Windows 10: Persistent BSOD W10

Discus and support Persistent BSOD W10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Lenovo P51 Thinkpad running W10 Pro (latest version). All drivers are up to date. Memory test cleared. Scannow test cleared. No virus etc. P51... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DG111, Feb 19, 2019.

1. DG111 Win User

Persistent BSOD W10

Lenovo P51 Thinkpad running W10 Pro (latest version). All drivers are up to date. Memory test cleared. Scannow test cleared. No virus etc. P51 ran fine for the first couple of months. Issues have cropped up over last month: Repeated BSOD - at least once daily. Codes are not definitive.

Most recent error message:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000012b (0xffffffffc00002c4, 0x0000000000000772, 0x000000000ba3c980, 0xffff988072b2d000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 007ded7a-eff5-4aff-bec5-b8f7b4f75267.

Dump file has been saved. Please advise on how to upload.

Thanks

:)

DG111, Feb 19, 2019

2. Persistent BSOD ntoskrnl.exe

Ok understood CW. Could it be possible that even though the memory used is in the QVL list for the motherboard that it would still cause BSODs? I don't really feel like futzing with Memtest so would next steps be updating to latest BIOS, installing all RAM and then retesting?

RyanTScott, Feb 19, 2019
  3. jhumur Win User
    Persistent Disk Activity on Windows 10

FreeBooter, I did as you suggested and rebooted. The problem persisted. I noticed that the Bitdefender services remained checked when I turned off all non-Microsoft related services in the steps above.

jhumur, Feb 19, 2019
  4. Persistent BSOD W10

Persistent BSOD ntoskrnl.exe

Thanks for looking into this further and that is interesting. A bit of background. About two weeks ago in preparation to OC my 1950x, I decided I needed to reapply Arctic Silver to get better temps from my Liqtech 360. To make a long story short I made quite the mess of things by not taking out the processor to clean it and ended up getting Arctic Silver thermal compound as well as 2-step solution into the processor socket.

Feast your eyes:

Persistent BSOD W10 [​IMG]

Persistent BSOD W10 [​IMG]

I replaced the motherboard with the exact same motherboard and BIOS version, was able to clean the underside of the processor with Arctic Silver 2-step solution and am using it now. I cleaned the processor as gently as I could and believe I got all of the material off the underside of it. I even contacted and shared this info with AMD and they told me to go ahead and use the processor which I am now. However now I'm wondering if my cleaning wasn't as successful as I'd hoped... Thoughts?

RyanTScott, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

Persistent BSOD W10

1. Persistent BSOD W10 - Similar Threads - Persistent BSOD W10

2. Persistent BSOD Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent BSOD Errors: I have had a recurring problem with a variety of BSOD errors going back about 18 months. They seem to come and go in frequency, sometimes being weeks apart and sometimes back to back, 3 or 4 in a day. This is on a personal desktop machine, so I've just put up with it. Every...
  3. Persistent BSOD Errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Persistent BSOD Errors: I have had a recurring problem with a variety of BSOD errors going back about 18 months. They seem to come and go in frequency, sometimes being weeks apart and sometimes back to back, 3 or 4 in a day. This is on a personal desktop machine, so I've just put up with it. Every...
  4. Persistent BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent BSOD: I have been trying to track down the cause of a persistent blue screen issue for several weeks now and have been unsuccessful. It initially started as blue screens whenever I would play games on my computer. The stop code was WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, and I could not get my...
  5. Persistent BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Persistent BSOD: I have been trying to track down the cause of a persistent blue screen issue for several weeks now and have been unsuccessful. It initially started as blue screens whenever I would play games on my computer. The stop code was WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, and I could not get my...
  6. Experiencing persistent BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Experiencing persistent BSOD: Hi, I frequently experience BSOD messages saying "page_fault_in_nonpaged_area","memory_management", and just recently after running driver verifier to test my drivers I received "special_pool_detected_memory_corruption" I believe this links back to my drivers as most of my...
  7. Persistent BSOD

Persistent BSOD: Hello, I'm having some difficulties with my Windows 10 enterprise version 2004 on my Dell XPS 15 9560 machine. I've experienced BSOD's on startup and shutdown. Most of them seem to be related to "usbxhci.sys". I've tried windows clean reset and update all drivers but the...
  8. Persistent BSOD

Persistent BSOD: Hello, On my Dell XPS 15 9560, running Windows 10 Enterprise version 2004, I've experienced random BSOD's the last couple of months. However I've not been successful in repairing it. The BSOD appears even after clean install and updating all drivers to latest versions. Help...
  9. Persistent issues with BSODS

Persistent issues with BSODS: I have had BSODS since December with a PC I had built in November, after losing my whole setup to a coolant leak. The person who built it investigated my issues pretty poorly and just replaced the RAM when I reported the BSODS to him. So I’m just trying to solve things on my...
  10. Persistent BSOD

Persistent BSOD: First my apologies for not providing a log file with my post. I'm unable to run the tool that is provided in the Posting Instructions thread on the affected machine, because I can't get it to boot regularly, into safe mode or even into the recovery partition of the hard...