Windows 10: Persistent BSOD Crashes - Windows 10 Home Desktop

Discus and support Persistent BSOD Crashes - Windows 10 Home Desktop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good Afternoon, Lately I have been receiving persistent BSoD crashes. Every couple of days since September 14, 2020 The timing seems to coincide with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Steve-I., Sep 27, 2020.

1. Steve-I. Win User

Persistent BSOD Crashes - Windows 10 Home Desktop

Good Afternoon,

Lately I have been receiving persistent BSoD crashes. Every couple of days since September 14, 2020 The timing seems to coincide with when I downloaded a number of Windows updates, but I cannot be certain.

Updates applied just before the first crash:

1. 9/12/2020 - 2020-09 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 v2004 for x64
    2. 9/12/2020 - 2020-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems
    3. 9/13/2020 - Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - v5.83

During this time, I've received a total of five 5 separate error/stop codes over eight 8 crashes. Some are much more persistent than others.

Below are error codes I received on 7-of-8 crashes. I listed the events from most frequent to least frequent I forgot to write down one of the crashes, that's why there is only 7/8 noted:

• IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Twice
    • KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Twice
    • CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Once
    • SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Once
    • CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION Once

I've tried everything ranging from updating all drivers, to running Windows Troubleshooter, Windows Memory Diagnostic, System File Checker sfc scans etc. I also tried reading the minidumps created from the crashes using WinDbg Preview, but unfortunately I don't really know what I am looking at.

Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated, this has been an issue for ~2-weeks now and I'm still not finding a solution. Thanks!

-Steve

:)

Steve-I., Sep 27, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 27, 2020
  3. axe0 Win User
    System lockups, BSOD, games crash. errors vary.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Persistent BSOD Crashes - Windows 10 Home Desktop [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Please uninstall ASUS software, it is known for causing bluescreens.

Diagnostics Test
    Clean boot
    Please try the following:
    • Open taskmanager
      • Go to the tab startup
      • disable everything
    • Search msconfig and open it
      • Go to the tab services
      • Check 'hide microsoft services'
      • Uncheck all other services
      • Click apply and click ok
    • Reboot if asked
    See if the problem persist, if the problem does not persist enable in the startup tab in taskmanager 1 item and in the services tab in msconfig also 1 service, reboot and see if the problem persist. Keep doing this until you find the culprit or there is nothing left.
    If the problem still persist, try booting in safe mode and see if the problem still persist

4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Persistent BSOD Crashes - Windows 10 Home Desktop - Similar Threads - Persistent BSOD Crashes

2. Windows 10 PC persistent BSOD Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 PC persistent BSOD Crashes: My PC has been prone to crashing for a while. Previously I would get a crash once every couple of days, but the situation has degenerated to the point that it is happening multiple times an hour.I can't seem to detect any sort of pattern or common cause. The crash happens...
  3. Windows 10 PC persistent BSOD Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 PC persistent BSOD Crashes: My PC has been prone to crashing for a while. Previously I would get a crash once every couple of days, but the situation has degenerated to the point that it is happening multiple times an hour.I can't seem to detect any sort of pattern or common cause. The crash happens...
  4. Windows 10 PC persistent BSOD Crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Persistent freezing and BSOD on a Lenovo desktop PC running windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent freezing and BSOD on a Lenovo desktop PC running windows 10.: I have a Lenovo desktop PC that I bought from Costco a couple years ago. I have had a persistent issue with freezing and the BSOD. I called windows support early on and all they could suggest was to roll back my video card driver to a previous version from like 10 years ago....
  6. Persistent freezing and BSOD on a Lenovo desktop PC running windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Persistent freezing and BSOD on a Lenovo desktop PC running windows 10.: I have a Lenovo desktop PC that I bought from Costco a couple years ago. I have had a persistent issue with freezing and the BSOD. I called windows support early on and all they could suggest was to roll back my video card driver to a previous version from like 10 years ago....
  7. Persistent freezing and BSOD on a Lenovo desktop PC running windows 10.

8. Persistent BSOD Crashing: DPC_Watchdog_Violation

Persistent BSOD Crashing: DPC_Watchdog_Violation: I've been having persistent crashes for around two weeks now, and it's been extremely maddening. I've attempted to isolate the root cause, but the only consistent factors seems to be:-Around the first few minutes within half an hour of booting the computer up,-For roughly the...
  9. Persistent BSOD - Windows 10 Home Desktop

Persistent BSOD - Windows 10 Home Desktop: Good Afternoon, Lately I have been receiving persistent BSoD crashes. Every couple of days since September 14, 2020 The timing seems to coincide with when I downloaded a number of Windows updates, but I cannot be certain. Updates applied just before the first crash:...
  10. Persistent Windows Crash

Persistent Windows Crash: Hello, I have been dealing with repeated BSOD over the past few months. They typically occur while running application that would use the graphics card. I have taken the following steps to try to solve the issue: * Deleted and reinstalled my graphics card drivers in...