Windows 10: Persistent BSOD Issues during video games

Discus and support Persistent BSOD Issues during video games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Hope I can get any help on this issue I've been facing. Consistently getting the BSOD error of either 'VIDEO SCHEDULER INTERNAL ERROR'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MrUnderhill_Uk, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Persistent BSOD Issues during video games

Hi everyone,

Hope I can get any help on this issue I've been facing.

Consistently getting the BSOD error of either 'VIDEO SCHEDULER INTERNAL ERROR' or sometimes 'DPS WATCHDOG VIOLATION' when I am playing any sort of video game. The more intensive the video game the quicker the BSOD occurs, eg Minecraft normally takes around 15 minutes of playtime, Total War Three Kingdoms takes 2 minutes.

I have been trying to resolve this through repeatedly updating drivers, uninstalling, or rollback drivers on my account. I have tried scanning the system for corrupted files without any evidence of faults. I even tried using driver verification to try and look further without having any detailed information. Eventually it was suggested to just do a system restore on my system.

I followed through with this and now as my system is basically back to its roots, I re-downloaded Minecraft to try it out and I have just received the same 'VIDEO SCHEDULER INTERNAL ERROR' again.

Here is my most recent dump file from the BSOD. I do not have the previous error files since I have processed a system restore.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuVMjA0eLMSj7EnD7mnrG23jSo85?e=OyvHi8

I would be indebted to anyone who would be able to assist me in this!

A thousand thanks ahead of time.

Please let me know if you have any ideas that I can try out.

Thanks.

L.

:)

MrUnderhill_Uk, Apr 23, 2020

2. Video Issues in Windows 10 With Firefox

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• Is the issue occurs in Microsoft Edge?

• Let us know whether the issue is specific to online videos or it is happening with other videos present in your system too?

As the initial troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to check all the available Windows Updates. Installation of recent Windows Updates should fix the issue.

If the issue still persists, then try updating the Display driver and check. Here is the steps:
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • In Display Adapter, expand Display Adapter, right-click , and then click
      Update.
    If the issues persists ,only with firefox then i suggest you to contact firefox support.

Please do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Mary Sau Win User
    Video card driver crashing when playing games

We suggest that you rollback your driver. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R to open run dialog box.
    • In the dialog box window, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    • Right click on your video card driver -> Properties ->
      Driver tab
      and select Rollback driver.
    If the issue persists, it could be better to contact the developer of the game.

Regards.

Mary Sau, Apr 23, 2020
  4. Persistent BSOD Issues during video games

video playback issue after windows 10 update

Hi Mark,

Corrupted software and/or driver issues could be the reasons why you're experiencing problems when playing videos. We suggest that you try these steps, then check if the issue persists:

Feel free to update us on the result.

Rachelle Gra, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

Persistent BSOD Issues during video games

1. Persistent BSOD Issues during video games - Similar Threads - Persistent BSOD Issues

2. Subject: Persistent BSOD Issues While Gaming on Acer Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Subject: Persistent BSOD Issues While Gaming on Acer Laptop: Hello Microsoft Support!I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to report a recurring issue with my Acer laptop, where I consistently encounter Blue Screen of Death BSOD errors while playing games. The problem has been particularly noticeable in games such as CS:GO,...
  3. BSOD during Video Games - minidump files attached

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD during Video Games - minidump files attached: My PC has BSOD'd at least four times in the past 24 hours, while I've been playing video games Witcher 3 and Tiny Tina's Wonderland. The BSOD states WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. Tried updating drivers, chkdsk, and validating steam game files which was admittedly a long shot.In...
  4. BSOD during Video Games - minidump files attached

BSOD during Video Games - minidump files attached: My PC has BSOD'd at least four times in the past 24 hours, while I've been playing video games Witcher 3 and Tiny Tina's Wonderland. The BSOD states WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. Tried updating drivers, chkdsk, and validating steam game files which was admittedly a long shot.In...
  5. Persistent Gaming Services Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent Gaming Services Issues: Currently running the most recent Windows 11 update, hoping it would fix my long running issues, which it did not.For probably a year and a half now I've been dealing with persistent Gaming Services issues in which I cannot install games using Game Pass, nor can I play...
  6. Persistent Gaming Services Issues

Persistent Gaming Services Issues: Currently running the most recent Windows 11 update, hoping it would fix my long running issues, which it did not.For probably a year and a half now I've been dealing with persistent Gaming Services issues in which I cannot install games using Game Pass, nor can I play...
  7. Persistent issues with BSODS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Persistent issues with BSODS: I have had BSODS since December with a PC I had built in November, after losing my whole setup to a coolant leak. The person who built it investigated my issues pretty poorly and just replaced the RAM when I reported the BSODS to him. So I’m just trying to solve things on my...
  8. BSOD During Online Gaming: Persists after Win10 Upgrade

BSOD During Online Gaming: Persists after Win10 Upgrade: Hello. Currently, whenever I am playing or starting up any online game (League of Legends, Maplestory etc.) My laptop will freeze with the audio becoming an incredibly loud buzzing sound, often saying that my headphones became unplugged even though they hadn't. When this...
  9. Multiple BSOD's during games and youtube videos

Multiple BSOD's during games and youtube videos: Hello, I'm hesitant posting this here because I suspect it's a hadware problem, but since I have only experienced bsod's so far I thought it would be best to start here. So when using my home build PC, certain games and watching videos on the internet in general have...
  10. Persistent BSOD issues

Persistent BSOD issues: Over the past year, I've had recurring issues with BSOD on my laptop, which have proven beyond my abilities to deal with. I've even tried resetting my computer to no effect. Recently (starting from about mid-December, don't have a restore point predating that time) they've...