Windows 10: Persistent Black Screen and Freezing Issue on Windows

Discus and support Persistent Black Screen and Freezing Issue on Windows in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am writing to seek assistance with a recurring issue I have been experiencing since the end of 2022. The problem persists across both Windows 10 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Blacke Deke, Jan 31, 2024.

1. Persistent Black Screen and Freezing Issue on Windows

I am writing to seek assistance with a recurring issue I have been experiencing since the end of 2022. The problem persists across both Windows 10 and Windows 11 and occurs under specific circumstances involving my display and sleep mode.Issue Description:Whenever I manually turn off my monitor using its button and then turn it on again, I encounter a black screen, and my PC completely freezes. This necessitates a hard reset.Similarly, when my PC enters sleep mode and is subsequently reactivated, I am faced with a black screen and system freeze, again requiring a reset.Troubleshooting Steps Ta

:)

Blacke Deke, Jan 31, 2024

2. Issue with black screen, dual display, ATI Integrated GPU

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to go to device manager and disable the display drivers, check whether the issue persists or not.

• Press Windows + X keys and click
      Device manager.
    • Click to expand Display adapters, right click the second adapter and click
      Disable.
    • Restart the computer and check whether the issue persists or not.
    • Repeat the same steps to disable the first display adapter and check if it helps.

If you find the issue is with anyone of the display adapters then, I suggest you to update the display drivers from the manufactures website for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps form the below article for
    “Black Screen” issues and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Troubleshooting black or blank screens in Windows - Microsoft Support

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jan 31, 2024
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Black Screen, Screen Flickers, Random Freezes

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to update the Display drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.
    Refer the link below and check if it helps

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arun B J, Jan 31, 2024
  4. Arul_D Win User

Persistent Black Screen and Freezing Issue on Windows

Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Jan 31, 2024
Thema:

Persistent Black Screen and Freezing Issue on Windows

1. Persistent Black Screen and Freezing Issue on Windows - Similar Threads - Persistent Black Screen

2. Persistent Black Screen Issue on Windows

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Persistent Black Screen Issue on Windows: I am writing to seek assistance with a recurring issue I have been experiencing since the end of 2022. The problem persists across both Windows 10 and Windows 11 and occurs under specific circumstances involving my display and sleep mode.Issue Description:Whenever Windows...
  3. Persistent Black Screen and Freezing Issue on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent Black Screen and Freezing Issue on Windows: I am writing to seek assistance with a recurring issue I have been experiencing since the end of 2022. The problem persists across both Windows 10 and Windows 11 and occurs under specific circumstances involving my display and sleep mode.Issue Description:Whenever I manually...
  4. Persistent Black Screen and Freezing Issue on Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Persistent Black Screen and Freezing Issue on Windows: I am writing to seek assistance with a recurring issue I have been experiencing since the end of 2022. The problem persists across both Windows 10 and Windows 11 and occurs under specific circumstances involving my display and sleep mode.Issue Description:Whenever I manually...
  5. Blue screen issues persisting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen issues persisting: I have windows 10, running 2080ti and ryzen 3600. Had an issue with dpc watchdog violation bluescreen continually popping up with random programs/games I would play and it got so bad to the point where I completely reset my pc which deleted everything off my drive. I thought...
  6. Persistent black screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Persistent black screen: Title should be self-explanatory; black screen, nothing showing up. RX 580, monitor is an MSI Optix G27C2. When I boot my PC, everything goes as normal, it shows the Windows logo and those loading circles, but afterwards it just goes black and nothing shows. I've tried:...
  7. Black Screen and Freezing

Black Screen and Freezing: Hello Long after startup when my computer is just running applications will suddenly be Not Responding and the screen will go black, but does eventually load. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-and-freezing/69e80997-de94-4bcd-9daa-f5fb3415ea6c
  8. Windows freeze then black screen

Windows freeze then black screen: Hi, Since yesterday, Windows (x64 Pro) keeps freezing with a black screen while gaming (I have to do a forced restart or shutdown), at random intervals of time, sometimes I can play for about 5 minutes, other times for about 40 minutes, other times for even more. Until...
  9. Black screen freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen freeze: When I launch a game I have to wait like a minute until it launches after that a black screen appears, no sound and i cant do anything. I tried pressing windows key l, alt tabbing, ctrl+alt+delete, alt+f4 nothing helps only power button. I have all the latest drivers, did a...
  10. Black Flashing Screen Problem Persists

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Flashing Screen Problem Persists: I have youtubed my face off and scanned these forums trying to find something comparable to what is going on- but all I can find are many people complaining of a flickering screen problem associated with likely underlying driver errors. What is happening for me is the...