Windows 10: Persistent & intermittent BSOD 0xc0000001 & ACPI_BIOS_ERROR

Discus and support Persistent & intermittent BSOD 0xc0000001 & ACPI_BIOS_ERROR in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My system is a Lenovo P51s purchased around 2017. It has a hard drive ribbon connector on its motherboard, which is taken by a 512GB Crucial SSD via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mushy_y, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Mushy_y Win User

Persistent & intermittent BSOD 0xc0000001 & ACPI_BIOS_ERROR

My system is a Lenovo P51s purchased around 2017. It has a hard drive ribbon connector on its motherboard, which is taken by a 512GB Crucial SSD via SATA. As you may know, this connection on this model is widely thought to be unreliable, and my system crashes unpredictably as a result. A few days ago, I've purchased a 512GB Transcend SSD in the 2242 form factor and inserted it into the vacant M.2 port, in the expectation that that connector is more reliable and will serve my boot drive, and the original Crucial SSD with the existing ribbon connector will be a data drive instead.

During the process of installing Windows 10 on it, which entails several reboots, it started giving me BSsOD marked with ACPI_BIOS_ERRORs, and I've tried to re-format the Transcend drive, rewrite its MBR, or use Windows utilities like bootsect, bcdedit, bootrec, sfc /scannow, etc. to adjust its behaviour, but none appear to have a concrete effect on this deluge of errors. I am convinced that both drives are actually functional as far as MBR is concerned, as they sometimes boot flawlessly if I leave the system off for long enough, or just keep rebooting until it somehow works. I also extensively used bootable media like a Win10 installation USB or recovery USB to probe the system, but the same ACPI_BIOS_ERROR appears even on those bootable devices. The Windows splash appears in each case before the BSOD shows up. Occasionally I'm able to coax out a 0xc0000001 error, which allows me to select things like Safe Mode, but the ACPI_BIOS_ERROR still occurs erratically and frequently.

To date I have not been able to deduce what causes the error to appear or to go away. The only thing which seems to be true is that I cannot boot from one drive, shut down, and boot from the other--that always seems to lead to an immediate ACPI_BIOS_ERROR.

I have spent not less than 20 hours over the last four days over this intractable situation. Help at this point would be tremendously appreciated to create a stable dual-drive system and render the laptop reliable.

:)

Mushy_y, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Persistent & intermittent BSOD 0xc0000001 & ACPI_BIOS_ERROR

1. Persistent & intermittent BSOD 0xc0000001 & ACPI_BIOS_ERROR - Similar Threads - Persistent intermittent BSOD

2. BlueScreen ACPI_BIOS_ERROR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BlueScreen ACPI_BIOS_ERROR: So the bluescreen happen after i shutdown my laptop after doing some work, and went to the cafe to meet with my friend to do some exam and turned on my laptop again. But after i turned it on, my laptop went bluescreen with ACPI_BIOS_ERROR. Can anyone help me to fix this so i...
  3. BlueScreen ACPI_BIOS_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BlueScreen ACPI_BIOS_ERROR: So the bluescreen happen after i shutdown my laptop after doing some work, and went to the cafe to meet with my friend to do some exam and turned on my laptop again. But after i turned it on, my laptop went bluescreen with ACPI_BIOS_ERROR. Can anyone help me to fix this so i...
  4. Persistent Intermittent BSOD's on upgraded mobo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Persistent Intermittent BSOD's on upgraded mobo: Hello all, I had a few BSOD issues when on my previous motherboard related to the game bar and the GameInputRedistributable crashing my desktop, and decided to start with a fresh install when moving to a new X570 mother board from my previous X470 build. All other...
  5. Blue screen error, intermittent but persistent.

Blue screen error, intermittent but persistent.: Hello, Powered up my system this morning to what looked liked a frozen BIOS splash screen. After a minute or so I got the dreaded Blue screen followed by the system powering down on its own. I didn't catch the QR code in time, but since I know a little about Event Logs, I...
  6. BSOD of recovery error code 0xc0000001

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD of recovery error code 0xc0000001: Hi, I think i downloaded a virus and i was so worried. So i downloaded an app called anti-malware to scan and delete the virus. After done scanning or something, it forced me to restart. So i did it of course. And BSOD started occuring. Please help it is my dad's computer...
  7. Bootcamp Windows 10 keeps showing ACPI_BIOS_ERROR.

Bootcamp Windows 10 keeps showing ACPI_BIOS_ERROR.: Recently got bootcamp for Windows 10 on my Macbook Pro running Catalina 10.15. Bootcamp successfully installed and launched. Left it to idle for a bit and when I came back it had shut down my Macbook. Turning it back on I saw the Windows Logo, then the loading wheel suddenly...
  8. Intel Compute Stick (stck1a32wfc) BSOD - acpi_bios_error

Intel Compute Stick (stck1a32wfc) BSOD - acpi_bios_error: I had Ubuntu 16.10 loaded on this stick but the o/s proved too much for it. I ended up swapping it out for a lighter-weight Debian based distribution which is still installed as far as I recall. I would like to reinstall Win10 now ( it came with Win8.1 + upgrade to Win10),...
  9. Intermittent BSOD - happened in Win 7 and persists in Win 10

Intermittent BSOD - happened in Win 7 and persists in Win 10: Usually early on in day's use. Will happen 2 or 3 days in a row and then not for 10 days or so. Get Machine Check Exception popup zip file with info attached. TIA, Lew 44364
  10. acpi_bios_error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    acpi_bios_error: Hello, I'm trying to install windows 10 on a new build, but it always gives me this error/bluescreen as soon as it loads from the installation media. Updated bios and I've tried to disable ACPI settings on the bios and it did no difference. 42354
Tags: