Windows 10: Persistent 0xc0000142 and memory could not be read error

Discus and support Persistent 0xc0000142 and memory could not be read error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm hoping I can find some insight that I have not heard of yet. Out of the blue, I recieved this error while running a small steam game and discord... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PhillpMango, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Persistent 0xc0000142 and memory could not be read error

I'm hoping I can find some insight that I have not heard of yet. Out of the blue, I recieved this error while running a small steam game and discord saying that my programs were not starting correctly and that referenced memory could not be read. These errors affect any and all programs and prevent me from installing or running anything. Fixes I have tried include sfc scan, dsim scan, reinstall of windows, clean boot, registry edit, registry relisting, memtesta for bad memory, swapping memory, windows updates, checking for conflicting services. I am at a complete loss. If anyone has more insight into this, I would be grateful.

:)

PhillpMango, Feb 3, 2021

2. Error 0xc0000142

Hi,

Error 0xc0000142 could mean that the software you have downloaded might not be compatible with Windows 10. We suggest that you try running the program in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Here's how:

• Right-click on the program, and then select Properties.
    • In the Properties window, go to the Compatibility
      tab.
    • Under Compatibility mode, tick the check box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:, and then choose an older version of Windows.

If the issue persists, try reinstalling the program or check the developer for any updates for the software.

Let us know how it turns out.

Patricia Yu, Feb 3, 2021
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    Error 0xc0000142.

I purchased a Dell Inspiron laptop that is 2 weeks old. I downloaded Macrium Reflect. When I tried to download a Rescue disk, I got error message 0xc0000142.
    See screenshot.
    Is there a reliable fix for this?
    Thanks,
    Jerry

Persistent 0xc0000142 and memory could not be read error [​IMG]

Jerry8A, Feb 3, 2021
  4. Persistent 0xc0000142 and memory could not be read error

error code 0xc0000142

Hi Sally,

The error code "0xc0000142" that you encountered when opening Microsoft Office applications can be caused by several factors including a recent update or corrupted data files on the system. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any recent changes made or updates installed prior to the issue occurring?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you attempted?
    • Which version of Microsoft Office do you have?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 is installed on your device?

As an initial recommendation, you can follow the steps on this
    link
    to repair an Office application. The article provides a step-by-step guide for different versions of Windows and Microsoft Office.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

Persistent 0xc0000142 and memory could not be read error

1. Persistent 0xc0000142 and memory could not be read error - Similar Threads - Persistent 0xc0000142 memory

2. Persistent error - memory could not be read

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Persistent error - memory could not be read: I am getting this error every time I start a specific version of an application - C:\World of Warcraft\_classic era \WowClassic.exe Exception: ACCESS VIOLATION - The instruction at "Ox00007ffa027cf207" referenced memory at "Ox0000000000000058". The memory could not be "read"....
  3. Persistent error - memory could not be read

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent error - memory could not be read: I am getting this error every time I start a specific version of an application - C:\World of Warcraft\_classic era \WowClassic.exe Exception: ACCESS VIOLATION - The instruction at "Ox00007ffa027cf207" referenced memory at "Ox0000000000000058". The memory could not be "read"....
  4. Memory could not be read issue?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory could not be read issue?: I seem to be having a memory issue with my Alienwear 15r2 laptop when I shut it off, I plan on doing a ram diagnosis check to see if that is the issue. But if you guys have any input on how to fix this issue myself that would be appreciated, if the RAM is not the issue? I...
  5. Urgent: 0xc0000142/ referenced memory could not be read error. Please help. I've tried...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Urgent: 0xc0000142/ referenced memory could not be read error. Please help. I've tried...: I'm hoping I can find some insight that I have not heard of yet. Out of the blue, I recieved this error while running a small steam game and discord saying that my programs were not starting correctly and that referenced memory could not be read. These errors affect any and...
  6. Memory could not be read on shutdown

Memory could not be read on shutdown: I received this error on shutdown:[ATTACH] I haven't seen anyone else report something specifically like this. After this appeared, the popup disappeared moments later without intervention and the laptop shut down normally. This is the first time this happened since about a...
  7. Memory could not be read/written error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Memory could not be read/written error: Hi, i have a question to you all. every time i start up my computer, i try to open Steam or just anything that i had to download AND install (things that werent downloaded and installed automatically) i get a notification that says „memory could not be read/written” can...
  8. The memory Could not be read-Error

The memory Could not be read-Error: Hi, this Message is pops every couple of days and makes my Software to Crash, i have done Memory Check/scan that turns out Good ,i can't work like that,is there any answer to this? [ATTACH]...
  9. Error explorer.exe "The memory could not be read"

in Windows 10 Support
    Error explorer.exe "The memory could not be read": Hi everyone! I´m new on this forum. I´ve been using windows 10 since this january and everything was fine until build 10130 came up. Everytime I shut down my computer I receive the following error: [explorer.exe- Application Error The instruction at 0x00007FFD543ECC60...
  10. Error -- "Memory Could Not Be Read"

in Windows 10 Support
    Error -- "Memory Could Not Be Read": Hi everyone, I installed a program called, Qtabbar which customizes the look of windows. A few users here have no problem with it. But I dont understand why I got issues since I got Win 10 - 64 bit. I get this error when I go to view > options > extra view left. How do I...
Tags: