Windows 10: Persistent BSOD - Windows 10 Home Desktop

Discus and support Persistent BSOD - Windows 10 Home Desktop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good Afternoon, Lately I have been receiving persistent BSoD crashes. Every couple of days since September 14, 2020 The timing seems to coincide with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Steve-I., Sep 27, 2020.

1. Steve-I. Win User

Persistent BSOD - Windows 10 Home Desktop

Good Afternoon,

Lately I have been receiving persistent BSoD crashes. Every couple of days since September 14, 2020 The timing seems to coincide with when I downloaded a number of Windows updates, but I cannot be certain.

Updates applied just before the first crash:

1. 9/12/2020 - 2020-09 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 v2004 for x64
    2. 9/12/2020 - 2020-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems
    3. 9/13/2020 - Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - v5.83

During this time, I've received a total of five 5 separate error/stop codes over eight 8 crashes. Some are much more persistent than others.

Below are error codes I received on 7-of-8 crashes. I listed the events from most frequent to least frequent I forgot to write down one of the crashes, that's why there is only 7/8 noted:

• IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Twice
    • KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Twice
    • CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Once
    • SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Once
    • CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION Once

I've tried everything ranging from updating all drivers, to running Windows Troubleshooter, Windows Memory Diagnostic, System File Checker sfc scans etc. I also tried reading the minidumps created from the crashes using WinDbg Preview, but unfortunately I don't really know what I am looking at.

Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated, this has been an issue for ~2-weeks now and I'm still not finding a solution. Thanks!

-Steve

:)

Steve-I., Sep 27, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Persistent BSOD ntoskrnl.exe

Ok understood CW. Could it be possible that even though the memory used is in the QVL list for the motherboard that it would still cause BSODs? I don't really feel like futzing with Memtest so would next steps be updating to latest BIOS, installing all RAM and then retesting?

RyanTScott, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Persistent BSOD - Windows 10 Home Desktop

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Persistent BSOD - Windows 10 Home Desktop

1. Persistent BSOD - Windows 10 Home Desktop - Similar Threads - Persistent BSOD Home

2. Persistent BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent BSOD: I have been trying to track down the cause of a persistent blue screen issue for several weeks now and have been unsuccessful. It initially started as blue screens whenever I would play games on my computer. The stop code was WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, and I could not get my...
  3. Persistent BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Persistent BSOD: I have been trying to track down the cause of a persistent blue screen issue for several weeks now and have been unsuccessful. It initially started as blue screens whenever I would play games on my computer. The stop code was WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, and I could not get my...
  4. Persistent freezing and BSOD on a Lenovo desktop PC running windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent freezing and BSOD on a Lenovo desktop PC running windows 10.: I have a Lenovo desktop PC that I bought from Costco a couple years ago. I have had a persistent issue with freezing and the BSOD. I called windows support early on and all they could suggest was to roll back my video card driver to a previous version from like 10 years ago....
  5. Persistent freezing and BSOD on a Lenovo desktop PC running windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Persistent freezing and BSOD on a Lenovo desktop PC running windows 10.: I have a Lenovo desktop PC that I bought from Costco a couple years ago. I have had a persistent issue with freezing and the BSOD. I called windows support early on and all they could suggest was to roll back my video card driver to a previous version from like 10 years ago....
  6. Persistent freezing and BSOD on a Lenovo desktop PC running windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Persistent BSOD Crashes - Windows 10 Home Desktop

Persistent BSOD Crashes - Windows 10 Home Desktop: Good Afternoon, Lately I have been receiving persistent BSoD crashes. Every couple of days since September 14, 2020 The timing seems to coincide with when I downloaded a number of Windows updates, but I cannot be certain. Updates applied just before the first crash:...
  8. Persistent BSOD

Persistent BSOD: Hello, I'm having some difficulties with my Windows 10 enterprise version 2004 on my Dell XPS 15 9560 machine. I've experienced BSOD's on startup and shutdown. Most of them seem to be related to "usbxhci.sys". I've tried windows clean reset and update all drivers but the...
  9. Persistent BSOD

Persistent BSOD: Hello, On my Dell XPS 15 9560, running Windows 10 Enterprise version 2004, I've experienced random BSOD's the last couple of months. However I've not been successful in repairing it. The BSOD appears even after clean install and updating all drivers to latest versions. Help...
  10. Persistent BSOD

Persistent BSOD: First my apologies for not providing a log file with my post. I'm unable to run the tool that is provided in the Posting Instructions thread on the affected machine, because I can't get it to boot regularly, into safe mode or even into the recovery partition of the hard...