Windows 10: Persistent Black Screen Issue on Windows

Discus and support Persistent Black Screen Issue on Windows in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am writing to seek assistance with a recurring issue I have been experiencing since the end of 2022. The problem persists across both Windows 10 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Blacke Deke, Feb 6, 2024.

1. Persistent Black Screen Issue on Windows

I am writing to seek assistance with a recurring issue I have been experiencing since the end of 2022. The problem persists across both Windows 10 and Windows 11 and occurs under specific circumstances involving my display and sleep mode.Issue Description:Whenever Windows turns off the monitor I encounter a black screen. This necessitates a hard reset.Similarly, when my PC enters sleep mode and is subsequently reactivated, I am faced with a black screen, again requiring a reset. It doesn't freeze the Computer, as i could still hear the music on the background but it refuses to show anything no

:)

Blacke Deke, Feb 6, 2024

2. Issue with black screen, dual display, ATI Integrated GPU

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to go to device manager and disable the display drivers, check whether the issue persists or not.

• Press Windows + X keys and click
      Device manager.
    • Click to expand Display adapters, right click the second adapter and click
      Disable.
    • Restart the computer and check whether the issue persists or not.
    • Repeat the same steps to disable the first display adapter and check if it helps.

If you find the issue is with anyone of the display adapters then, I suggest you to update the display drivers from the manufactures website for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps form the below article for
    “Black Screen” issues and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Troubleshooting black or blank screens in Windows - Microsoft Support

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Feb 6, 2024
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Troubleshooting black or blank screens in Windows - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Feb 6, 2024
  4. Persistent Black Screen Issue on Windows

Persistent Black Screen and Freezing Issue on Windows

I am writing to seek assistance with a recurring issue I have been experiencing since the end of 2022. The problem persists across both Windows 10 and Windows 11 and occurs under specific circumstances involving my display and sleep mode.

Issue Description:

• Whenever I manually turn off my monitor using its button and then turn it on again, I encounter a black screen, and my PC completely freezes. This necessitates a hard reset.
    • Similarly, when my PC enters sleep mode and is subsequently reactivated, I am faced with a black screen and system freeze, again requiring a reset.
    Troubleshooting Steps Taken:

• I have formatted my Windows machine multiple times and performed fresh installations, but the issue persists even on a clean system.
    • I have performed all Bios updates on the motherboard.
    • I am using the latest NVIDIA driver for my RTX 2080TI graphics card, but this has not resolved the problem.
    • Interestingly, when I installed Linux on the same PC, I did not encounter any such issues, indicating that the hardware may not be at fault.
    • I regularly play games using my NVIDIA graphics card and do not experience any issues during gaming.
    This problem has been a significant hindrance to my daily computer usage, and I am at a loss on how to resolve it. Given that the issue is absent on a Linux system, it seems to be specific to the Windows environment. I would greatly appreciate any guidance or solutions you can provide to resolve this issue.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

System Info:

Intel Core i9-12900K (LGA 1700, 3.20 GHz, 16 -Core)
    Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB (2 x 16GB, 5600 MHz, DDR5 RAM, DIMM)
    WD Black SN850 (1000 GB, M.2 2280)
    ASUS ROG Maximus Z690 Hero (LGA 1700, Intel Z690 (DDR5), ATX)
    NVIDIA RTX 2080TI

Blacke Deke, Feb 6, 2024
Thema:

Persistent Black Screen Issue on Windows

1. Persistent Black Screen Issue on Windows - Similar Threads - Persistent Black Screen

2. Persistent Black Screen and Freezing Issue on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent Black Screen and Freezing Issue on Windows: I am writing to seek assistance with a recurring issue I have been experiencing since the end of 2022. The problem persists across both Windows 10 and Windows 11 and occurs under specific circumstances involving my display and sleep mode.Issue Description:Whenever I manually...
  3. Persistent Black Screen and Freezing Issue on Windows

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Persistent Black Screen and Freezing Issue on Windows: I am writing to seek assistance with a recurring issue I have been experiencing since the end of 2022. The problem persists across both Windows 10 and Windows 11 and occurs under specific circumstances involving my display and sleep mode.Issue Description:Whenever I manually...
  4. Persistent Black Screen and Freezing Issue on Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "Black Screen" Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Black Screen" Issue: Hello, I've been a ghost on this forum for a few years now and have had most of my issues fixed via the search function. However, the issue I have now hasn't been addressed since 2014 and the steps taken back then are not helping now. I am a computer technician at a county...
  6. Black screen issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen issue: I need help please. This laptop hard disk gave record unreadable errors so I replaced it with a new one and put the faulty one in a enclosure so that I can try and recover the data on it. Fresh install Windows 10 21H1 on it an start looking for recovery freeware on the...
  7. Blue screen issues persisting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen issues persisting: I have windows 10, running 2080ti and ryzen 3600. Had an issue with dpc watchdog violation bluescreen continually popping up with random programs/games I would play and it got so bad to the point where I completely reset my pc which deleted everything off my drive. I thought...
  8. Persistent black screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Persistent black screen: Title should be self-explanatory; black screen, nothing showing up. RX 580, monitor is an MSI Optix G27C2. When I boot my PC, everything goes as normal, it shows the Windows logo and those loading circles, but afterwards it just goes black and nothing shows. I've tried:...
  9. Black Screen Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen Issues: Since I updated my computer to Windows 10 I have been suffering from a mayor issue, that is every certain amount of time my computer screen will go totally black (like if it went to sleep mode) and computer will be completely unresponsive. I tried everything: formatted,...
  10. Black Flashing Screen Problem Persists

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Flashing Screen Problem Persists: I have youtubed my face off and scanned these forums trying to find something comparable to what is going on- but all I can find are many people complaining of a flickering screen problem associated with likely underlying driver errors. What is happening for me is the...