Windows 10: Persistent Disk Activity on Windows 10

Discus and support Persistent Disk Activity on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Something weird happened today. I have a bunch of internal and external (eSAT and USB 3.0) drives on my Windows 10 (64bit) system. They all started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jhumur, Sep 19, 2018.

1. jhumur Win User

Persistent Disk Activity on Windows 10

Something weird happened today. I have a bunch of internal and external (eSAT and USB 3.0) drives on my Windows 10 (64bit) system. They all started flashing intermittently this afternoon. I did a screen grab of the Task Manager/Performance tab to show you what it looks like. This all seems to have started after I uninstalled AVAST and replaced it with Bitdefeder IS. I'm hoping you good people could give me some ideas on what to check and how to resolve this issue. Thank you.

Persistent Disk Activity on Windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

jhumur, Sep 19, 2018

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Sep 19, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 19, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Persistent Disk Activity on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Persistent Disk Activity

2. Persistent Audio Issues Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Persistent Audio Issues Windows 10: (Posting this on behalf of my husband so I can get audio working on my puter for video gamessss!) I am running 64-bit Windows 10 Home Build 19042 on a Gigabyte 970A-UD3P (rev. 2.x) with the latest BIOS version (FC) and Realtek HD Audio Driver (Version 8447) from this...
  3. Persistent Disk Space and Memory Issues.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Persistent Disk Space and Memory Issues.: I have an HP Omen gaming laptop. Before I get into the issue I've been facing, I'm going to list some information about my device below just in case it could be of use: System Model: OMEN by HP Laptop 15-dc0xxx System Type: x64-based PC Processor: IntelR CoreTM i7-8750H...
  4. Windows activation disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows activation disk: I lost my windows activation disk and i'm sad. I left it in another state so I cant get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-activation-disk/a407c889-1dc0-4ad8-a38e-a31bb1b0aaf4
  5. Activation Windows 10 OEM disk

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation Windows 10 OEM disk: Brother bought GOV HP desktop and sent it to me...loaded fine, works fine - except sound. Tried to setup but computer says Windows 10 not activated. Looked at disk & disk jacket...has the product key - entered thru settings-activation-product key --- say not valid....
  6. Windows Activation Watermark Persists

Windows Activation Watermark Persists: When I go to settings or run the trouble shooter it tells me windows is activated. But the stupid watermark persists. Why is this happening? I've looked at threads on the community and it doesn't sound like anyone ever actually answers how to get rid of this watermark. I'm...
  7. Persistent issues with Windows 10 Pro.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Persistent issues with Windows 10 Pro.: i have been having persistent issues with windows 10 pro, between getting the updates to updating drivers it has been a real nightmare. im the last week i have reinstalled windows at least 15 times due to it looping in BSOD and other critical errors, even the start up repair...
  8. HYPER-V Non persistent Disks ???

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    HYPER-V Non persistent Disks ???: Hi folks particularly @Kari With HYPER V is it possible to create a training environment so that people can do exercises / tutorials on a VM but at the end of the session the Virtual HDD's are restored to the initial state. With VMWARE it's easy enough but I'm not sure...
  9. Disk Activity

Disk Activity: How do you stop the constant disk activity it is becoming a joke, every thing freezes until it stops. How do you turn off updates, there must be a hack or something out there. 43804
  10. Persistent activation errors with Win10 pro

Persistent activation errors with Win10 pro: I originally upgraded from 7 (licence obtained through msdn), and got my first 'activate windows error 2 weeks later). Called ms and got a confirmation I'd, which entered fine and worked for another few days, until I. Got the activation error again. Tried a fresh install...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 disk activity

2. windows 10 weird disk activity

3. persistant disk activity

4. windows 10 hybrid disk activity