Windows 10: Persistent BSOD

Discus and support Persistent BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, On my Dell XPS 15 9560, running Windows 10 Enterprise version 2004, I've experienced random BSOD's the last couple of months. However I've not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by desperateman, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Persistent BSOD

Hello,

On my Dell XPS 15 9560, running Windows 10 Enterprise version 2004, I've experienced random BSOD's the last couple of months. However I've not been successful in repairing it. The BSOD appears even after clean install and updating all drivers to latest versions. Help is massively appreciated. I've managed to locate the .dmp file: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e) This is a very common bugcheck - Pastebin.com

:)

desperateman, Jul 13, 2020

2. Persistent BSOD ntoskrnl.exe

Ok understood CW. Could it be possible that even though the memory used is in the QVL list for the motherboard that it would still cause BSODs? I don't really feel like futzing with Memtest so would next steps be updating to latest BIOS, installing all RAM and then retesting?

RyanTScott, Jul 13, 2020
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. axe0 Win User

Persistent BSOD

System lockups, BSOD, games crash. errors vary.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Persistent BSOD [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Please uninstall ASUS software, it is known for causing bluescreens.

Persistent BSOD [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    Persistent BSOD [​IMG]
    Clean boot
    Please try the following:
    • Open taskmanager
      • Go to the tab startup
      • disable everything
    • Search msconfig and open it
      • Go to the tab services
      • Check 'hide microsoft services'
      • Uncheck all other services
      • Click apply and click ok
    • Reboot if asked
    See if the problem persist, if the problem does not persist enable in the startup tab in taskmanager 1 item and in the services tab in msconfig also 1 service, reboot and see if the problem persist. Keep doing this until you find the culprit or there is nothing left.
    If the problem still persist, try booting in safe mode and see if the problem still persist

Thema:

Persistent BSOD

1. Persistent BSOD - Similar Threads - Persistent BSOD

2. Persistent BSOD Errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Persistent BSOD Errors: I have had a recurring problem with a variety of BSOD errors going back about 18 months. They seem to come and go in frequency, sometimes being weeks apart and sometimes back to back, 3 or 4 in a day. This is on a personal desktop machine, so I've just put up with it. Every...
  3. Persistent BSOD Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent BSOD Errors: I have had a recurring problem with a variety of BSOD errors going back about 18 months. They seem to come and go in frequency, sometimes being weeks apart and sometimes back to back, 3 or 4 in a day. This is on a personal desktop machine, so I've just put up with it. Every...
  4. Persistent BSOD Errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Persistent BSOD Issue on Dell Latitude 7480

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent BSOD Issue on Dell Latitude 7480: Hi Microsoft Team,I hope you're doing well. I'm reaching out regarding a frustrating issue I've been experiencing with my Dell Latitude 7480 laptop. Despite trying numerous troubleshooting steps, including a full system restore, I'm still encountering frequent Blue Screen of...
  6. Persistent BSOD Issue on Dell Latitude 7480

Persistent BSOD Issue on Dell Latitude 7480: Hi Microsoft Team,I hope you're doing well. I'm reaching out regarding a frustrating issue I've been experiencing with my Dell Latitude 7480 laptop. Despite trying numerous troubleshooting steps, including a full system restore, I'm still encountering frequent Blue Screen of...
  7. Persistent BSOD Issue on Dell Latitude 7480

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Persistent BSODs after waking from sleep mode; screen freezes ocassionally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent BSODs after waking from sleep mode; screen freezes ocassionally: Hi there,My Dell 5510 is constantly showing me BSODs, usually after I leave it in sleep mode e.g., stepping away for usually more than 30 minutes or just closing the laptop without turning it off. When I return and start working again, I either get a BSOD or the screen is...
  9. Persistent BSODs after waking from sleep mode; screen freezes ocassionally

Persistent BSODs after waking from sleep mode; screen freezes ocassionally: Hi there,My Dell 5510 is constantly showing me BSODs, usually after I leave it in sleep mode e.g., stepping away for usually more than 30 minutes or just closing the laptop without turning it off. When I return and start working again, I either get a BSOD or the screen is...
  10. Subject: Persistent BSOD Issues While Gaming on Acer Laptop

Subject: Persistent BSOD Issues While Gaming on Acer Laptop: Hello Microsoft Support!I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to report a recurring issue with my Acer laptop, where I consistently encounter Blue Screen of Death BSOD errors while playing games. The problem has been particularly noticeable in games such as CS:GO,...