Windows 10: Persistent BSOD - Running out of options.... Any help is appreciated

Discus and support Persistent BSOD - Running out of options.... Any help is appreciated in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! Couple of months ago I build a new PC. Hardware installation went well, installed Windows 10, put my stuff back on.. all was good. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ErwinDGP11, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Persistent BSOD - Running out of options.... Any help is appreciated

Hi!

Couple of months ago I build a new PC.

Hardware installation went well, installed Windows 10, put my stuff back on.. all was good.

However, after some time BSOD kept occuring.

Installed WhoCrashed, analyzed the dumps and googled the issues.

Usual suspects:

* Drivers: Installed a couple of driver update programs to make sure I had the latest drivers.

* Memory: did the memtest, which did not give any problems. A friend of mine said Ryzen CPU's might work better with Crucial Ballistix Memory.

So I exchanged 16GB of Kingston Hyperx with Ballisitix 16 GB

* Looked extensively at the BIOS settings, but there is nothing that seems out of the ordinary.

BSOD does not happen under heavy load for example gaming. Usually just when nothing is going on. Editing a word document, looking at a website, opening outlook. Really random stuff.

I don't know what it could be anymore.

Any help is appreciated!

Link to the Memory.dmp zipped:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkHXxLo0qqHdi4YYflcoszdQw5byoA?e=pOXmO8

:)

ErwinDGP11, Jan 28, 2021
  2. FlashyG Win User

Persistent BSOD

First my apologies for not providing a log file with my post.

I'm unable to run the tool that is provided in the Posting Instructions thread on the affected machine, because I can't get it to boot regularly, into safe mode or even into the recovery partition of the hard drive.

The computer is a Toshiba Sattelite C850 running Windows 10 x64.

I've made a recovery disk, and that has given me some options but the computers owner did not set any restore points, the tool to fix the drive fails returning the message that the "drive is locked" and when the computer tries to load normally it either attempts to run chkdsk and stalls halfway through or returns a BSOD with the error code 0xc0000001. It seems the only option on the recovery disk that currently works properly is the command prompt.

Through the command prompt I've tried using fixboot to solve the problem but the BSOD persists.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix the issue or how to get a log file from the command prompt for more information I'd greatly appreciate it.

FlashyG, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Persistent BSOD ntoskrnl.exe

Ok understood CW. Could it be possible that even though the memory used is in the QVL list for the motherboard that it would still cause BSODs? I don't really feel like futzing with Memtest so would next steps be updating to latest BIOS, installing all RAM and then retesting?

RyanTScott, Jan 28, 2021
  4. Persistent BSOD - Running out of options.... Any help is appreciated

Core Apps not Running

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to run the App Troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue persists:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left pane.
    • Click on “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

Persistent BSOD - Running out of options.... Any help is appreciated

1. Persistent BSOD - Running out of options.... Any help is appreciated - Similar Threads - Persistent BSOD Running

2. Corrupted Windows? Multiple BSODs. Any help appreciated.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted Windows? Multiple BSODs. Any help appreciated.: Hello all,Currently having real issues with my pc. 4 days ago it started blue screening every couple of minutes giving random errors. Decided to try a fresh install of windows 2 days ago and ended up with Windows being even more unstable, spewing out BSODs. Tried another...
  3. Corrupted Windows? Multiple BSODs. Any help appreciated.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted Windows? Multiple BSODs. Any help appreciated.: Hello all,Currently having real issues with my pc. 4 days ago it started blue screening every couple of minutes giving random errors. Decided to try a fresh install of windows 2 days ago and ended up with Windows being even more unstable, spewing out BSODs. Tried another...
  4. Corrupted Windows? Multiple BSODs. Any help appreciated.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Any help is appreciated

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any help is appreciated: submitted by /u/psystylist150 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jry0fr/any_help_is_appreciated/
  6. Any help is greatly appreciated

Any help is greatly appreciated: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pondorasti [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jambw7/any_help_is_greatly_appreciated/
  7. Any help greatly appreciated

Any help greatly appreciated: submitted by /u/WHOinvitedLAGG [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ho52kt/any_help_greatly_appreciated/
  8. Any help would be appreciated!

Any help would be appreciated!: submitted by /u/Cheeeszuz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dr7z1r/any_help_would_be_appreciated/
  9. Any help would be appreciated

Any help would be appreciated: hearing a few seconds delay on the audio and some quiet popping noise on my new Dell XPS 13. Any help would be appreciated on how to solve this issue.[ATTACH]...
  10. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD, any help appreciated

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD, any help appreciated: Firstly, how do I update the BIOS and firmware needed? Secondly, I no longer posses the old GPU. Is there any other way to confirm that it's the PSU causing the trouble? Depends on the hardware you bought, I have the Asus Z97-A mobo and Asus Strix GTX 980 GPU and both have...