the prompts - this checks the Recovery partition is usable.

dalchina, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Persistent 0x800f0922 error codes from windows update and Windows boot media can't detect... - Similar Threads - Persistent 0x800f0922 error

2. Windows update error code 0x800f0922

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update error code 0x800f0922: My computer randolmly started doing this, i have tried turning off my firewall, turning every .net stuff on in the turn windows features on or off and i have a good internet...
  3. Windows update error code 0x800F0922

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update error code 0x800F0922: Hey for about a year now my pc can't update. It tries every day. Current version is 21h1. The update that fails is feature update to 21h1 is the problem that it tries to install an update that's already installed or are there a few feature updates to 21h1?I'll appreciate...
  4. Windows update error code 0x800F0922

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update error code 0x800F0922: Hey for about a year now my pc can't update. It tries every day. Current version is 21h1. The update that fails is feature update to 21h1 is the problem that it tries to install an update that's already installed or are there a few feature updates to 21h1?I'll appreciate...
  5. Can't Update Windows 10. Error Code - 0x800f0922:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Update Windows 10. Error Code - 0x800f0922:: I Have a windows 10 pro 64 bit edition. Today while updating my pc I saw that the updated wasn't installed and it was undoing changes.In the logs I saw this error code - 0x800f0922. After some googling I saw that it might be a problem of system reserved partition. When I...
  6. Can't Update Windows 10. Error Code - 0x800f0922:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Update Windows 10. Error Code - 0x800f0922:: I Have a windows 10 pro 64 bit edition. Today while updating my pc I saw that the updated wasn't installed and it was undoing changes.In the logs I saw this error code - 0x800f0922. After some googling I saw that it might be a problem of system reserved partition. When I...
  7. Can't Update Windows 10. Error Code - 0x800f0922:

8. update error code 0x800f0922

update error code 0x800f0922: Microsoft/Windows10 sends me updates every few days, they download updates KB4598242 and it tries to install which always fails, and it has to uninstall, this takes 15 minutes or so, very frustrating. Why do they download these updates knowing they will fail installation. I...
  9. Windows Update Error Codes 0x8024000b and 0x800f0922

Windows Update Error Codes 0x8024000b and 0x800f0922: Hello, I have been having trouble with my computer updating and every time I turn it on, it will try to install updates and uninstall over and over again making it 30 mins to turn on my computer. The two error codes that are present currently are 0x8024000b and 0x800f0922....
  10. Windows fails to update, error code 0X800f0922

Windows fails to update, error code 0X800f0922: Windows has failed to update numerous times. It will get to a 92% install and then backtrack, and uninstall the update. The error code I get is "Last failed install attempt on 7/29/2019 -0x800f0922. This is for the 2019-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for...
Tags: